NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Shark Indicators (www.sharkindicators.com) / Shark Bloodhound

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 15 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two PilotTrader with 8 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 gdstuart with 8 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 crossover with 7 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jeremytang with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PilotTrader with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gdstuart with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 99,510 views
    2. thumb_up 186 thanks given
    3. group 909 followers
    1. forum 163 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Shark Indicators (www.sharkindicators.com) / Shark Bloodhound

Riverend 
Westlake, Oh

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 1,519
Thanks Received: 220

It almost sounds like you didn't save the template. If you saw it there once it sounds like BH did it's job.
Can you load one additional time frame at a time save the template, close it see if it reopens with it's new name?
If all else fails contact BH support.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
77 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
37 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

PilotTrader 
New Brunswick NJ/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, NT8
Trading: NQ, CL, GC, NG, HG
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 355

I have developed a few BloodHound strategies that I would like to distribute and license to others. I will be purchasing from SharkIndicators their 'Partner Edition' in order for me to distribute locked and protected BloodHound strategies/templates via exporting these as 'Black-Box' templates where the solvers are not visible or modifiable.

However, the folks at SharkIndicators recommended I might obtain a 'License Indicator' so I can also control usage of these Bloodhound Black-Box templates/strategies. Primarily I am told that I simply need to add a 'License Indicator' to the BloodHound template as a solver in order to accomplish this.

Anybody here familiar with this concept of a 'License Indicator'? Any and all suggestions/recommendations would be much appreciated!

Best regards,
PilotTrader

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

gdstuart 
Hammonton NJ

Broker: NT Continuum
Trading: Indexes (Indices?)
Thanks Given: 164
Thanks Received: 71

PilotTrader View Post
I have developed a few BloodHound strategies that I would like to distribute and license to others. I will be purchasing from SharkIndicators their 'Partner Edition' in order for me to distribute locked and protected BloodHound strategies/templates via exporting these as 'Black-Box' templates where the solvers are not visible or modifiable.

However, the folks at SharkIndicators recommended I might obtain a 'License Indicator' so I can also control usage of these Bloodhound Black-Box templates/strategies. Primarily I am told that I simply need to add a 'License Indicator' to the BloodHound template as a solver in order to accomplish this.

Anybody here familiar with this concept of a 'License Indicator'? Any and all suggestions/recommendations would be much appreciated!

Best regards,
PilotTrader

I can't help you with the License Indicator but I would think that Jeremy, Zac, or Mike could help you with that.

Also, I'd be interested in your BH templates. Please PM me. BTW, I live "right down the road" in Hammonton.

Geoff

PilotTrader 
New Brunswick NJ/USA

Platform: NT7, NT8
Trading: NQ, CL, GC, NG, HG
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 355

gdstuart View Post
I can't help you with the License Indicator but I would think that Jeremy, Zac, or Mike could help you with that.

Also, I'd be interested in your BH templates. Please PM me. BTW, I live "right down the road" in Hammonton.

Geoff

Hi 'neighbor',

Ya, I had conference call with Mike yesterday and he suggested I seek NT support for further assistance on this. Will now schedule call with NT today to see what is required.

I posted a few queries here on the Futures.io forums to see if anybody had traveled this road before and hopefully get feedback.

Regards,

jeffman 
Las Vegas NV

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader with CQG
Thanks Given: 60
Thanks Received: 117

Hi everyone.

I just thought i would post a mini review. I have had a Bloodhound for a few years now. I have to say, i have saved a lot of money by using Bloodhound to code many strategies. So far, I don’t know if any of them will eventually be used in live trading. But, the point is, I have saved so much money and time by using Bloodhound to code myself, versus paying a NT strategy coder.

I don’t believe there has been any circumstances that i wanted to code that was outside bloodhounds capabilities.

Their support is also great.

iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

I like bloodhound too. The thing I detest is that I want to be on their product mailing list but keep getting spam on third party products.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

Thanked by:

gdstuart 
Hammonton NJ

iq200 View Post
I like bloodhound too. The thing I detest is that I want to be on their product mailing list but keep getting spam on third party products.

SPAM hasn't been an issue for me, unless you mean the sponsored videos they run. Like NinjaTrader, they don't vet their partners so most of the people parading up there with their webinars are a waste of time (JTIA, Remek, etc....be very careful). The minimal SPAM I receive due to this affiliation is more than made up for by the occasional knowledgeable vendor that slips through. I just unsubscribe...easy in Gmail but you have an iphone so I can't speak to that. My wife is always swearing at her Government-issued iphone 6s so I can just imagine the daily horrors that iphone users are subjected to.

BTW, do you license Bloodhound or are you just kicking the tires? I'm always up for communicating with other BH and Blackbird users so feel free to PM me if you want to dialog. I've been using both products for a year or so and am going live $$$ in January. Also planning to do a video journal here next time Big Mike does the invitation so people can see how it all fits together. But I see I'm mounting the high horse so I'll stop pontificating.

Happy Holidays!

Geoff
(confirmed Android junkie)

Thanked by:

iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

gdstuart View Post
SPAM hasn't been an issue for me, unless you mean the sponsored videos they run. Like NinjaTrader, they don't vet their partners so most of the people parading up there with their webinars are a waste of time (JTIA, Remek, etc....be very careful). The minimal SPAM I receive due to this affiliation is more than made up for by the occasional knowledgeable vendor that slips through. I just unsubscribe...easy in Gmail but you have an iphone so I can't speak to that. My wife is always swearing at her Government-issued iphone 6s so I can just imagine the daily horrors that iphone users are subjected to.

BTW, do you license Bloodhound or are you just kicking the tires? I'm always up for communicating with other BH and Blackbird users so feel free to PM me if you want to dialog. I've been using both products for a year or so and am going live $$$ in January. Also planning to do a video journal here next time Big Mike does the invitation so people can see how it all fits together. But I see I'm mounting the high horse so I'll stop pontificating.

Happy Holidays!

Geoff

(confirmed Android junkie)

Yes I was actually referring to the third party spammers you mentioned

I do actually have a full unlimited forever licensed BH. However I haven’t used it in a while as i am working on a multithreaded backtesting, walkforward genetic optimiser in c#. The rest of my time is being taken up by developing some equities day trading strategies - going live any day...

OpalDragon 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: 6E, CL, Anything that moves
Thanks Given: 733
Thanks Received: 232

BLOODHOUND AND BLACKBIRD are BOTH Awesome and I used them DAILY.

I underestimated them and how much they would help me ---> but after I used them --- now I can't really trade without the Bloodhound giving me the alerts that I want and it highlighting some things for me!

I use it for both trade entry alerts and for another thing >>> highlighting some things from an indicator and it has massively improved my trading. And I feel like I am only tapping into the surface of what Bloodhound can do.

It really really is fantastic. Expensive... but freaking fantastic. And it is the CORRECT Price for what you get really -- if I will be honest.

gdstuart 
Hammonton NJ

OpalDragon View Post
BLOODHOUND AND BLACKBIRD are BOTH Awesome and I used them DAILY.

It really really is fantastic. Expensive... but freaking fantastic. And it is the CORRECT Price for what you get really -- if I will be honest.

Expensive if you just log on their site and buy it. Wait for one of the partner webinars, like Lizard Traders (Harry's firm) and you'll see great discounts. Shark also has year-end deals that are probably over by now but it's fairly easy to not pay list price for these. I find the Si Renko bars are also very good. A bit buggy sometimes, but very flexible if you're into Renko bars.

Geoff

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 24, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts