NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 27 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 27 posts (137 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emini2000 with 25 posts (34 thanks)
    4. looks_4 IzhakHaim with 23 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SoftSoap with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 JonnyBoy with 3.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 248,974 views
    2. thumb_up 1,106 thanks given
    3. group 124 followers
    1. forum 472 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Search this Thread

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

dk27 View Post
Broker statements will make you believe.

There is no correlation between a positive broker statement and whether you can successfully trade their system. They could train and teach you everything they know but you will never be able to execute it like they do.

Stop. Do the work, create a system that you believe in and then trade it.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Volt 
Whitehall, NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS, Market Delta
Broker: Infinity, TOS, IB
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 395

You say this with authority as if it is a fact TTURNER. Perhaps you can point us to the facts which makes you draw such a conclusion. Otherwise I will assume this is just your opinion. If that is the case then what are you basing your opinion on ? Thanks in advance.

Volt
tturner86 View Post
There is no correlation between a positive broker statement and whether you can successfully trade their system. They could train and teach you everything they know but you will never be able to execute it like they do.

dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

Of course there is, if vendor can not trade profitably himself, what can he teach his students, the same faulty ideas he can not implement himself (not talking about Brooks, just generally about vendors)?

tturner86 View Post

emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

tturner86 View Post

True, but Al should be able to prove that he at least trades his OWN system profitably, and he's unwilling to do that, which indicates he doesn't.

Thanked by:

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

tturner86 View Post

I guess my original point was that traders (including myself in the past) have fallen under the guise they were following a trader (Al Brooks in this case) and his methods that were actually traded on a live market.

There was no reason to believe otherwise.

So verifiable broker statements would cement the ideology behind the method(s) and perhaps make traders feel that if correctly applied they could be successful at them too. It doesn't mean they will be successful, but it gives something to shoot for.

It appears Al is unwilling to prove he trades what he teaches on a live market. That is disappointing, especially as he is promoted on FIO.

As I said I don't know all of the facts. Perhaps more will become available if Al is interested in doing so.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

tturner86 View Post
Stop chasing vendors. With or without broker statements it will not make a difference whether you can trade what someone else is selling.

You have to trade what you believe, you cannot trade anything else.

Is it not Adam G. who said in his last webinar that trading your belief is complete BS.

Thanked by:
 NGtrader 
Burnaby, BC Canada

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ironbeam, Kinetick
Trading: ES, CL, RTY
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 201

I bought Al's course a number of months ago and also took advantage of the free month of his trading room via the FIO deal. I did not find the room helpful. I think I heard somewhere else he said the same thing, that disclosing his broker statement was against regulations. It struck me as odd. Now that I see it again I'm disappointed.

I was not hopeful when a thread in his forum was titled anyone here make money using this method and there were no replies. I moved on from his method because it was overly complicated. It did not resonate with me.

It's disheartening that he's in the scammer camp in this industry because I thought he was one of the genuine ones.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 jodistrict 
san diego

Platform: FXCM MarketScope, NT, Interactive brokers, AMP
Broker: FXCM, Interactive Brokers
Trading: FOREX, IWM, SPY, XLE, NQ
Thanks Given: 72
Thanks Received: 145

Al Brooks course on price action has benefited me more than any other system. You can just watch the markets to verify that his descriptions of price action are correct. He also is coming out with a major upgrade to his course with modern graphical techniques and he is giving it to people who have already bought the old course for no extra charge. I don't think he should play this "prove it" game, as it only appeals to the base instincts of those who shouldn't be trading in the first place. If you want to know if a system works, trade it and find out. Al Brooks provides the best value out there. His old course was under $300 and provides a ton of information, unlike courses going for $5000 which say nothing beyond standard material.

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

jodistrict View Post
Al Brooks course on price action has benefited me more than any other system. You can just watch the markets to verify that his descriptions of price action are correct. He also is coming out with a major upgrade to his course with modern graphical techniques and he is giving it to people who have already bought the old course for no extra charge. I don't think he should play this "prove it" game, as it only appeals to the base instincts of those who shouldn't be trading in the first place. If you want to know if a system works, trade it and find out. Al Brooks provides the best value out there. His old course was under $300 and provides a ton of information, unlike courses going for $5000 which say nothing beyond standard material.

Yes, yes, yes. I have read all of his books and I get what you are saying. My point was if it turns out to be true that he doesn't actually trade live and can't prove that he ever has (which is polar opposite to what I have believed all of this time and what he has lead me to believe) then I find that deeply troubling. Some might not but I do and it seems others do too.

It doesn't mean he doesn't have valid things to say. Al has managed to collate existing methods and put them into digestible pieces (in his rewritten books anyway). I don't believe he has any new method or techniques that didn't exist before, he has just presented them all in a readable manner.

If it makes no odds to you then great, but surely the moral compass gets a bit skewed when we at FIO are promoting somebody that at the moment doesn't appear to trade what he teaches, after many indications to the contrary. That would certainly put the red flags up for me if I was new to trading.

More fact checking needs to be done as I am sure there are blank areas that need to be filled in.

- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,342
Thanks Received: 1,054

jodistrict View Post
Al Brooks course on price action has benefited me more than any other system.

That's more or less true for me, as well. (I also found Bob Volman and Lance Beggs pretty helpful).

I can't pretend that I'd be making a living at all, without having studied Al Brooks' stuff, though.

jodistrict View Post
Al Brooks provides the best value out there.

I agree.

(I've never seen his trading room. I have no interest in trading rooms.)

I found his books not particularly well written, and very badly edited, but their content is outstanding for those willing to make the effort to get through them (and for me, that really was quite an effort).

His video course is completely different from his books in terms of approachability and comprehensibility.

My impression is that a lot of the criticism directed toward Dr. Brooks comes from people who have struggled to understand the concepts of price action, not been successful with it, and/or found his books unapproachable (understandably), and haven't actually seen his video course.

If I were Dr. Brooks, I think I'd be taking the view that those "challenging" him to produce trading/earnings verification aren't potential customers anyway and should be completely ignored. It's well known and adequately publicly acknowledged that he gave up a very successful career as an opthalmology professor and eye surgeon because he earned more from trading, over a very long period of time, before he was ever any kind of "vendor" at all. It's also evident that his income as a vendor is pretty inconsequential, anyway.

He comes across to me fairly unmistakably as a highly successful trader who likes doing some teaching as a sideline. I find that very understandable, given his background.

I see no reason for him to demean himself by responding to these silly "challenges". I wouldn't dream of it, myself, in his position.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts