NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 27 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 27 posts (137 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emini2000 with 25 posts (34 thanks)
    4. looks_4 IzhakHaim with 23 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SoftSoap with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 JonnyBoy with 3.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 248,974 views
    2. thumb_up 1,106 thanks given
    3. group 124 followers
    1. forum 472 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

aqpinfo 
Orland Park,Illinois/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Emini SP
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 26

berbeshter
I think that his course would be great for a beginner if you have any question . i would think Al would answer them he seems to be a nice person to deal with.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Infinity
Trading: /CL
Thanks Given: 309
Thanks Received: 617

ncsutrader View Post
I am reading the third book in the Al Brooks series at the moment. One thing I have found that has really helped me is drawing what he is saying out on the side of the page as I read it. Without doing this though, it would be very hard to follow. I am really enjoying the book, and I am thinking about purchasing the course. Has anyone that has already taken it had any experience with implementing what they learned in the course? Did the course help to solidify some of the information that was taught in the books?

Very good question thank you

Can someone please highlight the pro's and con's of the books vs the videos?

Al has mentioned the difference (primary, secondary?) between the books and the video to him was being able to hold a book in your hand. I'm thinking he's basically saying the same as ncsutrader "drawing... on the side of the page..."

Understanding that as well, I guess my question is are the videos easier to glean/ absorb/ understand/ grasp/ comprehend information than the books?

Thank you

-Bill

Follow me on Twitter

Chuck T 
Hannibal, Mo, USA

Platform: NT 7 & especially NT 8
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: NQ, YM, ES, GC, CL, HG
Thanks Given: 61
Thanks Received: 75

WilleeMac View Post
Very good question thank you

Can someone please highlight the pro's and con's of the books vs the videos?

Al has mentioned the difference (primary, secondary?) between the books and the video to him was being able to hold a book in your hand. I'm thinking he's basically saying the same as ncsutrader "drawing... on the side of the page..."

Understanding that as well, I guess my question is are the videos easier to glean/ absorb/ understand/ grasp/ comprehend information than the books?

Thank you

-Bill

Bill, in my experience as a learner and as a pastor/teacher people learn in various ways. Personally, it has been very helpful to me over the years to get a comprehensive dose of whatever I am learning. As an example, I read my Bible, I listen to my audio Bible. Sometimes I SEE things i didn't hear. Sometimes I HEAR things I didn't see. Sometimes I read aloud to myself to help clarify and cement ideas.

I have found this with Al Brooks' materials as well. I like having both the books and the videos. If you are struggling with the book, go to the appropriate video presentation and let Al walk you through his slides verbally. Sometimes that makes things "click". Another advantage to the Videos is that you can speed them up in your media player and listen to the entire presentation, make a note of things you want to understand better, then go back at reduced speed, pause, think, and absorb the material. If you buy the videos and wish you had the slides to print out and annotate, well let me just suggest going to the source and seeing if that is a possibility :^)

I am 50, don't learn as fast as I used to, and find all approaches helpful. I have never regretted the money spent on Al's materials.

His teaching on price action is helpful whether you trade "naked charts" or with a few indicators that are back up reinforcement to what you think you see in the price. Al helps you understand what moves the market and how to make choices with higher probability based on those movements. The videos were very helpful in my case.

Hope this helps.

Chuck T

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Chuck

Thank you, could not agree more

I only trade intraday /6E and with very few indicators - moving averages and an RSI length 34 and 55 (more weight on the 55) set at cross of the 51 or 48 line

It seems the most important piece of the puzzle is price action, of which I'm somewhat good at

So I guess my question was pointed at are the videos more efficient for encompassing/ learning his method?

Watching, listening, writing notes vs reading, writing notes

Again

Thanks

-Bill

Follow me on Twitter

Chuck T 
Hannibal, Mo, USA

Platform: NT 7 & especially NT 8
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: NQ, YM, ES, GC, CL, HG
Thanks Given: 61
Thanks Received: 75

Bill, I find that the videos are most helpful because I can print the chart Al is using and make note on that chart as he talks. I am not a fast writer so the ability to pause, write a note and then listen is great. I like the books, but the videos seem most efficient in my case.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

Thanked by:

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Chuck

Thank you kind sir

-Bill

Follow me on Twitter

Bookworm 
Long Island, NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS
Broker: TD Ameritrade
Trading: Equities, index options and futures/futures options
Thanks Given: 66
Thanks Received: 198

I'm about halfway through the video course and so far it is fantastic. Al points directly to the bars he is talking about so there is no confusion and the commentary has more practice than theory. The videos are like attending lectures (though without questions) and the books are the texts for a graduate level course in price action.

Slipknot511 
Springfield,Missouri, USA

Platform: NinjaTrader (It's a love/hate relationship)
Trading: CL, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 60
Thanks Received: 314

Big Mike View Post
I found that amusing

But I am sure it is true

Mike

It's politically incorrect to laugh at your ADHD challenged brothers. Personally, I use the speedup feature all the time. Hell, I listen to audio books while simultaneously reading another book.

In all seriousness though, it's estimated that ~30% of people are auditory learners. For them, listening to a course will have much more benefit than reading the books.
~65% are visual learners. They will still benefit due to the slides in the course, but maybe not as much as reading the books.
For those interested in the course, ask yourself what learning style fits you best.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

FYI, there is now an AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread for questions to Al Brooks:

Questions posted in that thread will be answered by Al during a live AMA session. These live AMA session dates will be announced in that thread.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

hectormas 
Charlotte, NC

Platform: Tradestation, Ninja Trader
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 54

First an opinion on Price Action Trading: Over the last year I have used several trading approaches (Fibs, tick Charts, using Internals, Stochastics, Divergences, etc). Am sure that if you master any approach to trading you can be profitable. However, Price Action - Al Brook's style goes better with my personality than any of the others.

Video Course: I purchased the first book and was having trouble following, since I am rather a new trader and even newer at Price Action Trading. So I decided to spend the money on the video Curse. It is the most value I have gotten for the money of anything that I have purchased in the past.

I decided to Master Price Action trading. I will not trade any other approach, or read any other material until I master this approach. I have gone through all the 50 videos for a first time. It took me 45 days, as I was making notes and taking snapshots of the key slides, and studying before going to the next one. I am now on my second viewing on Video 20. My plan is to watch the videos at least 5 times.

I started to apply the approach a month ago trading demo. Also, 2 weeks ago I joined his trading room to get additional instructions and to see how the material is applied to live trading. It is working great.

Summary: If Price Action trading goes along well with your personality, this video course would be of great value. But you need to be aware that if you are a begging or intermediate trader, you will need to commit a lot of time to learning the concepts, and even more time to mastering and becoming profitable with the approach.

To me, this is exactly what I needed in my trading journey. I am 100% focused on it, and I am committed to mastering it. Because of that, this is the best instruction I have found.

Last Updated on March 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts