NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

CL Trading with PA. Charts only.

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one dave5578 with 17 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two Jedi with 8 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Goldstone15 with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 3 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Gary with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 dave5578 with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 7,023 views
    2. thumb_up 18 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 37 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

CL Trading with PA. Charts only.

Goldstone15 
Los Angeles, CA

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL ES
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 188

@dave5578 it might help followers of your thread if you posted a little about your setup, etc (or at least what you're looking for from the market). That way it would be easier to identify with your posts...

Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks
dave5578

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 15

Yeah, I hear ya.

I thought about it, I decided I need a place to ramble about my moves, and I will let the users decide after a week or so if we want to talk about my system.

The biggest waste of time on trading websites are dudes who are not profitable posting charts in hindsight and that shit. Basically I need to earn the respect of the users before I can even consider explaining why or how I did it.

I appreciate your thoughts, and I enjoy your posts as well

Goldstone15 
Los Angeles, CA

dave5578 View Post
Yeah, I hear ya.

I thought about it, I decided I need a place to ramble about my moves, and I will let the users decide after a week or so if we want to talk about my system.

The biggest waste of time on trading websites are dudes who are not profitable posting charts in hindsight and that shit. Basically I need to earn the respect of the users before I can even consider explaining why or how I did it.

I appreciate your thoughts, and I enjoy your posts as well

-Dave Krupar

I see your point and agree. However, what I've always looked at is the explanation and understanding of the trades, more than the actual trade call itself. To me, almost anyone can call a trade and have a 50/50 chance of being right. But I've always given far more consideration to the explanation of the trade call and understanding of the market because one can usually detect whether someone has a grasp or is simply getting "lucky." I even wouldn't mind someone being wrong 7 out of 10 times if it seemed like there was good understanding (and maybe it was just a small losing streak). Plus, it's helpful to read others' take on market information...

But hey, it's your thread and I'm just an interested viewer...

Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
dave5578

Considering Longs in the $84.96 zone with a 10 cent stop.

Rough day so far, don't need to remind anyone really

Jedi 
SF Bay Area

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra
Broker: Multiple
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 546
Thanks Received: 594

Goldstone15 View Post
I see your point and agree. However, what I've always looked at is the explanation and understanding of the trades, more than the actual trade call itself. To me, almost anyone can call a trade and have a 50/50 chance of being right. But I've always given far more consideration to the explanation of the trade call and understanding of the market because one can usually detect whether someone has a grasp or is simply getting "lucky." I even wouldn't mind someone being wrong 7 out of 10 times if it seemed like there was good understanding (and maybe it was just a small losing streak). Plus, it's helpful to read others' take on market information...

If that is the criteria for assessing good analysis, then forums are all full of very profitable traders like a dime a dozen all killing it.. Although you can learn some things from hind sight analysis, that's not how the money is made..

You really don't know how good a trader you're following really is unless you either see their PNL, DOM or see some live real time calls over a span of time and everything comes out.. There's a good reason vendors typically don't provide real time analysis and there's also a good reason most traders on forums don't provide it.. but money is not made by hind sight analysis.. though many good concepts can be learned from it...

Ideally, you get both, which is what MF is providing in his thread.. and that's why I think its one of, if not the best threat on any public forum and receiving the kind of traffic that it does.. is there any other threads on BM that is receiving more traffic? If not, why not? Why is it that you're sitting in MF's thread and not another thread? Aside from the analytics, its real time...

You learn "concepts" thru hind sight analysis, but you learn "trading" only thru real time.. Its definitely not the same thing and not even close..

dave5578

I was totally shitting all over MF's thread, it was pretty stupid of me.

So you guys know what you will get here, just read my response to gold. Hopefully, once proven worthy, this blog can be win/win for myself and alot of other readers as well.

Thanks again Gold and Jedi.

Goldstone15 
Los Angeles, CA

Jedi View Post
Ideally, you get both...If not, why not?

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. It's best to see both real time. I'm just implying that it's better to see a trade call WITH an explanation rather than a call with something (implyed or otherwise) like "my gut told me to go long."

Hope that I'm making sense...

Jedi 
SF Bay Area

dave5578 View Post
I was totally shitting all over MF's thread, it was pretty stupid of me.

So you guys know what you will get here, just read my response to gold. Hopefully, once proven worthy, this blog can be win/win for myself and alot of other readers as well.

Thanks again Gold and Jedi.

-Dave Krupar

Any trading friend of MF is alright in my book, since he mentored me on CL.... Good luck with the thread, I'll try to participate where I can..

Thanked by:
dave5578

I will also add, I cannot stand journals where dudes are all frontin' by saying.......

1. I need to follow my rules blah blah
2. I did these 10 things wrong today. Dude pick 2 and fix them
3. "my kids, my job". Shit man, your gonna lose soooo much money if you use that one again.

You won't get that here. That makes a BORING AS FUCK NEVER ENDING MENTAL WEAKNESS FOR PROFITS blog.

No hate intentionally directed to those journal guys.

It's just, trading to me is a slap you in the face your fucking up kinda convo, not a, "oh joe, you will do better if you just follow your rules, its ok!" No..... Joe will lose his fucking house as his P/L and trading resembles a journey into gambling

There is no other time in my life where I have had to be this hard on myself, my emotions and physically resisting an urge, than in trading.

Rant Complete.

Thanked by:

Jedi 
SF Bay Area

Goldstone15 View Post
That's exactly what I'm trying to say. It's best to see both real time. I'm just implying that it's better to see a trade call WITH an explanation rather than a call with something (implyed or otherwise) like "my gut told me to go long."

Hope that I'm making sense...

I agree, but how common is that? that's my point..

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 5, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts