NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 27 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 27 posts (137 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emini2000 with 25 posts (34 thanks)
    4. looks_4 IzhakHaim with 23 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SoftSoap with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 JonnyBoy with 3.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 253,384 views
    2. thumb_up 1,106 thanks given
    3. group 124 followers
    1. forum 472 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Search this Thread

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 344
Thanks Received: 246

iq200 View Post
Not sure if this should be in a separate thread Al Brooks' recap videos on Youtube seem to make sense but then if most experienced traders were given the task of annotating a chart AFTER the fact in hindsight, they would be able to do a reasonable job.

So in that context, has anyone tried Al Brooks' Trading Room service? It seems to be a snap at $99 per month but I'd be interested to see if people in the room are actually making money from Al's methodology. Possibly the best place to see this in realtime would be in the trading room and I have no qualms in forking out a measly $99 but only if there is some benefit to do so....

Any comments or feedback on the room please?

Hello iq200,

Do you want a trading teacher that teaches how to trade with proof that the teacher makes money the past +X years?
Yes or No

If Yes, Al Brooks is not the teacher for you. He has zero track record of making money.

https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/al-brooks-trading/

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
14 thanks
 iq200 
London, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

goodoboy View Post
Hello iq200,

Do you want a trading teacher that teaches how to trade with proof that the teacher makes money the past +X years?
Yes or No

If Yes, Al Brooks is not the teacher for you. He has zero track record of making money.

https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/al-brooks-trading/

Sure. Not disputing the contents of your post.
However, the whole point of this site is to also get opinions from people who have actually had experiences.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 344
Thanks Received: 246

iq200 View Post
Sure. Not disputing the contents of your post.
However, the whole point of this site is to also get opinions from people who have actually had experiences.

Hello iq200,

Thanks for responding.

Yes for certain, I hope others reply as well.

Pa Dax 
Netherlands
Price Action Scientist

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, IB TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,007
Thanks Received: 6,318

You can take a free 2 day trial. Nothing better than your own experience.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 kougaiga 
japan siga

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

Has anyone profited from the methods that have earned 5 stars on tradingschools.org?

HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

Price action is just momentum trading
If it's going up you buy late and down u sell late.

This is simple buy next bar stuff.. if higher or with 50% positive side of bar.

Brooks analyzes charts in his book with historical hindsight.
All makes sense after the move.

I like brooks. His attn to mkt detail and nuance is incredible.

I like his books and he gets you in lat n out late. Not bad really
Keeps you with trend and in trend.

Think of a portion of a river. You have an inner tube and u can only float no paddle.
The river waters can change speed and direction over time. However sometimes the river cycles for long periods in one direction. Others the direction skips back n forth randomly. It's a random walk running river. RWRR

Your task or goal is to get 75 yards east. The river runs straight east to west.

If we get on the river and start our journey we can only go where it takes us but we can hop off or get out of the river whenever we want. We can also jump back in on the river whenever we want.

Obviously if the river takes you in the wrong direction or flows the wrong way then you are farther from your 75 yard way point we call this 75 east point.

Now. Think when will you jump into the river and why? When will you jump off if wrong?
Will you float 500 yards in wrong direction... West then need to make up 575 yards!

This is a fun exercise and you should play it out in your mind. This is water action or flow. Price action water action.
Me personally I would jump in as soon as it started going in my direction east but be ready to jump out fast if carrying me in the wrong direction.
If it goes east towards my 75 east point. Then I say I got lucky and as soon as it starts taking me back west.. I jump off. Possibly gaining some yards toward my goal of 75 east point. Get it. Maybe you wait until river is moving east for 1 minute then you jump in.. it's all up to you. But use this exercise to parallel the mkt. It gets your mind thinking deeply about trading gains n losses but the physical distance sometimes makes you realize it's dumb to keep riding in wrong direction

trymph 
chicago us

Broker: Ninja
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 50

Pa Dax View Post
You can take a free 2 day trial. Nothing better than your own experience.

I found this from Brooks (BTC Admin aka Richard Antwistle) whom on a google search has gone to the big pit in the sky recently it seems.

I'm interested in the software used in the video below because of its "hidden" order coding that he says is Ninja but may be Jigsaw:
https://www.brookstradingcourse.com/guest-traders/order-flow-support-price-action-trading/

re:minute 25 in the vid
Hidden_Orders_DOM

Specifically the DOM shown here has a column adjacent to the DOM order book sizes buy/sell columns (blue=buy; red=sell) that he purports to display ICEBERG orders. I believe its done by calculating the cumulative summation from Time&Sales, the last trade quantity > the DOM displayed working limit orders for each price level (per timestamped nano second of each trade as the CME disseminates that current size in the book at time of trades) . In the imbedded jpg see the 985(20 working) Bid and the 782(536 working) Offer of the inside market shown above. He's saying the 985 & 782 are hidden Iceberg order types. If true it would give a pretty good indication of institutional support/resistance as those prices reoccur over time IMHO.

Anyone seen Ninja add-on that can do that or could it be Jigsaw; he says he's using Ninja in the vid; this is from 2016 BTW?

Regards to all
On a quest for the Holy Grail <g>

Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Thanks Given: 799
Thanks Received: 1,193

trymph View Post
I found this from Brooks (BTC Admin aka Richard Antwistle) whom on a google search has gone to the big pit in the sky recently it seems.

I'm interested in the software used in the video below because of its "hidden" order coding that he says is Ninja but may be Jigsaw:
https://www.brookstradingcourse.com/guest-traders/order-flow-support-price-action-trading/

Anyone seen Ninja add-on that can do that or could it be Jigsaw; he says he's using Ninja in the vid; this is from 2016 BTW?

Regards to all
On a quest for the Holy Grail <g>

"Anybody interested in following up the order flow tools introduced in the video can find them on the Jigsaw Trading website."

It says just below the video on the webpage you posted.

Good luck with your quest for the Holy Grail.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

trymph 
chicago us

Mich62 View Post
"Anybody interested in following up the order flow tools introduced in the video can find them on the Jigsaw Trading website."

Thanks...........its the feature for that "hidden" orders column I'm after. You recognize that DOM as Jigsaw?

Regards

trymph 
chicago us

trymph View Post
Thanks...........its the feature for that "hidden" orders column I'm after. You recognize that DOM as Jigsaw?

Regards

Never mind..........Jigsaw's plainly showing the DOM in that vid as their's .........

Thanks to all

Last Updated on March 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts