NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2,131 posts (3,879 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 254 posts (490 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 225 posts (382 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 99 posts (109 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,159,129 views
    2. thumb_up 6,291 thanks given
    3. group 164 followers
    1. forum 3,851 posts
    2. attach_file 549 attachments

Search this Thread

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,375
Thanks Received: 10,192

bobwest View Post
I think the idea was to keep all the indicators reserved for Elite, none for public.

That sounds logical, but if that's the case, move the downloads section to a subforum of the Elite Circle.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,058

Big Mike View Post
Oops, also forgot to mention that for left-side of posts -- when it's a vendor or a sponsor, I've eliminated the display of user profile fields such as location, platform, favorite futures to trade, trading experience level, etc.

I felt it was not relevant to a vendor/sponsor for the most part, and is better to clean up the display by removing that information.

Does anyone have feedback on whether or not the same info should be removed from my own profile as well as other moderators?

Here is an example of a before/after for my own account to highlight the removal for your consideration:

Mike

If you remove that informationit feels like youre distancing yourself. I reckon you should leave yours and the other mods information. Keeps you one of us.

I also agree with MinP regarding the chat box. If that could be promoted somehow I think it would be quite popular.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

Big Mike View Post
Oops, also forgot to mention that for left-side of posts -- when it's a vendor or a sponsor, I've eliminated the display of user profile fields such as location, platform, favorite futures to trade, trading experience level, etc.

I felt it was not relevant to a vendor/sponsor for the most part, and is better to clean up the display by removing that information.

Does anyone have feedback on whether or not the same info should be removed from my own profile as well as other moderators?

Here is an example of a before/after for my own account to highlight the removal for your consideration:

Mike

Grantx View Post
If you remove that informationit feels like youre distancing yourself. I reckon you should leave yours and the other mods information. Keeps you one of us.

I was going to say, take it off, but then after reading @Grantx's post, I agree with him: keep it on.

But there is some reasoning for the "take it off" position, and here it is: When you were actively trading and posting your trades, you literally were one of us (I know, you still are, but stay with me ) -- when you messed up a trade, you had to say so, when you had issues, you talked about them, when you traded well, we read the chart and said "hooray!"

Now you are an administrator only (as far as this site goes, at least), and that's how most members know you. Much the same could be said of Terry, who may still trade but doesn't post his trades, and @xplorer, who never posted trades that I recall, and Sam, who didn't either.

So, bottom line, if you're going to emphasize that "I trade," then leave all that stuff on, if you want to emphasize that "I administer the site (or moderate or whatever)", then take it off.

But, as @Grantx said, leaving it in does say that you trade or are a part of trading and know what it is to be a trader, as we do. So I recommend keeping it. You're not a guy who only does a web page, whether that's your main focus with the site right now or not.

Bob.

Botts 
Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader-8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage, Continuum
Trading: ZB, MES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 4,019
Thanks Received: 3,605

bobwest View Post
I was going to say, take it off, but then after reading @Grantx's post, I agree with him: keep it on.

But there is some reasoning for the "take it off" position, and here it is: When you were actively trading and posting your trades, you literally were one of us (I know, you still are, but stay with me ) -- when you messed up a trade, you had to say so, when you had issues, you talked about them, when you traded well, we read the chart and said "hooray!"

Now you are an administrator only (as far as this site goes, at least), and that's how most members know you. Much the same could be said of Terry, who may still trade but doesn't post his trades, and @xplorer, who never posted trades that I recall, and Sam, who didn't either.

So, bottom line, if you're going to emphasize that "I trade," then leave all that stuff on, if you want to emphasize that "I administer the site (or moderate or whatever)", then take it off.

But, as @Grantx said, leaving it in does say that you trade or are a part of trading and know what it is to be a trader, as we do. So I recommend keeping it. You're not a guy who only does a web page, whether that's your main focus with the site right now or not.

Bob.

Have you ever considered running for office @bobwest?

Just sayin...

R.I.P. John Bottomley (Botts), 1956-2022.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,535

With the help of a nice Elite Member who was having trouble receiving emails to their Yahoo account, I was able to identify a edge case in our unsubscribe/resubscribe code, and fix it.

I am going to see if I can notify any users who were affected by this edge case so they can click a link to correct it --- what was happening is that FIO was sending emails, but our mail service (mandrill) had this person on the reject blacklist because they previously marked us as spam, initiating an automatic 365 day "ban" on receiving any new emails.

Now that this has been identified as a weak spot in the code, I've fixed it so it won't happen again. A re-subscription (the link is sent automatically to anyone who has a bounced/rejected email) will now automatically remove the blacklist entry on Mandrill's side going forward.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Big Mike View Post
Now second, to try to address the case of @ Rrrracer, it's a bit more difficult because I still want him to be recognized for his contributions as a Legendary member.

LOL no worries man, I fixed it on my end haha

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

TopGunNote View Post
Have you ever considered running for office @bobwest?

Just sayin...

No. At some point when talking to people in person I sometimes say things like "F--- you if you don't like it."

Being able to see both sides or points of view doesn't mean not having one.

Bob.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Big Mike View Post
With the help of a nice Elite Member who was having trouble receiving emails to their Yahoo account, I was able to identify a edge case in our unsubscribe/resubscribe code, and fix it.

I am going to see if I can notify any users who were affected by this edge case so they can click a link to correct it --- what was happening is that FIO was sending emails, but our mail service (mandrill) had this person on the reject blacklist because they previously marked us as spam, initiating an automatic 365 day "ban" on receiving any new emails.

Now that this has been identified as a weak spot in the code, I've fixed it so it won't happen again. A re-subscription (the link is sent automatically to anyone who has a bounced/rejected email) will now automatically remove the blacklist entry on Mandrill's side going forward.

Mike

Alright, did what I could without spending forever -- identified the 741 users who this may have affected, and notified them via a private message:

Quoting 
Hi,

If you received this private message to your email inbox (Yahoo, Gmail, etc) then no further action is needed. However, if you did NOT receive an email copy of the message -- but instead only received it when logged in to futures io -- please continue reading.

First, sorry for the trouble. Recently we drastically improved our system for notifying members whenever there was a problem with their email address. It has largely been successful, most members hadn't realized there was an issue prior to us notifying them -- which is now an automatic process.

However, we've identified an edge case scenario where under the right set of circumstances, a member would "resubscribe" or "re-enable" the receipt of emails from us --- but still continue to NOT receive them.

This has been resolved now on our side, however the final solution requires you to take action. Please locate the last email in your Private Message Inbox (the message title will be "Your email service rejected our message") and then open that message, and click the "Resubscribe" or "Re-enable" receipt of emails link.

This is a necessary step if even you've done this before, if you continued to not receive our emails. I can't automate it for you, sorry -- you'll have to click the "resubscribe" link yourself from that prior.

For those interested in the complete details, you can see my post here:

Thank you,
Mike

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Testing screencast

Mike

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

@wldman and others reporting the broken screencast problem, please try again now.

Mike

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 27, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts