NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 27 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 27 posts (137 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emini2000 with 25 posts (34 thanks)
    4. looks_4 IzhakHaim with 23 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SoftSoap with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 JonnyBoy with 3.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 248,974 views
    2. thumb_up 1,106 thanks given
    3. group 124 followers
    1. forum 472 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Search this Thread

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

DaxyMcDaxFace 
London

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 1,066
Thanks Received: 444

Have we broken the world record for loops in one thread yet?

Reads like a gabba tune.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 IzhakHaim 
white plains new york

DaxyMcDaxFace View Post
Have we broken the world record for loops in one thread yet?

Reads like a gabba tune.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

So maybe its time to close this loop?
Does not look like anything will change re Brook's credential and vetting presenters here. (Wonder, does a presenter pay for the exposure in anyway? or just use the site to gain new subscribers to his site? or both?)
No need for more computer bytes to be used...

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

IzhakHaim View Post
Does not look like anything will change re Brook's credential and vetting presenters here. (Wonder, does a presenter pay for the exposure in anyway? or just use the site to gain new subscribers to his site? or both?)

Mike will unban you tomorrow I suppose but that's enough trolling for now.
I did resist, resist, but I can't anymore.
So let's close this loop for now!

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,534

sam028 View Post
Mike will unban you tomorrow I suppose but that's enough trolling for now.
I did resist, resist, but I can't anymore.
So let's close this loop for now!

Hi Sam,

Geez, it seems I cannot even go workout for an hour without returning to my office with some new drama in this thread.

I do agree with your ban. This kind of user is better off elsewhere, so as to not pollute our community with their constant negativity. All attempts to reason with him failed, so in the end it seems his goal is not aligned with the community. It seemed that even though he did not understand what others would say, it was not enough - he had to continue to repeat his message. An infinite loop, like you said...

I haven't had time yet to research his account, perhaps he is another duplicate of the same user that has been banned three times in this very thread.

Let's free him up to go troll elsewhere

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,534

I did find he had more than one account, and banned his duplicates as well just now.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread

ktrader 
glostrup, denmark

Platform: Custom platform
Broker: CQG
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 152
Thanks Received: 275

ktrader View Post
There are no requirement for educators to be NFA members. That's not why I asked. I need the information for something else.

According to the NFA, which was very helpful specifying exactly what they do and don't do , there are no rules or regulations prohibiting non-members from disclosing their statements, nor do they audit or regulate a non-member.

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,342
Thanks Received: 1,054

ktrader View Post
According to the NFA, which was very helpful specifying exactly what they do and don't do , there are no rules or regulations prohibiting non-members from disclosing their statements

Be aware, though, that many countries have their own, different, separate laws relating to vendors' implicit claims in the area of "income potential".

These are often interpreted, somewhat vaguely, through "case-law"/precedent, and are often a legal minefield (and a very profitable one for lawyers).

To mention just one example (not trading-related, but the same principle): if someone's promoting an MLM distributorship opportunity, it doesn't say anywhere in the law that they're not allowed to show a prospective associate their own recent income (e.g. copies of cheques), but very few sensible ones will take a chance on doing it, just in case they're later deemed to have made a representation which implies that new prospects would/might/can earn the same, which could easily get them into trouble when the new recruits don't. Some people promoting trading-related services feel the same; some have been advised by lawyers that there's considerable potential future downside involved in proving their own incomes in public. It's pretty easy, in an arguably over-regulated environment, for that to come across as an "implicit representation" that "you can do it, too".

grausch 
Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 1,731
Thanks Received: 1,159

Tymbeline View Post
Be aware, though, that many countries have their own, different, separate laws relating to vendors' implicit claims in the area of "income potential".

These are often interpreted, somewhat vaguely, through "case-law"/precedent, and are often a legal minefield (and a very profitable one for lawyers).

To mention just one example (not trading-related, but the same principle): if someone's promoting an MLM distributorship opportunity, it doesn't say anywhere in the law that they're not allowed to show a prospective associate their own recent income (e.g. copies of cheques), but very few sensible ones will take a chance on doing it, just in case they're later deemed to have made a representation which implies that new prospects would/might/can earn the same, which could easily get them into trouble when the new recruits don't. Some people promoting trading-related services feel the same; some have been advised by lawyers that there's considerable potential future downside involved in proving their own incomes in public. It's pretty easy, in an arguably over-regulated environment, for that to come across as an "implicit representation" that "you can do it, too".

It seems to me that those who have had great success to tend to use that in their marketing for their training courses / chat rooms. Examples are Dan Zanger, Larry Williams & Mark Minervini. Judging by the way they disclose their performance you are also allowed some liberties in how it's disclosed, i.e. disclose it in such a way to make it more attractive for your trading course / chat room.

While I get what you're saying and while I am very aware of a lot of the regulatory issues surrounding marketing (all of which are aimed at raising / managing OPM), I still believe that if someone truly had an exceptional track record, they could market it and use the typical boiler-plate disclosures, i.e. "you are responsible for your own trading, etc."

Citing potential NFA difficulties seems to be an easy way to avoid answering a hard question...

Thanked by:

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,342
Thanks Received: 1,054

grausch View Post
Citing potential NFA difficulties seems to be an easy way to avoid answering a hard question...

I can't argue with you there: I didn't much care for his reply, either.

(Personally, I'd have preferred to see him say "I have nothing to prove on that front and am not selling a 'trading system' with any guaranteed returns at all, so that would be misleading, and anyway mind your own damn business").

My perspective, though (and doubtless the perspective of many forum-posters, both here and elsewhere, who are making some money steadily by using what we've learned from Al Brooks - and there are a lot of us, now) is obviously a very different one from that of some posters in this thread, who seem almost to believe that Dr Brooks is somehow "deceiving" people simply by not being willing to discuss this. Which is utter nonsense, in my opinion, but there you go.

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

IzhakHaim View Post

i bash vendors a lot. most of the ones i bash i have looked at there stuff. they had it coming. most vendors are no honest. however there is no way Mike could vet theses people. for one the time it would take to do so, just a good brokerage statement would not mean anything. it may come from a managed futures account. also it would be unfair to Mike to stick his neck out for any vendor , and it would be a huge conflict of interest. reviews from real traders that payed for there stuff is the only way. the way i vet vendors has changed. the vendors that have a 2000 to 5000 trading software with no trail ,just trust us...i do not even bother to look... trading rooms ...do not even bother to look... secret set-ups..do not even bother to look..

Last Updated on March 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts