NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2,131 posts (3,879 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 254 posts (490 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 225 posts (382 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 99 posts (109 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,159,253 views
    2. thumb_up 6,291 thanks given
    3. group 164 followers
    1. forum 3,851 posts
    2. attach_file 549 attachments

Search this Thread

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,537

SMCJB View Post
If you look at this post here
the website has reformatted all the columns so the numbers are barely readable. This is nothing new and happens all the time.

BUT...

The email I received notifying me that a new post has been made, shows the post with everything in line correctly. I always assume the website was removing the tabs, but if the email is correct, isn't there a way to the site correct as well?

Try wrapping it in noparse bbcode, or in code bbcode.

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,375
Thanks Received: 10,192

Wasn't my post, but if it had been I would have used code tags.
i was just surprised that the email came through formatted correctly

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

I've recently noticed that typing a post becomes exponentially slower as the amount of text increases. This never used to be the case and it doesn't take more than 15 or so lines before it becomes quite painful and it's easier to write in Notepad/Wordpad first instead, which is a shame.

Any recent changes to the inline spellchecker or similar?

[Browser is latest Chrome, plenty fast machine, don't think it's browser or machine specific but can't verify as yet.]

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,562

ratfink View Post
I've recently noticed that typing a post becomes exponentially slower as the amount of text increases. This never used to be the case and it doesn't take more than 15 or so lines before it becomes quite painful and it's easier to write in Notepad/Wordpad first instead, which is a shame.

[Browser is latest Chrome, plenty fast machine, don't think it's browser or machine specific but can't verify as yet.]

Looks like fio needs to check first facebook, google et al before it starts with the core task(s).
Sometimes very annoying - why do I need all that ghost pickers?

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

ratfink View Post

I have been known to type fairly long posts (yes, really ). I have not noticed this effect at all.

I am on the latest Chrome, with a plenty slow machine. No issue.

Bob.

Thanked by:

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

bobwest View Post
I have been known to type fairly long posts (yes, really ). I have not noticed this effect at all.

I am on the latest Chrome, with a plenty slow machine. No issue.

Bob.

Interesting, maybe. I only have an issue with FIO, nothing else.

Travel Well

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Thanks for the heads-up Bob, and apologies to FIO for casting astersions, I just found the bugger - a McAfee Web Advisor extension that I no longer subscribe to but had not been fully uninstalled so was running in 'free' mode, which seems to mean 'sod you'.

Travel Well
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Hi guys,

I am testing a new search engine backend, built on machine learning. I've put the new search engine in "live test" mode, so the search button on the navbar has been redirected to the new backend.

The posts on the site are still being indexed and may not be completely finished for another few hours.

You can revert to the old search engine backend by using the 'advanced search' link.

I would appreciate it if you guys could please comment on the new search engine. Let me know what you think. Is it working better? Are the results more accurate?

You can also filter in a number of ways -- by forum, by user, and you can sort by date or relevance.

Mike

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,291

Big Mike View Post
Hi guys,

I am testing a new search engine backend, built on machine learning. I've put the new search engine in "live test" mode, so the search button on the navbar has been redirected to the new backend.

The posts on the site are still being indexed and may not be completely finished for another few hours.

You can revert to the old search engine backend by using the 'advanced search' link.

I would appreciate it if you guys could please comment on the new search engine. Let me know what you think. Is it working better? Are the results more accurate?

You can also filter in a number of ways -- by forum, by user, and you can sort by date or relevance.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I will give you my initial impressions, based on things that I don't seem able to do quickly anymore. To be able to weigh these against any benefits of the new system I guess I'll need to look for something specific as and when I need it.

I don't know if it's just me: with this new search engine some functionality seems to have disappeared, i.e. I can no longer quickly search the threads by keyword like before, i.e. I used to be able to key in a word in the search box and immediately the engine would return all the relevant threads with the keyword in the title as a preview (meaning, you would get the results in a small window under the search box). Example: "scalp" and I would see all the threads such as "The Scalper Journey" and other threads with "scalp" in it as a preview.

If I found what I needed I could then quickly jump to the latest post by clicking on the latest post icon in the preview. Now I have to open the thread first and I get the very first page, and then jump to the last page.

If I wanted to jump straight to the Advanced Search, all I had to do was simply click on the search box and I would get the option to do that. Now I have to actually type something in the box first, then get the result and then click on Advanced Search.

If I was searching for a keyword or a set of keyword before, the links returned by the search would show me the keyword results in red. This is an immense help, especially when the posts that contain the keyword are very long. I can't seem to see that anymore.

It does not seem that I can simply search a user anymore. Before, if I wanted to look up 'Big Mike', I could click on the search box and I would get the options "search for a user", "advanced search". Now if I type 'Big Mike' I just get all the results where 'Big Mike' is mentioned but I don't actually get the option to look up the user. If I want to do that, now I have to search for something else first, then click on "Advanced Search", clear the "Search by keyword" box first and then put the username I want in the "Search by username".

Again, this is a first impression of things that seem to have disappeared. I tried with two different browsers and I got the same results.

I pointed these out as to me they are fairly significant in terms of how many clicks are needed to perform the same task. It seems - as it stands - that you need more clicks to achieve the same function. If I am researching something on the forum I tend to value speed and usability. It seems to me that more clicks to achieve the same result takes away from that speed and usability.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

@xplorer thanks for the feedback. To address a couple things:

1) You can search by username by clicking the 'User' drop down.

2) You can limit results by forum(s) by clicking the 'Forum' drop down.

3) You can limit results by date/time by clicking 'Time' drop down.

4) You can sort by relevance or by date.

5) You can access advanced search by clicking 'advanced search' from the main search page.

6) You can search by title by including 'title:' in search, like 'title:better renko'. This is undocumented it seems but works.

You are an advanced user, and I know that searching by title quickly is helpful for people like you and me that have memorized many of the thread titles. But for the average user, they don't search that way, and the old search made it difficult to find useful material.

Mike

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 27, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts