trendfriendpa 
philadelphia USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, Webull, Ninja 8
Broker: TD Ameritrade
Trading: options, ES/NQ futures, stocks
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 53

I have a Ninja Trader code for the jt Range Marker and would like to have this coded for Sierra Chart.

First is this possible?
Second is there anyone on the forum that can do this?

Let me know.

Thanks

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
33 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
 Sawtooth 
Prescott AZ USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: SierraChart
Broker: Stage5, FCM:Dorman, Data:Denali, Routing:Teton
Trading: YM ES NQ
Thanks Given: 219
Thanks Received: 603

trendfriendpa View Post
I have a Ninja Trader code for the jt Range Marker and would like to have this coded for Sierra Chart.

First is this possible?
Second is there anyone on the forum that can do this?

Let me know.

Thanks

Try using the Range Bar Predictor study in SC.

Thanked by:
 trendfriendpa 
philadelphia USA

I am using it as it was brought to my attention. It predicts as much as 4 ticks more than the tick range I use. On a higher tick chart the range can be as many as 7-8 ticks. Looking for range to measure as the tick is forming then the box cannot be more then the maximum size of the range (similiar the tick number of trades per bar or tick new bar when range met)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sawtooth 
Prescott AZ USA

Sierra's Range Bar Predictor study will show the potential price high and low of the range bar as the range bar is being built. I believe this is also what the jtRangeMarker does.

For example, when a 4-tick range bar opens and price has not moved from the open price, the potential high is 4 ticks up, and the potential low is 4 ticks down. As price fluctuates within this initial 8 tick potential range, the markers move in closer. When the price movement has equaled the 4 tick range, the markers will be at the high and low of the bar, 4 ticks apart.

If the jtRangeMarker does not do this, please explain what it does. It would be possible to create it using the Spreadsheet Study study.

trendfriendpa 
philadelphia USA

Tom,

First, thank you for responding to this post as well as my post in Sierra charts regarding creating a .wav file.

The jt RangeMaker sets the range to a hard 8 tick box which does not fluctuate - I have the files which may have been modified from the original NT study for the specific strategy being taught in this class. If you have NT platform and are able to open the files to review arrangements can be made to forwarded to you.

Let me know.

Sawtooth 
Prescott AZ USA

If the goal of the jtRangeMarker is to show the potential high and low of a forming 8 tick range bar, I don't understand how the box could be a static 8 ticks tall. The initial potential high and low would be 16 ticks apart, and would shrink to 8 ticks as the bar formation completed.

I haven't used NT for a while, but I still have a sim license key for v6.5.

trendfriendpa 
philadelphia USA

Tom - was watching NT and Sierra side-by-side - and the Sierra range bar predictor behalves the same as NT -- would be nice to have an addition that tells you how big the wicks are - stategy has rule about tick wick no being bigger than a specific number to identify the formation as a qualify entry.

Notice the W-# beside the candle forming on the shhot

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-55 am.png
Views:	244
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	97619  
 Sawtooth 
Prescott AZ USA

trendfriendpa View Post
Tom - was watching NT and Sierra side-by-side - and the Sierra range bar predictor behalves the same as NT -- would be nice to have an addition that tells you how big the wicks are - stategy has rule about tick wick no being bigger than a specific number to identify the formation as a qualify entry.

Notice the W-# beside the candle forming on the shhot

Even though the wick length can be calculated, it unfortunately cannot be displayed beside the bar as in the pic.

It could be displayed in a static place anywhere on the chart using the Text (Large) Display for Study study.

An alert could also sound when a certain length is reached.

The value of the box high and low can be displayed to the side of the box, or in the values scale, but not under/over the box, as in the pic.

trendfriendpa 
philadelphia USA

Can you tell me how to create a box at a specific location on the chart that can display the wick sizes? The box will same at the same position by the wick information will change as the candle forms.

The audio alert information was great!! Have created alerts for my MACD crossovers and the clear swing line color change.
I do notice with the swing line - the alert will trigger and the color won't change for maybe a bar or two and sometimes the color never does change. Any adjusts that can be made so it can only alert when the visual color changes?

I have attached two sshots a few minutes apart - the alert for the color changed occur on the earlier sshot; notice the later sshot the line color had still not changed.

Sawtooth 
Prescott AZ USA

trendfriendpa View Post
Can you tell me how to create a box at a specific location on the chart that can display the wick sizes? The box will same at the same position by the wick information will change as the candle forms.

The audio alert information was great!! Have created alerts for my MACD crossovers and the clear swing line color change.
I do notice with the swing line - the alert will trigger and the color won't change for maybe a bar or two and sometimes the color never does change. Any adjusts that can be made so it can only alert when the visual color changes?

I have attached two sshots a few minutes apart - the alert for the color changed occur on the earlier sshot; notice the later sshot the line color had still not changed.

I answered your Swing Line alert issue here:
https://www.sierrachart.com/supportboard/showthread.php?p=229747

To display the range bar wick lengths, I created a spreadsheet study to do the calculations, and then you'll use two instances of the the Text (Large) Display for Study study.

1) Put the contents of the attached zip file in your Sierra Chart \Data folder, click on Analysis >> Range Bar Wicks- , and chose No when asked 'Clear existing studies on chart?'.
This will apply the correct spreadsheet study with the correct settings.
This is a standalone spreadsheet study that needs no other studies to make its calculations.

2) Add the Text (Large) Display for Study study.
-set the Study and Subgraph to Display to the Range Bar Wicks study, and SG5 (upper wick)
-set the horizontal and vertical position
-set the font size on the Subgraphs tab
-you can set this to display in the locked fill space, and you can add a prefix title

3) Repeat #2 for for the lower wick (SG6).

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Range Bar Wicks.zip
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 22, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts