NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Flux Capacitor - Off-topic version

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sharky with 5 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two cunparis with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goldilocks with 3 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 roonius with 3 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one RJay with 14 thanks per post
    2. looks_two goldilocks with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sharky with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,108 views
    2. thumb_up 38 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 33 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Flux Capacitor - Off-topic version

goldilocks 
NYC, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NT
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 117
Thanks Received: 81

Having heard Sharky describe futures.io (formerly BMT) as "family," and thinking you all know him, I was surprised any of you, for more than a second or 2, entertained any thought that he really meant he was handing out junk to anyone. It struck me that his comment was probably an emotional reaction, driven by the put downs and sarcastic remarks made in response to his offering to try his hand at something. Were those comments ok somehow to others? I found those just as questionable to the safety of the community here.

It is one thing to challenge the words/viewpoint someone chooses or how it came across, but I have already learned myself, that it might be best to allow room and tolerance that a misunderstanding might be at play.

Since we are all encouraged to post to support the community, maybe a suggestion could be to allow everyone a few mistakes and many disagreements, hopefully spoken in a tone that attempts respect and encouragement.

I found @roonius' comments pretty lethal this time: as someone new, I'll be concerned you'll tell me how ridiculous I am for attempting -- whatever... and @cunparis - considering you are also looked up to here to a great deal, too, I personally found your comment that anyone who watches Dr. Phil or benefits from The Sedona Method is a loser to be questionable, too. It might make it more doubtful that a person would feel comfortable volunteering that they -- for whatever bizarre reason could have learned something or became open to considering something in themselves as result.

I imagine we all could have a finger or two pointed in our direction, depending on who we are or what pushes our buttons in general or just that day.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

goldilocks View Post
It is one thing to challenge the words/viewpoint someone chooses or how it came across, but I have already learned myself, that it might be best to allow room and tolerance that a misunderstanding might be at play.

Sharky is free to clarify what he said at any time.

Quoting 
@cunparis - considering you are also looked up to here to a great deal, too, I personally found your comment that anyone who watches Dr. Phil or benefits from The Sedona Method is a loser to be questionable, too.

You obvious misread my post, please go back and read it carefully and post a follow-up in that thread.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 goldilocks 
NYC, USA

Broker: NT
Thanks Given: 117
Thanks Received: 81

Cunparis,
I did read your post several times and still got the same message: I already had posted a response, completely sidestepping my true experience, knowing your motives and mine were to express and add energy to the conversation and not to cause harm or shut anyone's growth down..

I am still uncomfortable noting that there is still only a call for Sharky to apologize BUT no call from you or others for an apology from those whose comments precipitated it... and those comments seemed to be intentionally mean spirited, derisive and destructive.. I'd think to be fair and reassuring to others that this would have been called out as below the belt or at least mentioned as part of the defusing effort.

I grew up with that kind of put down stuff, and it's damaging to the spirit and can crush a person who's reaching for new possibilities - and to know one has to watch out for that here w/o anyone standing up against it while demanding a perfect response from the person being attacked wouldn't be cool imo.

Btw, Cunparis, I appreciate very much all the energy you put in here. Being a Moderator is tough.. I appreciate all of you who have put so much time in here. Sincere thanks.

tigerman 
Milford

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja trader, thinkorswim
Broker: thinkorswim, Amp, ZenFire,
Trading: ES Cl 6E 6Y 6J
Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 8

sharky View Post
if anyone wants to send me the indicator ill have my team hard at work on it and im sure if it can be made better we can do it...sharky

sharky I have it zip file. How can I get it to you.

ty
tigerman

cunparis 
Paris, France

Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

goldilocks View Post
I am still uncomfortable noting that there is still only a call for Sharky to apologize BUT no call from you or others for an apology from those whose comments precipitated it... and those comments seemed to be intentionally mean spirited, derisive and destructive.. I'd think to be fair and reassuring to others that this would have been called out as below the belt or at least mentioned as part of the defusing effort.

Twice now I've written a reply to you and canceled my post. After reviewing the thread, I stand by my original reply. I do not wish to continue speculating on this. I prefer to wait for Sharky to explain himself.

goldilocks View Post
Btw, Cunparis, I appreciate very much all the energy you put in here. Being a Moderator is tough.. I appreciate all of you who have put so much time in here. Sincere thanks.

Thank you for your kind remarks. They make it worth it.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

sharky 
MIAMI,FL
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, tradingview
Broker: Private
Trading: Crypto and natural gas
Thanks Given: 625
Thanks Received: 3,906

i meant junk as in i give you guys the basic versions with no huge amount of computations to bog down your computers just simple tools for simple trading i have many indicators that i keep because they would confuse new traders and many indicators that i keep that you already need to understand price action to use effectively,so when i say junk i mean junk to me and my team because we do many other things with our trading not meaning the indicators are junk for a new trader,sorry if i was missunderstood,and i thank you roonius for your insults...sharky
btw i wont share my junk anymore thanks

KILLING THE MARKETS DAILY
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

RJay 
Hartford, CT. USA

Broker: AMP/CQG, Kinetick
Trading: RTY
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 787

sharky View Post
i meant junk as in i give you guys the basic versions with no huge amount of computations to bog down your computers just simple tools for simple trading i have many indicators that i keep because they would confuse new traders and many indicators that i keep that you already need to understand price action to use effectively,so when i say junk i mean junk to me and my team because we do many other things with our trading not meaning the indicators are junk for a new trader,sorry if i was missunderstood,and i thank you roonius for your insults...sharky

Sharky,

I would just like to take a moment to thank you for sharing your stuff here on futures.io (formerly BMT).

Your freely shared indicators are key to my trading setups!!!

I slightly modified them to fit my trading plan. Who Doesn't!!

I am extremely grateful to you for your contributions.

I'll gladly accept your "Junk" any day of the week.

If your free stuff isn't good enough for others here, too bad for them!!!

R & D is hard work. I have created dozens of indicators. Most turn out to be useless.

It is time consuming and at times very frustrating.

Thanks Again for Sharing,

RJay

rassi 
the congo

Platform: North sea oil rig
Trading: Cl
Thanks Given: 1,563
Thanks Received: 1,199

sharky View Post

To be fair to roonius et al your condescending attitude doesn't exactly endear you to others if you want to help others which no doubt you have done then great if not no one is making you! All the best Barry.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

sharky 
MIAMI,FL
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, tradingview
Broker: Private
Trading: Crypto and natural gas
Thanks Given: 625
Thanks Received: 3,906

whatever i wont help anymore...sharky

KILLING THE MARKETS DAILY
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

rassi 
the congo

Platform: North sea oil rig
Trading: Cl
Thanks Given: 1,563
Thanks Received: 1,199

sharky View Post
whatever i wont help anymore...sharky

Cool, may you be at peace. Barry.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts