NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 27 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 27 posts (137 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emini2000 with 25 posts (34 thanks)
    4. looks_4 IzhakHaim with 23 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SoftSoap with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 JonnyBoy with 3.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 248,974 views
    2. thumb_up 1,106 thanks given
    3. group 124 followers
    1. forum 472 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Search this Thread

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

moorookaman 
Brisbane Queensland Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Motivewave (Order Flow)
Trading: CL, NG, UB
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 23

I suspect a lot of traders believe there's something to be learnt from PA and one of the names that naturally comes up is Al Brooks. I started by purchasing one of his books and found it an incredibly hard read (in fact I still haven't finished it) but I just had the feeling that there was some incredibly value information in the process and I suspected that if I could just understand it there's a good chance it would resonate with my style and personality type.

I took the plunge and bought the course (for those of you baulking at the cost don't - it's worth every penny and then some, even if you don't end up trading like Al). The course is infinitely easier to follow than the books and Al explains everything perfectly. Don't be daunted by the number of hours or videos that it contains because there are some double ups especially when it comes to the videos on trading the setups eg trading a strong bull channel and then trading a strong bear channel. Generally the second video is just the inverse of the first. Also as I finally twigged about 80% of the way through he keeps using the same charts (once I realised this everything got a bit easier it allowed me to reinforce previous learning).

There's still a lot to learn and it will take time, I am currently going through a second and third viewing of the key areas combined with some stuff I struggled with (call me slow but it took me about 5 views to start to get the hang of high 1's and 2's etc). Put in the time and you will be rewarded for your effort.

I'm probably coming off as a real Al Brooks fan boi (guilty as charged) but I can't think of a better way to learn PA and as I mentioned it suits me down to the ground.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Just a quick note that Al Brooks is now on our Elite Partner Offer's page. You can get a free month of access to Al's trading room with the purchase of his trading course (new clients only). This is for Elite Members only.

Note: Big Mike Trading does NOT receive compensation for these referrals, we simply worked out these special deals to help our Elite Members who have chosen to support the site. Even though we believe these are great products and services, you should always do your own research before doing business with a company.

Page:
https://nexusfi.com/elite_membership/

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Infinity
Trading: /CL
Thanks Given: 309
Thanks Received: 617

Thanks BigMike

His website has a play by play (M5 by M5) chart on previous days PA for /ES

Very informative

-Bill_M

EDIT

https://www.brookspriceaction.com/files/barbybar/brooksbars.php?pic_id=2163&bars=81&left=301&width=849&top=22&height=604

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 arthureld 
Montezuma, Puntarenas / Costa Rica

Platform: Think or Swim, Interactive Brokers
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 26

I am very much enjoying Al Brooks Trading Course.

The format is excellent for me.

I have been struggling with trying to learn day trading and this material is extremely helpful.

$249 is an incredible deal in my opinion.

Thanks Big Mike's forum for helping me find this course.

Thanked by:
 londonkid 
London, UK

Platform: TT, CQG, esignal, TWS
Trading: Futures, spot FX, Energy Spreads Prop Firm
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 61

Chuck T View Post
I wanted to say before seeing this thread on futures.io (formerly BMT) I stumbled on to the Al Brooks Price Action videos on the MOO TRADER site, watched some of Mark's video showing his own learning of Al's material and went ahead and bought them. I used FIREFOX and DOWN THEM ALL too as I have for a couple years now and did not have a hitch.

Anyone wanting GOOD SOLID TEACHING on what moves the market and how to trade it will think $250 was some of the best money they have spent on learning. BUT, You must watch and absorb the material.

HINT: right click Windows Medea Player screen, a menu will pop up. Choose ENHANCEMENTS > Play Speed. A neat little tool will allow you to adjust the video play speed. You can easily crank Al up to 1.7 or beyond and understand him. This expedites viewing and allows you to note things you want to camp out on in the videos. I also find that speeding up viewing keeps me more focused and attentive.

I have now plowed through 12 of the 53 videos and am shocked at how excellent Al's course is. I still can not believe I bought it for only $250. cw30000 is right, there is so much less sold for so much more everywhere.

'Nough said.

Chuck T

Digging up an old post here but I also had a chuckle when you wrote about your 1.7 speed adjustment. I like Al's material but I find his voice hypnotic to the point where I find myself literally drifting off whilst listening. I would love to meet Al, he sounds very methodical and focussed. I can imagine him working in his previous career as an eye surgeon, if I was going to choose someone to operate on my eye it would be someone methodical, focussed and obsessed with details just the way Al clearly is. There is some really good stuff in his material I just cant stay awake even if I am primed with a triple espresso lol. no offence if you are reading Al, I genuinely like your stuff and approach and kudos for not being greedy with the price. I too had to tinker with the playback speed.....

Thanked by:
 WISDOM 
TUCSON, AZ/USA

Platform: NINJATRADER
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 40

I have been reviewing the course material for a few days. I plan to go through quickly and review the material several times--concentrating on the portions that I feel I need to incorporate into my trading style.

Al's approach to price action is radically different from what I have been taught or read previously. He does not consider volume neither does use pivot points. Every trading day I see how these two things (volume and pivot points) play a critical role in my trading plan.

I have already recouped my investment in the course. It is an excellent investment and very well done.

You should note that the 2014 version of the material has be completely updated.

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Infinity
Trading: /CL
Thanks Given: 309
Thanks Received: 617

Pivots

Do you use pivot range/ windows/ area etc?

Pivot for futs -- High, Low, Settlement /3.

Then calculate high, Low /2

Take the diff between the two and add/ subtract from the HLS and you have an "area" , range

The reason I ask is most software uses close for the pivot and that IS arbitrary.

If futs, use CME settle -- IMO

Ride safe

-Bill

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 WISDOM 
TUCSON, AZ/USA

WilleeMac View Post
Pivots

Do you use pivot range/ windows/ area etc?

Pivot for futs -- High, Low, Settlement /3.

Then calculate high, Low /2

Take the diff between the two and add/ subtract from the HLS and you have an "area" , range

The reason I ask is most software uses close for the pivot and that IS arbitrary.

If futs, use CME settle -- IMO

Ride safe

-Bill

I use the Pivot tool provided here in the Ninjatraders indicator download. it works great and has many options.

Thanked by:
 RichardHK 
Hong Kong

Platform: NinjaTrader, TWS
Broker: IB/Kinetick
Thanks Given: 132
Thanks Received: 340

WISDOM View Post
... ... He does not consider volume neither does use pivot points[/U][/B][/B]. Every trading day I see how these two things (volume and pivot points) play a critical role in my trading plan....

Depends on your interpretation of pivots. Al uses and teaches measured moves and support/resistance lines drawn from various sources which are essentially pivots.

And yes, although Al does not refer to volume, if you ever attend his live trading room he will often comment on volume for a bar when it is of interest. So, he obviously keeps his eye on volume. Useful to confirm a buying/selling climax for example.

Just my 2 cents.

Richard
Hong Kong
Thanked by:
 WISDOM 
TUCSON, AZ/USA

Brooks discussion on reversals is very interesting and I will deploy his methods going forward. However, I believe he misses a key component of reversals and that is divergence between price and volume. I find that this is the most accurate sign of a reversal and I always look for it. Buff Pelz's book, "Investing with Volume Analysis" is a must read.

Last Updated on March 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts