NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Shark Indicators (www.sharkindicators.com) / Shark Bloodhound

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 15 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two PilotTrader with 8 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 gdstuart with 8 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 crossover with 7 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jeremytang with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PilotTrader with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gdstuart with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 99,277 views
    2. thumb_up 186 thanks given
    3. group 909 followers
    1. forum 163 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Shark Indicators (www.sharkindicators.com) / Shark Bloodhound

asurania 
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

ralett View Post
HI. I am considering purchasing Bloodhound and Blackbird. I'm curious about their responsiveness to technical support questions.

I sent an inquiry to them using their technical support link. It was sent on Friday, Feb 21 and so far I have gotten no response.

I am not impressed by the lack of response given their product costs 2x what I paid for my Ninja Trader lifetime license.

Anyone have any experience actually getting technical support to respond?

Thanks

There support is excellent. I had emailed them some questions about the product, and they went above and beyond to answer it, and get me the answers i need.

I just waiting for a sale to actually buy the product (bloodhound) where they include the advance strategy pack for free or something...

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
 Bionan 
Palm Harbor, Florida/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, SharkIndicat
Broker: Interactive Brokers, NinjaTrader Brokerage, TD Ameritrade
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 98

ralett View Post
HI. I am considering purchasing Bloodhound and Blackbird. I'm curious about their responsiveness to technical support questions.

I sent an inquiry to them using their technical support link. It was sent on Friday, Feb 21 and so far I have gotten no response.

I am not impressed by the lack of response given their product costs 2x what I paid for my Ninja Trader lifetime license.

Anyone have any experience actually getting technical support to respond?

Thanks

I am a user of Bloodhound and BlackBird since the end of December, and their Backtest Renko bars for a few weeks. I have sent many emails to [email protected]. Mike is the one who usually answers, but keep in mind they are in Mountain time zone, and some of the replies come later than you might expect.

All my many questions have been answered. Also, on Thursdays they have live BloodHound webinars in which you can ask questions, and on Friday they have live BlackBird webinars. Zac runs these, and will even show you how to design strategies, especially if you email in advance.

There is a learning curve, but I have been able to build any strategy I can dream up, and right now I am in the process of creating SiBacktest Renko bar price action strategies.

I would buy the software again if I had to do it over.

Rick

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 asurania 
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 0

Bionan View Post
I am a user of Bloodhound and BlackBird since the end of December, and their Backtest Renko bars for a few weeks. I have sent many emails to [email protected]. Mike is the one who usually answers, but keep in mind they are in Mountain time zone, and some of the replies come later than you might expect.

All my many questions have been answered. Also, on Thursdays they have live BloodHound webinars in which you can ask questions, and on Friday they have live BlackBird webinars. Zac runs these, and will even show you how to design strategies, especially if you email in advance.

There is a learning curve, but I have been able to build any strategy I can dream up, and right now I am in the process of creating SiBacktest Renko bar price action strategies.

I would buy the software again if I had to do it over.

Rick

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Do you need the backrest renkobar if you do backtest using market replay ?

SiKeith 
Boise, Idaho, USA

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: N/A
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 6

asurania View Post

Market Replay behaves much like live data, and doesn't suffer from the same limitations as Ninja's standard backtest behavior. So in that sense, no you wouldn't need the BacktestRenko bars. They're still popular for live trading because they give more control over their behavior than some other hybrid renko bars do.

Hope this helps.

Thanked by:
 Bionan 
Palm Harbor, Florida/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, SharkIndicat
Broker: Interactive Brokers, NinjaTrader Brokerage, TD Ameritrade
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 98

asurania View Post

I agree with what Keith said. I do like the SiBackTest Renko bars partly because I can backtest them. They can be drawn with backtest mode either on or off. When backtest mode is on, they look a lot like fairly ugly candlestick bars, but you can see where the actual open, highs, and lows of the bars occurred. This allows you to see what is actually going on behind the Renko.

However, one of the things I like most about them is that, with backtest mode turned off, the bars are highly configurable. I can not only define the brick size, but also the size of the reversal bricks and the number of ticks between each trend bar's high. Some bricks are drawn with only one tick from the high of the prior trend brick to the high of the next trend brick.

I personally don't like that brick appearance. For 4 tick Renko's for example, I like to use a 4 tick brick size, 4 ticks between the highs of each trend bar (making them appear uniform in size), and an 8 tick reversal. That way they look very much like the NinjaTrader Renko bar, but with tails to help define support and resistance. I also find that with these settings the bricks look similar with the backtest mode on or off, but even with the similar appearance, the backtest bars backtest accurately, while they do not test accurately if the backtest mode is turned off.

Market replay is different from backtesting. The reason traditional Renko bars cannot be backtested is that NinjaTrader assumes that the purchase price is at the open of the bar. But with Renko bars, all the bars appear to open at the the price indicated by the open of the bar as it is printed on the page. These are fake bars, and the actual open of the bar is usually someplace other than the printed open of the bar. The replay connection replays the actual open, high. low, and close of the bar, so you get filled at the actual open of the bar, not the printed open. On backtests, the fill is assumed to be at the printed open, like the open of a candlestick bar, rather than the actual real time open. Over the span of a backtest, even for a day's data for 4 tick Renkos, the results for standard Renkos are significantly better than what you would actually experience if real time. I did not fully appreciate this until I began using the SiBacktest Renkos.

-Rick

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

Announcing the Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread for @SharkIndicators:

In addition, Shark has made available the following Elite Offers:

You can receive these offers at the link below:
https://nexusfi.com/elite_partner.php?offerid_18=1&offerid_19=1

You can find all offers here:
https://nexusfi.com/elite_membership/

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

It is my pleasure to welcome Jeremy Tang @ SharkIndicators for our 382nd webinar event, on Tuesday, April 28th @ 4:30 PM Eastern US.

The title for the event is "Lessons from a Veteran NinjaScript Developer", and bullet points include:

- Watch master developer Jeremy Tang code a NinjaScript indicator from scratch
- Tips and tricks on how to structure your indicator and make it organized and customizable
- How to develop your trading system using an alternative that requires no coding
- In depth Q&A, bring all your questions!

Register for the event:
https://on.nexusfi.com/b0mgl

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 archieoi 
LOS ANGELES

Platform: NinjaTrader, ThinkOrSwim
Trading: Futures, Stocks
Thanks Given: 1

Missed this due to work, will it be archived?

IFeelLikeNeo   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 38

Yeah, there was a link I think in the original email. Also I think they mentioned it'll go onto their Youtube channel.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 wstreeter 
Las Vegas, NV

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader/Phillip Capital, ThinkOrSwim
Trading: Equity Futures
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 0

I just went to their YouTube channel ([yt]https://www.youtube.com/user/sharkindicators/videos/[/yt]) and didn't see this class, which I wasn't able to attend.

Does anyone have a link to their class replay either on their site or on futures.io?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on September 24, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts