NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2,133 posts (3,879 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 254 posts (490 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 225 posts (382 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 99 posts (109 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,160,210 views
    2. thumb_up 6,294 thanks given
    3. group 164 followers
    1. forum 3,856 posts
    2. attach_file 551 attachments

Search this Thread

NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,346
Thanks Received: 26,267

DavidHP View Post
So is Bobwest. I just PM'ed him and told him we are twins. LOL

Mine was set to zero when I became a moderator, so not the same case.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,181
Thanks Received: 101,542

DavidHP View Post
So is Bobwest. I just PM'ed him and told him we are twins. LOL

Mods are excluded from rankings, so that one isn't in error.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

@Big Mike and I were having a discussion in my journal that rightly belongs here.

I wonder if there is a benefit to add a feature on chat box, on the right where all the recent thread posts are shown where the title of the thread would have the same color stripe indication as the thread starter?

The benefit for me personally would be that I could guide or prioritize the way I divide limited time responding to threads.

In my hallucination, I want to fraternize with folks that see the value in "joining elite", conversely if a "visitor" starts a thread, I'd choose to have a leg up on the treachery that is sometimes associated with me getting involved there.

I guess kind of an option for further separation between perceived potential value of "elite" classification.

If that's a snap and you guys think it might be an enhancement, cool. If that's BS, no worries. I appreciate you and all your work contributing to a great platform.

-Dan

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

bobwest View Post
Mine was set to zero when I became a moderator, so not the same case.

Bob.

It was a heavy price that @bobwest paid.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,346
Thanks Received: 26,267

wldman View Post
@Big Mike and I were having a discussion in my journal that rightly belongs here.

I wonder if there is a benefit to add a feature on chat box, on the right where all the recent thread posts are shown where the title of the thread would have the same color stripe indication as the thread starter?

The benefit for me personally would be that I could guide or prioritize the way I divide limited time responding to threads.

In my hallucination, I want to fraternize with folks that see the value in "joining elite", conversely if a "visitor" starts a thread, I'd choose to have a leg up on the treachery that is sometimes associated with me getting involved there.

I guess kind of an option for further separation between perceived potential value of "elite" classification.

If that's a snap and you guys think it might be an enhancement, cool. If that's BS, no worries. I appreciate you and all your work contributing to a great platform.

-Dan

As I understand it, this is not about the chat box, but about the list of new posts on the right-hand side of the page, across from the chat box. If the thread being posted to was originally started by an Elite member, the thread title would be color-coded for Elite, etc.. This is what I think Dan was saying when I went to his thread, anyway. This would give another way to decide whether to look into what is being posted, the assumption being that an initially-Elite thread might be given more weight. (This is how I understood it anyway....)

One thing about this is that a huge amount of the posting on FIO is in non-Elite threads, but the total posting by Elite members, in all threads together, can be in the 70+ percent range. Which simply means that a very large amount of the posting by Elite members is in non-Elite threads. So skipping them would involve missing out on a lot of discussions and content by Elite members, no matter who started it.

Sure, sometimes the thread is about something like "How do I find a broker" or something equally basic, but not always.

Just a thought. It might still be worthwhile to color-code the threads by whether the starter was Elite or not, but I don't think it's as cut and dried as it may first seem.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

essentially correct Bob.

I want to minimize personal priority on threads started by people that register for free but decline to join. Conversely when someone I respect responds in that thread I CAN see that and choose to click or avoid.

I'm just looking for a way to discriminate based on reputation and decision to affirm the community by paying to join.

Alternatively, could there be a way to create a focus list...not and e-mail notification, where threads I want to follow can be quartered together? If I could click a box and never see a thread again, that would also work great.

I want to be more selective who I interact with, that's all.

-Dan

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,294

wldman View Post
Alternatively, could there be a way to create a focus list...not and e-mail notification, where threads I want to follow can be quartered together? If I could click a box and never see a thread again, that would also work great.

There's an option to subscribe to thread you wants, so you can keep a shortlist/watchlist of your favourite threads.

Thanked by:

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

@wldman If I understand you correctly.

This 'just' needs a 'Stop Seeing Thread' button alongside the 'Stop Following Thread' button. I would quite like that too, and it would have been good back in the equally great 'Oil Trading Academy' (or whatever it was) thread days. Then we don't see it in the 'New Posts' list at minimum, and maybe the front page scrolling list for those who watch that, I don't.

I know we can exclude sections of the forum but I don't think we can exclude individual threads from visibility, whereas individual thread OP's can exclude individual posters.

I think trying to see elite-only posts in non-elite threads would be tricky and undesirable from a context point of view, and also there are a lot of good posts made by many non-elite members.

Travel Well

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

All of that may be a better solution to what I was describing. In threads, I don't care about not seeing comments from non elite, that is fine....and I agree many interesting contributions.

What I meant is that I'm less likely to respond or post in a thread that is started by someone that has not affirmed membership. Example, when a visitor starts a post (their first one) with "magic indicator" , or "never lose again" I don't even want to see that.

Conversely, when a new non member comes in and has genuine questions or interests. I do think it is important and actually the nature/purpose of the site to engage in a positive way. I want to help people if I have something valuable.

A check box to "stop seeing this thread" that would preempt a thread from showing in the right side thread scroll would be perfect...even if you had to actually go to the thread to check the box...sort of like an idiot filter.

-Dan

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,181
Thanks Received: 101,542

Hiding a complete thread from view is unfortunately an extremely complex proposition due to how the software is written. But, nevertheless, I will put it on my list and see if I can do it in the future.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 29, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts