NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 27 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 27 posts (137 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emini2000 with 25 posts (34 thanks)
    4. looks_4 IzhakHaim with 23 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SoftSoap with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 JonnyBoy with 3.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 248,974 views
    2. thumb_up 1,106 thanks given
    3. group 124 followers
    1. forum 472 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

westernwind 
Cardiff, UK

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 74
Thanks Received: 46

AllSeeker View Post
Al Brooks may or may not be making money but its quite unlikely that I'll by copying him. Knowing that, why send my hard earned money down the drain?

I don't think you can make money by blindly copying anybody. Silver bullets don't exist. I believe you need to understand what it is that an individual is trying to capture in their approach, internalise it, and see if it works for you. People are complex and there is no one-size-fits-all solution.

If I use Al Brooks' materials to see if a price action approach is useful, surely I will learn something of value, even if that "something" is the conclusion that price action doesn't work for me! And a cost of a few hundred dollars spread over a couple of years is no big deal. The cost of the time involved is far more significant than the money, but the course is well-structured, if repetitive, so it gives people a place to start.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

goodoboy View Post
Good Morning Bob,

I agree with you and apologize for my rudeness and being un polite to you sir.

Have a good and safe day.

No problem, man.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,245
Thanks Received: 5,006

westernwind View Post
I don't think you can make money by blindly copying anybody. Silver bullets don't exist. I believe you need to understand what it is that an individual is trying to capture in their approach, internalise it, and see if it works for you. People are complex and there is no one-size-fits-all solution.

If I use Al Brooks' materials to see if a price action approach is useful, surely I will learn something of value, even if that "something" is the conclusion that price action doesn't work for me! And a cost of a few hundred dollars spread over a couple of years is no big deal. The cost of the time involved is far more significant than the money, but the course is well-structured, if repetitive, so it gives people a place to start.

Completely agree, and this is the only case where blowing trough these courses may not always be waste, especially very early in your trading career.

But then again, its individual preference and some individuals can be very resourceful on their own to even save minor amounts.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

wBobby
Santa Clara, California

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 20

I've read a lot of differing views on gurus and coaches, etc and I had a thought -you can know a hell of a lot about a subject without necessarily being able to earn a living at it, and that's ok.

For example, millions of people play chess. But how many people can make a living playing chess? Probably less than 10 on the planet. But if you're number 217 in the world you still have a lot of expertise. So you write books and give 1-1 tuition, etc. Would any students ask to see your earnings from playing chess?

On the other hand, say you took a course in screenwriting. And you asked the tutor whether he had any screenplays made into movies and he told you no. You'd probably leave that class.

I guess for me it comes down to some demonstrable level of competency in a teacher on which I can build. That could be money but it doesn't have to be.

Thanked by:

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

A hedge fund recently lost almost two billion shorting Game Stop . They just went out of business a few weeks ago . Up to that point the fund made hundreds of millions a year for years . The fund was full of professional traders . The fund could show all the prof you could ever ask for it could trade on very high level . So what happen ? The trader managing the position did not put a stop loss in . After the position was under water good , it was added to three or four times . The rest is history . The professional at the fund made the same stupid mistake most of us on the forum has made and likely will make in the future . Like Bob West says , no matter how good you are what your doing will not work at some point . How you overcome that is what separates the adults from the children .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

GoodTrading
Loja, Ecuador

Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 33

Sorry, I didn't read this whole thread but I did take the Al Brooks trading course. I used to watch about 2-4 hours of content every morning with my cup of coffee until I finished the course. Then I re-watched some of the topics several times. Also, read all the books by Brooks. I would highly recommend everyone to get the video trading course and watch a few of them everyday to improve your trading.

Jelelg 
Dothan Alabama United States

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 12

As someone who has spent about the same amount of money as one year of community college tuition (full time) on different trading education programs over the last 4 1/2 years, I just have a note regarding learning from one vendor or education program versus another. Since this thread is about Al Brooks trading course, I have watched all of his webinars, and other videos on the internet where he shares information. I haven't purchased his course as of yet but I plan to in the near future. Of the say, six or so trading programs I have purchased in the past, I have learned something from all of them. Most of them haven't made me a dime yet, but that's my fault, not theirs. I have also learned that some styles of teaching or some trading methods just do not resonate with me. I don't know why, but that is the case. That said, in my own situation, Al Brook's teaching style resonates with me. His methods make sense to me. that's why I plan to buy his course and I will give an honest review after I complete it. But I do agree on statements made earlier on this thread. Learning to trade is not as easy as just watching over someone's shoulder. It is almost as if it is something that I have to build myself, from experience and information from several other people. I'm sure there are folks out there that can get it strictly trading a method someone tells them to. That is great. It just isn't so simple for me. Am I confident I will be trading profitably within the next year? Yes I am. I've come a long way. I may have been better off just having someone tell me exactly what to do in the beginning. I'm not sure because I started out watching Youtube videos from about twenty different people, like so many folks do, then tried to find what style of trading I am better at. But at the end of the day, I have to settle on something and just do it. More information is not going to help me at this point except to polish off and clarify what I've already observed over the last four years. That is what Al Brook's webinars on this forum have done for me so far and I'm pretty sure his course will provide the clarity I need to trade better. I am in the right place in my experience to be able to understand what he's teaching. I can pull up charts and see for myself, on any given day, that what I've learned so far from him is pretty accurate. Had I come across his videos four years ago, I probably would be confused on what he was talking about and just skip over it. I've done that to other educators in the past. Timing is everything. With trading education, I have found that to be true. There are many people that won't be able to learn from him just because we are all different. Just my 2 cents. Anyone reading this, have a great day and hang in there!

Thanked by:

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

Jelelg View Post
As someone who has spent about the same amount of money as one year of community college tuition (full time) on different trading education programs over the last 4 1/2 years, I just have a note regarding learning from one vendor or education program versus another. Since this thread is about Al Brooks trading course, I have watched all of his webinars, and other videos on the internet where he shares information. I haven't purchased his course as of yet but I plan to in the near future. Of the say, six or so trading programs I have purchased in the past, I have learned something from all of them. Most of them haven't made me a dime yet, but that's my fault, not theirs. I have also learned that some styles of teaching or some trading methods just do not resonate with me. I don't know why, but that is the case. That said, in my own situation, Al Brook's teaching style resonates with me. His methods make sense to me. that's why I plan to buy his course and I will give an honest review after I complete it. But I do agree on statements made earlier on this thread. Learning to trade is not as easy as just watching over someone's shoulder. It is almost as if it is something that I have to build myself, from experience and information from several other people. I'm sure there are folks out there that can get it strictly trading a method someone tells them to. That is great. It just isn't so simple for me. Am I confident I will be trading profitably within the next year? Yes I am. I've come a long way. I may have been better off just having someone tell me exactly what to do in the beginning. I'm not sure because I started out watching Youtube videos from about twenty different people, like so many folks do, then tried to find what style of trading I am better at. But at the end of the day, I have to settle on something and just do it. More information is not going to help me at this point except to polish off and clarify what I've already observed over the last four years. That is what Al Brook's webinars on this forum have done for me so far and I'm pretty sure his course will provide the clarity I need to trade better. I am in the right place in my experience to be able to understand what he's teaching. I can pull up charts and see for myself, on any given day, that what I've learned so far from him is pretty accurate. Had I come across his videos four years ago, I probably would be confused on what he was talking about and just skip over it. I've done that to other educators in the past. Timing is everything. With trading education, I have found that to be true. There are many people that won't be able to learn from him just because we are all different. Just my 2 cents. Anyone reading this, have a great day and hang in there!

You need to ask yourself if Al Brooks was that good of trader would he be selling trading education for 1000 bucks with a 200 a month trade room along with pay for click ads on google , factbook ? 99 % of vendor doing that kind of marketing just teach trading , they do not do any . That is fine as long as a person realizes educators are like law school teachers , they just teach they do not practice . The law school teacher can make you a more educated student of how the law works but you will have to work under a experienced law firm to keep from starving to death and can take a case to trail and win most of the time . Not the same as the trading profession but have a few things in command .

Thanked by:

Pa Dax 
Netherlands
Price Action Scientist

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, IB TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,006
Thanks Received: 6,318

Why wouldn't someone just do something extra besides trading. I post here for free, big Mike has this whole forum up for us to benefit from. It's not crazy that people do more than one thing while they make most of their income from trading.

The real question you need to ask is: given his methods and teachings, is it something for you to learn and profit from or not. And if not, then don't follow his teachings.

The rest is a waste of energy and time really.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

Not sure if this should be in a separate thread Al Brooks' recap videos on Youtube seem to make sense but then if most experienced traders were given the task of annotating a chart AFTER the fact in hindsight, they would be able to do a reasonable job.

So in that context, has anyone tried Al Brooks' Trading Room service? It seems to be a snap at $99 per month but I'd be interested to see if people in the room are actually making money from Al's methodology. Possibly the best place to see this in realtime would be in the trading room and I have no qualms in forking out a measly $99 but only if there is some benefit to do so....

Any comments or feedback on the room please?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts