NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Shark Indicators (www.sharkindicators.com) / Shark Bloodhound

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 15 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two PilotTrader with 8 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 gdstuart with 8 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 crossover with 7 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jeremytang with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PilotTrader with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gdstuart with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 99,510 views
    2. thumb_up 186 thanks given
    3. group 909 followers
    1. forum 163 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Shark Indicators (www.sharkindicators.com) / Shark Bloodhound

code
berlin germany

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 6

OpalDragon View Post
BLOODHOUND AND BLACKBIRD are BOTH Awesome and I used them DAILY.

I underestimated them and how much they would help me ---> but after I used them --- now I can't really trade without the Bloodhound giving me the alerts that I want and it highlighting some things for me!

I use it for both trade entry alerts and for another thing >>> highlighting some things from an indicator and it has massively improved my trading. And I feel like I am only tapping into the surface of what Bloodhound can do.

It really really is fantastic. Expensive... but freaking fantastic. And it is the CORRECT Price for what you get really -- if I will be honest.

when will NJ8 version come out? it was supposed to become available last x'mas but nothing happens. Any beta user here? How to become a beta tester? or... there is no NJ8 version at all?!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

bopwillie 
Nashville Tennessee/United States

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: CL, ES, NQ, GC
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 55

code View Post
when will NJ8 version come out? it was supposed to become available last x'mas but nothing happens. Any beta user here? How to become a beta tester? or... there is no NJ8 version at all?!

I found Blood Hound e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y difficult to use. Unless you have programing experience, I would not recommend the product. Even then, there is something called learning curve and time spent on BH. Wonder if Jeremy even trades with the BH signals . . . . hmmmm. Futures io members, does Jeremy have a live trading room now to prove the value of BH???

Big Mike, thanks for a forum where people can honestly speak their minds. I enjoy all comments.

Thanked by:
 planetmoto 
freasno, ca usa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 85

bopwillie View Post
I found Blood Hound e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y difficult to use. Unless you have programing experience, I would not recommend the product. Even then, there is something called learning curve and time spent on BH. Wonder if Jeremy even trades with the BH signals . . . . hmmmm. Futures io members, does Jeremy have a live trading room now to prove the value of BH???

Big Mike, thanks for a forum where people can honestly speak their minds. I enjoy all comments.

I have Bloodhound and was an early adopter been using it since 2013, I think on paper it's an excellent product however most people I have come across have not made much headway developing consistent trading system templates with it. Part of the problem is the lack of accurate back testing capabilities, and now they push a separate program called blackbird for trade management. I personally have some decent templates but don't really need to use it for my trading. There is a platform I can recommend if you want systems and strategies that are backtested, optimized and have filters you can customize and you don't have to code any of it, and no I do not receive any compensation and do not work for them and they do not do much advertising.

Sent using the https://nexusfi.com/NexusFi mobile app

longshot99 
uk

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: tradestation
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 4

planetmoto View Post
I have Bloodhound and was an early adopter been using it since 2013, I think on paper it's an excellent product however most people I have come across have not made much headway developing consistent trading system templates with it. Part of the problem is the lack of accurate back testing capabilities, and now they push a separate program called blackbird for trade management. I personally have some decent templates but don't really need to use it for my trading. There is a platform I can recommend if you want systems and strategies that are backtested, optimized and have filters you can customize and you don't have to code any of it, and no I do not receive any compensation and do not work for them and they do not do much advertising.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Hi,

I was wondering what is the platform that you would recommend for developing systems and strategies?

Thanks

jeremytang  SharkIndicators is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: SharkIndicators
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: SharkIndicators Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 53

bopwillie View Post

Hi Bopwille, thanks for your feedback. A common misconception about our product is that it is like other products in our industry where you are buying into an existing trading system, and it's credibility is based on how much that system will make money for you.

Our products are not trading systems. The best analogy for our product is Adobe Photoshop.

Much like the talented engineers who build Photoshop aren't necessarily artists, I am not a trader nor do I claim to be. We have no trade room, but instead a product workshop where we show you how to use our software, not trade.

In short, I am a software engineer not a trader. I focus my time effort on building the best possible tools in the industry. Our products are like blank canvases where you use your trading skills and knowledge to create your own trading systems, just as an artist would create imagery in Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop is the best tool in its industry not because they have talented artists building it, but because the best software engineers are building it. The same anology applies to other industries - the best car manufacturers use the best engineers and designers to create cars (not the best race car drivers).

Thanked by:

jeremytang  SharkIndicators is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: SharkIndicators
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: SharkIndicators Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 53

code View Post

Thanks for the interest, i have been working pretty hard on the NT8 version, but sometimes as software development goes there are unforseen hurdles. As they say in my line of work, sometimes the last 10% takes 90% of the time. We are right now internally testing an Alpha version and will be looking to release a public beta soon! Thanks for your patience and sorry about the delay.

code
berlin germany

jeremytang View Post
Thanks for the interest, i have been working pretty hard on the NT8 version, but sometimes as software development goes there are unforseen hurdles. As they say in my line of work, sometimes the last 10% takes 90% of the time. We are right now internally testing an Alpha version and will be looking to release a public beta soon! Thanks for your patience and sorry about the delay.

thanks a lot Jeremy for your feedback! extremely glad that you are more on software development than trading. This is why I love SI and its products. Trading indeed is very much a personal thing and it depends on one's personality & background. Both cannot not be implemented in a generic template.
Please keep up with your work and I look forward to the release of the NT8 version. I prefer to see a slimmed down version on NT8 sooner than waiting too long for a full-feature port. Please please hurry up.

code
berlin germany

bopwillie View Post

with all due respect, it sounds like you don't even understand what BH is. Value of BH doesn't need a trading room to prove. They are totally irrelevant from my point of view...

PilotTrader 
New Brunswick NJ/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, NT8
Trading: NQ, CL, GC, NG, HG
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 355

Hi folks,

Just wanted to chime in on Sharkindicator's Bloodhound and Blackbird trading development tools here briefly.

Over the past 6 months, I have been working extensively on a trading strategy using Bloodhound, with notable success. However, I also bit the bullet and purchased Blackbird just a month or so ago. That move was a definite game changer for me and the strategy I am working on. I did not believe it at first that money management could make such a significant difference to the profitability of a strategy but I am now convinced that should be an essential part of any strategy.

So, as it is clear by now, I strongly believe that both BH and BB products are great tools for developing trading strategies. No coding required but creatively and persistence definitely helps!

Just my 2 cents.

Blue skies,
PilotTrader

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 lone 
boston, MA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: emini
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 65

interesting, can you share an example of how Blackbird is helping u?

Last Updated on September 24, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts