NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2,131 posts (3,879 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 254 posts (490 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 225 posts (382 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 99 posts (109 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,159,330 views
    2. thumb_up 6,291 thanks given
    3. group 164 followers
    1. forum 3,852 posts
    2. attach_file 550 attachments

Search this Thread

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,537

Made it so that members can post in Site Sponsor AMA threads even if they have fewer than 10 posts. Since most of these AMA's are located in the Review or Broker section, previously a member needed 10 posts to create a new post in that area (to prevent spam).

However, we are going to try this exclusion where only these AMA threads are able to bypass the 10 post requirement. We hope this doesn't lead to abuse, but instead enhances members communication with these sponsors via their AMA.

As always, if you guys see a post that doesn't follow our site policies, please use the Report Post tool to right of each post.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Made a small change that has to do with creating new post replies, in order to better identify spammers.

If you notice any problem submitting new posts, please let me know.

Mike

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

There was an issue that prevented new threads from being created, for the last 10 hours (overnight). I've corrected it now and apologize for the inconvenience. Fighting spam isn't easy!

Mike

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Recently, the mods and I have noticed a new wave of bots posting on the site.

These bots don't follow typical behavior and as such have been harder to truly know their intentions.

However, some patterns were noticed and I've implemented a new tool in our toolbox that lets us identify these bots much more easily. That is what the last couple of posts in the changelog thread have been about.

I'm not going to disclose more info publicly because we don't want the spammers to know we are on to them. But, as always, I do ask that if you see a suspicious post, please use the Report Post feature (yellow icon, to right of every post) to alert the moderators.

The moderator(s) will be able to glance at the reported post and our tool will show its information, and we will take action by deleting and banning the spammer if we have confirmation.

Please help us keep our community spam free, and report any suspicious posts. Last, let me please remind everyone not to take moderator duties into their own hands -- please do not engage with a spammer. Just report it and move on, and let the mods investigate it. There has been at least one recent incident where a member engaged with the spammer for a "jibberish" type of response, and got banned because he was extremely rude about it.

Mike

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Corrected a minor formatting issue with the Bookmark and Report Post icons showing up at the top of each post. The mouse pointer CSS was not working, and it should be now.

Mike

Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,058

Mike, is there any way you can change the reply function so that the quoted text shows 2 or 3 lines and hides the rest? Place a function where the user can click to expand and see the entire quoted text if they wish. It happens a lot where someone will quote an entire essay with a one liner saying 'I agree' or something similar thats vague and irritating.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Grantx View Post
Mike, is there any way you can change the reply function so that the quoted text shows 2 or 3 lines and hides the rest? Place a function where the user can click to expand and see the entire quoted text if they wish. It happens a lot where someone will quote an entire essay with a one liner saying 'I agree' or something similar thats vague and irritating.

Probably. I'll add to my list. Right now I am spending extra time designing the webinar system (still) but I occasionally need a distraction...

Mike

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

Grantx View Post

Big Mike View Post
Probably. I'll add to my list. Right now I am spending extra time designing the webinar system (still) but I occasionally need a distraction...

Mike

I have a slight issue with this. I totally agree about the people who do a full quote of an enormous post -- and they always get in the charts and images too -- and then write a short little sentence -- or even a long one -- at the end. The huge quote takes up space and does no good.

But, how about those who, like me, don't do this? I will usually quote a short excerpt from a post that contains the thought I want to reply to, and then I respond to it. (Also, as everyone knows, I will never just type a one-liner either. ) I've generally selected what I want to talk about in the quoted text, and wouldn't want it to get truncated arbitrarily.

I realize that the proposal includes a reader being able to expand the quote to the full text, but for that matter, the problem of the big quotes doesn't occur except in fairly unusual cases. Most posts that are quoted are going to be relatively short anyway.

I would be fine with a change like this if it were not limited too severely. Instead of 2 or 3 lines, how about 10 or 12? Or 5 or 6? Something that doesn't shrink down the initially visible part of the quote to a couple of lines. Include any image links in the count, so that the multiple-image quotes don't get out of hand.

Just don't cut down every single quote out of irritation with the excesses of some members who don't bother to edit them themselves.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,058

bobwest View Post
I have a slight issue with this. I totally agree about the people who do a full quote of an enormous post -- and they always get in the charts and images too -- and then write a short little sentence -- or even a long one -- at the end. The huge quote takes up space and does no good.

But, how about those who, like me, don't do this? I will usually quote a short excerpt from a post that contains the thought I want to reply to, and then I respond to it. (Also, as everyone knows, I will never just type a one-liner either. ) I've generally selected what I want to talk about in the quoted text, and wouldn't want it to get truncated arbitrarily.

Bob.

When someone quotes an entire post including images, I am not interested in the original post anymore because I would have read it already. I am interested to know what, specifically, the person is responding to and whatever they have to say about it. It makes the flow of a thread a lot more concise and efficient. You are the exception Bob, however a lot of people just don't have any common sense 'reply etiquette' and that's why I feel the option should be enabled by default.

So, to add to my original suggestion, how about when a person highlights certain text in a post, an option pops up to quote only the text that has been selected? Then, if I find myself wading through a dissertation on the merits of HTF vs LTF and agree/disagree with something, I can simply highlight that portion that I want to talk about and reply. Makes it easy for everyone to see what I am responding to and improves the overall chi flow of the thread.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

Grantx View Post
When someone quotes an entire post including images, I am not interested in the original post anymore because I would have read it already. I am interested to know what, specifically, the person is responding to and whatever they have to say about it. It makes the flow of a thread a lot more concise and efficient....

So, to add to my original suggestion, how about when a person highlights certain text in a post, an option pops up to quote only the text that has been selected? Then, if I find myself wading through a dissertation on the merits of HTF vs LTF and agree/disagree with something, I can simply highlight that portion that I want to talk about and reply. Makes it easy for everyone to see what I am responding to and improves the overall chi flow of the thread.

Anything that improves the overall "chi" of the thread (I like this term here ) is good. However, take a look at the text I quoted above. There is a "..." at the end of your first paragraph because I only thought the first part was relevant to what I wanted to say. If the user can multi-select different chunks of the post, that would almost get this effect, although I think the "..." is worth having because it shows that something is left out. I don't know how his can be done with a selection tool, though.

Interesting discussion. I do think it would be worthwhile to pare down the big quotes. I once tried to educate the big quoters in my journal, but was resoundingly ignored, so that isn't the way to do it.

Bob.

--------------

Edit: I notice that you multi-selected parts of my post, which speaks to the point there. We do want to be able to do this too. Of course, we could just selectively edit after selecting too.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 28, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts