NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 27 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 27 posts (137 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emini2000 with 25 posts (34 thanks)
    4. looks_4 IzhakHaim with 23 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SoftSoap with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 JonnyBoy with 3.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 248,974 views
    2. thumb_up 1,106 thanks given
    3. group 124 followers
    1. forum 472 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Search this Thread

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

johny1971 
Omaha, NE/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: S5 Trader; Jigsaw; TOS
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: ZN
Thanks Given: 221
Thanks Received: 105

Does anyone happen to know why Al does not use any volume indicators? I would think, after reading some about volume price analysis, that confirmation from volume of bar's strength or weakness could be helpful. I hope the answer is not because it is unnecessary. I am interested in how he ruled it out.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

sam028 View Post
Some older BMT/FIO members may remind that the idea of creating a trading room/web site was not Al's idea but some of his book reader's.

This is my favorite post. So running a trading room isn't his "fault"? Got it....

Also, if the consensus here says that we are supposed to make our own systems and trading rooms are worthless anyway, why is BMT promoting Al's room?

Thanked by:
 Forexoil 
Bangkok thailand

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, ninjatrader, tradestation, fxcm
Trading: Es forex
Thanks Given: 128
Thanks Received: 64

emini2000 View Post
Well, one can easily answer the questions dishonestly if they aren't required any proof. All vendors will claim to make money until you ask them for proof. So just asking really doesn't reveal anything.

i think the cftc would be very interested if Brooks made some claims which turned out to be fake..

Thanked by:

Stray Dog 
Beijing China

Platform: TradeStation Sierra Chart
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 17

Rory View Post
Two cents.. as I'm sitting on my hands waiting to hit target..

So you minding your own business selling your courses and books based on a system that ok, might have worked better back in the day but we all know fixed method efficacy is tidal as the markets vary and people might find a prince or kiss a frog at any one point in time, but thats just life.

Then comes Emmett Moore.

1. Immediately contact a lawyer and make it abundantly clear that your not a broke-ass scammer and if he (an ex-con) even mentions your name you will put him on the street.

Thats about it I guess. Saves getting involved in a lot of BS.

Seems to have done the trick for a couple of big vendors I know who are not listed on TradingSchools...mysteriously...

Edit: And who will continue to remain nameless as they don't want anything to do with his stink. Just because one guy is bad does not make the self-appointed sheriff good.

Which big vendors have threatened Emmett? Are you in contact with these "big vendors" and they've told you that's what they've done or do you know the names of some big vendors and because they're not on tradingschools.org that means they've threatened Emmett with legal action? Are you seriously saying that the job Emmett has done exposing the scam artists in the trading industry is a bad thing? Has Emmett hidden any detail of his criminal past? Is there any part of it that is not written about on his website under the warning tab? How is preventing new traders from being sucked in by these scam artists a bad thing?

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,342
Thanks Received: 1,054

johny1971 View Post
I would think, after reading some about volume price analysis, that confirmation from volume of bar's strength or weakness could be helpful.

I'm slightly reluctant to say so, in this thread, in case I'm suddenly "challenged for proof", but I thought the same, and have discovered that the techniques he teaches can profitably be traded from constant-volume bars rather than from timed or tick charts.

Thanked by:
Rory

Thanks Given: 5,444
Thanks Received: 8,140

Last line of my post Stray Dog.

I'm unsubscribing the thread after this message, let Mike have his honeymoon in peace.

Al Brooks will be here soon and can address the concern or not. The CFTC are the regulators, he has stated in the past he trades (or traded at some stage) during the day and if thats untrue, they can do their thing. I recalled this self-description from when I was looking for somewhere to start in Futures.

Its worth noting Al is one of the older educators around and has been CFTC free. Possibly they even looked and found no grounds to proceed. Who knows.

If they find that or other was a fraudulent claim fine, innocent until proven, not troll court.

"The evil that is in the world almost always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding." Albert Camus

https://www.speeli.com/articles/view/Why-do-people-fall-victim-to-scams

The Nuremberg defense reference though, truly amazing.

jodistrict 
san diego

Platform: FXCM MarketScope, NT, Interactive brokers, AMP
Broker: FXCM, Interactive Brokers
Trading: FOREX, IWM, SPY, XLE, NQ
Thanks Given: 72
Thanks Received: 145

Al is the most honest educator out there and he charges a negligible fee for providing a mind-boggling amount of detailed information and insight. How much does a book cost? Or his course which is under $300 dollars? And if that isn't enough, on his website, free of charge he numbers every 5 minute bar of the E-mini session and tells you precisely what it means. He does this every day. He is totally transparent without any hidden tricks. Doing an enormous amount of work and then charging almost nothing for it is not a good business model.

It's interesting that he is the one person that unprofitable traders decide to take out their frustrations out on. Yet, they will be the first to sign up for a $5000 dollar slick course based on some fraudulent list of trades, clever marketing, and a baritone voice posing as a trader. The real reason the trading profession is so low is that we are in the age where everyone's opinion is given equal value and most don't have the eyes to see what is good and what is bad. I grew up in the old school. If you don't know what you are doing, you should just shut up and learn.

teee 
Sydney Australia

Platform: CQG,NinjaTrader
Trading: Oil, ES, Bund, Currencies
Thanks Given: 134
Thanks Received: 103

IMO some of the recent posts (e.g. this one) on FIO deserve much lesser attention than they should...

But I guess traders are lonely... and drama helps?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

jodistrict View Post
Al is the most honest educator out there...

Then why not prove it? What is there to hide?

rwbil 
Baltimore MD

Platform: NT
Broker: IB, Kinetics
Trading: E6, ES and CL

tturner86 View Post
Can you name any vendor providing proof?

After arguing with you in the Alex post, once again I disagree with your logic. Are you saying the standard should be for people to blindly believe the lies these Scam Artist present?

When Big Mike allows these vendors to present on his forum he gives them a voice of legitamacy. Al Brook's to anyone that is not blind is a typical con artist. He sells books and a trading room yet never provides any proof he can scalp the ES on a 5 min chart. Do you know how rich you would be if you could do what Al Claims he can do. Yet people blindly follow him.

Yes you should demand proof of his claims. It is just so Sad nobody ask for any. No wonder this industry is full on con men.

Last Updated on March 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts