NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Recommedation - Micro Futures vs Micro Forex

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Xav1029 with 7 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two V i m with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 torroray with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Xav1029 with 1.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobarian with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Lawrencejude with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 torroray with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 8,833 views
    2. thumb_up 13 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 15 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Recommedation - Micro Futures vs Micro Forex

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

Hey Xav, glad to see you movin along.I follow the cl, but trade the QM.Its about 1/2 the $ of the cl contract, and much less liquidity.But, it works for me,as it works for you!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

torroray 
Malaysia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Multichart DT
Broker: MB Trading
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 61

Quoting 
I have no faith in an unregulated market

I lost faith when they split my mini lot order.

I am in a transition looking at futures.

Every experience counts so I can avoid the obstacle.

Thanked by:

V i m 
Northern Indiana, USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: M6E, 6E
Thanks Given: 87
Thanks Received: 65

I decided to give the M6E a shot, but charting the 6E like Xav recommended. Considering I am still at a pretty early stage in my "trading", it's not like I have much to lose other than time. Getting used to the platform and some screen time with the 6e price action will be the lions share of my use for it in the near future. At most I'll be doing light sim trading only to learn the basics, for now.

I'll be using the Mirus/Zenfire/NinjaTrader combination to start. I considered velocity since their M6E commission seems to be a fair amount cheaper (1.86 vs 2.22, round trip - *not verified*). However, I would rather start with Zenfire since it was rated so well by the futures.io (formerly BMT) community, and Velocity only offers the Trading Technologies data feed. But that's just conjecture since I have no personal experience with any of this yet.

And considering its all a free trial, it's not like I can't switch to something else at any point. So, it's all downloaded and setup. My new trading workspace is looking pretty good and it just screams at me "I am going to take all your money noob". Thus, I am back to hitting the books/forum over the weekend to prevent that from happening. There are some seriously hard working people on this forum, so I know getting past that 95% failure rate won't be an easy task.

Hope everyone had a good week!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Xav1029 
Tampa, FL

Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra Chart
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E, M6E, 6J
Thanks Given: 1,452
Thanks Received: 3,377

V i m View Post
I decided to give the M6E a shot, but charting the 6E like Xav recommended. Considering I am still at a pretty early stage in my "trading", it's not like I have much to lose other than time. Getting used to the platform and some screen time with the 6e price action will be the lions share of my use for it in the near future. At most I'll be doing light sim trading only to learn the basics, for now.

I'll be using the Mirus/Zenfire/NinjaTrader combination to start. I considered velocity since their M6E commission seems to be a fair amount cheaper (1.86 vs 2.22, round trip - *not verified*). However, I would rather start with Zenfire since it was rated so well by the futures.io (formerly BMT) community, and Velocity only offers the Trading Technologies data feed. But that's just conjecture since I have no personal experience with any of this yet.

And considering its all a free trial, it's not like I can't switch to something else at any point. So, it's all downloaded and setup. My new trading workspace is looking pretty good and it just screams at me "I am going to take all your money noob". Thus, I am back to hitting the books/forum over the weekend to prevent that from happening. There are some seriously hard working people on this forum, so I know getting past that 95% failure rate won't be an easy task.

Hope everyone had a good week!

Glad to hear you are taking the first step and best of luck to you. One thing that happened to me on SIM is that it gave me false confidence. I was making money every day on SIM, so I went live thinking it would transfer over. Well, I found out the hard way that SIM is not like live trading unless you are a sociopath. IMO SIM has its benefits(ie learning a platform and gaining a POSSIBLE edge), but some things inside your brain just do not get processed the same as live money. Best of luck and I recommend you start a comprehensive journal for you to look back on. Journaling has been a huge step in my slow development. Don't be scared to post your most embarrassing mistakes, because it helps you in the long run (look through mine and you will see some huge hiccups )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

London Calling
Thanked by:

Xav1029 
Tampa, FL

Perfect example: 18 tick difference at close

London Calling

Xav1029 
Tampa, FL

London Calling

Last Updated on December 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts