NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 27 posts (129 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 27 posts (137 thanks)
    3. looks_3 emini2000 with 25 posts (34 thanks)
    4. looks_4 IzhakHaim with 23 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SoftSoap with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 JonnyBoy with 3.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 248,974 views
    2. thumb_up 1,106 thanks given
    3. group 124 followers
    1. forum 472 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Al Brooks Trading Course (www.brookstradingcourse.com)

theprophe 
no fixed address

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: edgeprox,bookmap
Broker: Edgeclear
Trading: Mes
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 42

Tymbeline View Post
It's well known and adequately publicly acknowledged that he gave up a very successful career as an opthalmology professor and eye surgeon because he earned more from trading, over a very long period of time, before he was ever any kind of "vendor" at all. It's also evident that his income as a vendor is pretty inconsequential, anyway.

I never knew this, can you share his brokerage statements over a long time while he was a surgeon, showing he was making 100,000's a year?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Seahn 
New York, New Jersey/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 274

theprophe View Post
I never knew this, can you share his brokerage statements over a long time while he was a surgeon, showing he was making 100,000's a year?

This juvenile insistence on seeing proof through brokerage statements and the like is quite ridiculous in my opinion.

Al Brooks has absolutely no obligation to provide anything. If you do not trust what he says or his books/videos/room without proof you should move along to something or someone else. Good luck finding anyone in this industry which provides verifiable statements.

Brooks is a genuinely good person in this industry and is widely well regarded. He is motivated to help traders not to make money from them, he is charging $250 for a video course which would be $5000 or more anywhere else. He provides free ongoing help and daily commentary on the markets and free updates to his course.

I personally have purchased his books and videos years ago (not his room as I do not believe in using trading rooms). His teachings have formed the foundation of my trading approach and I am a successful day trader making my living from trading (and no I will not provide you my brokerage statements). Brooks has helped a lot of traders learn the markets.

The Brooks books and videos are all about teaching how the markets work not providing a detailed trading system for others to follow as such his brokerage statements are irrelevant.

My point is if you are not happy with Al Brooks disclosures then just move on instead of whining about it.

johny1971 
Omaha, NE/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: S5 Trader; Jigsaw; TOS
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: ZN
Thanks Given: 221
Thanks Received: 105

It seems there are those that find Al and his teaching good and there are those that find Al and his not choosing to release information as bad. There seems to be a slightly similar debate (albeit much smaller) with Grimes and his use of science regarding his most recent webinar. Just an observation.

I am enjoying Al's course a lot. He does a great job of analyzing charts in regards to what bulls and bears are thinking about. The ideas of exhaustion, micro gaps, micro double tops, stairs, etc all seem they could be useful. I do have a difficult time saying knowing his teachings would provide the ability to articulate an edge. I know the ideas in the course can improve traders, but how does that match up with providing an edge. Since I realize an edge is personal unique thing, I wonder if anyone can articulate how price action is an edge or maybe a component of an edge.

Thanked by:

SoftSoap 
Canada

Broker: InteractiveBrokers
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 347
Thanks Received: 1,227

Seahn View Post
Good luck finding anyone in this industry which provides verifiable statements.

Can I ask why this is so difficult?

Why aren't people willing to connect their broker up with something like fundseeder, which can do all of that for them?

If you are a profitable trader I don't see what the downside to this is, can anybody enlighten me?

Now if someone used to be a trader but no longer actively trade, why can't they label themselves as such?

Pundits can add huge value to other trader's careers, so why is there a sense from the futures community that you must actively trade to be credible?

This might not be the best place to post this as it may or may not be related to Al Brooks, but I am hearing this over and over.

Yesterday's excellence is today's standard and tomorrow's mediocrity
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

New Level 
East Coast, Florida

Platform: IRT/S5
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3,317
Thanks Received: 78

Seahn View Post
This juvenile insistence on seeing proof through brokerage statements and the like is quite ridiculous in my opinion.

Al Brooks has absolutely no obligation to provide anything. If you do not trust what he says or his books/videos/room without proof you should move along to something or someone else. Good luck finding anyone in this industry which provides verifiable statements.

Brooks is a genuinely good person in this industry and is widely well regarded. He is motivated to help traders not to make money from them, he is charging $250 for a video course which would be $5000 or more anywhere else. He provides free ongoing help and daily commentary on the markets and free updates to his course.

I personally have purchased his books and videos years ago (not his room as I do not believe in using trading rooms). His teachings have formed the foundation of my trading approach and I am a successful day trader making my living from trading (and no I will not provide you my brokerage statements). Brooks has helped a lot of traders learn the markets.

The Brooks books and videos are all about teaching how the markets work not providing a detailed trading system for others to follow as such his brokerage statements are irrelevant.

My point is if you are not happy with Al Brooks disclosures then just move on instead of whining about it.

This is a community and as such serves itself by looking out for individuals in the group. The only way to warn others of concerns is to post them and discuss, part of this discussion is necessarily going to lead to proof so I think that saying it's juvenile and ridiculous and whining is unproductive. No one is under any obligation to provide proof that they are a successful trader but that doesn't mean that it can't or isn't done, Big Mike posted his results for quite a while right here for everyone to see. I personally think if someone is selling something to traders based on they themselves being a profitable trader then they should have to prove it, not because someone in particular is being dishonest, but because it would weed out some of those who are and likely change the landscape for the better.

I too purchased Brooks course in my early days but soon learned that this was likely to be a journey more nuanced then jumping on someone else's path and trying to walk in their footsteps, I now think that many successful traders are that way in spite of much they've learned. Looking back the thing I'm most thankful for is that I chose such a cheap course to find out that I didn't want any more courses.

Thanked by:

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

SoftSoap View Post
Can I ask why this is so difficult?

Why aren't people willing to connect their broker up with something like fundseeder, which can do all of that for them?

If you are a profitable trader I don't see what the downside to this is, can anybody enlighten me?

Now if someone used to be a trader but no longer actively trade, why can't they label themselves as such?

Pundits can add huge value to other trader's careers, so why is there a sense from the futures community that you must actively trade to be credible?

This might not be the best place to post this as it may or may not be related to Al Brooks, but I am hearing this over and over.

On FIO there are many differences of opinions on a multitude of subjects. In 99% of cases, a degree of respectful separation exists. That is what is so great about having FIO set up the way it is. We can all have a say and we don't run the fear of being belittled like on some other well known forums. Well, in most cases anyway.

However, when it comes to the subject of what a vendor should be providing as "evidence" - this nearly always ends up a battle of words no matter whom the vendor is.

There is a rhetoric on FIO to stop chasing vendors. That has been mentioned numerous times on many threads. Yet vendors are allowed to present webinars and can actively participate on FIO. Whilst I find this somewhat hypocritical, there is an envelope in which the vendor has to operate if they choose to participate in threads.

That part of the transparency is great, but it falls apart when the credibility of the vendor is brought into question or they are asked to substantiate with evidence. Even a simple question such as "Do you trade from your own account?" is on occasion met with such disdain.

As an individual (and a community for that matter) we should be allowed to openly discuss matters such as this, but there seems to be no degree of respectful separation. You either strongly agree vendors should be able to substantiate their work with some form of evidence, or you strongly disagree and give the response to stop chasing vendors.

I believe as a consumer or potential consumer of whatever the vendor happens to be selling outside of FIO, there should be an opportunity to ask if the vendor trades the system/method/indicator, i.e. their Work. If they don't, like you said that is okay! We can respect that.

I believe it is the dead silence when this question is asked that tends to make people believe otherwise.

We know how downright swampy this industry is and have probably taken our fair share of lumps from unscrupulous vendors in the past. That is not to label Al Brooks's unscrupulous, I am just highlighting the reality we live in.

The fact of the matter is I have purchased Al Brooks's work. I have found use for it. If the review on TradingSchools had not happened, I probably wouldn't have even thought about Al's work.

My ache was that Al point blank refused to divulge any kind of trading history. My opinion therefore suddenly changed as he wasn't the person I had created in my head. That is just what I thought, nobody else, just my thoughts.

This is because I believed everything Al had written and spoken was the God's honest truth. I still have faith that it is and I have always maintained that there are two sides to every story and evidence is just around the corner in one way shape or form. If it happens, hallelujah!

If it doesn't I happen and this drags on, I will forever sit and ponder if I was sold a story. I sincerely hope not.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -

Seahn 
New York, New Jersey/USA

Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 274

New Level View Post
This is a community and as such serves itself by looking out for individuals in the group. The only way to warn others of concerns is to post them and discuss, part of this discussion is necessarily going to lead to proof so I think that saying it's juvenile and ridiculous and whining is unproductive. No one is under any obligation to provide proof that they are a successful trader but that doesn't mean that it can't or isn't done, Big Mike posted his results for quite a while right here for everyone to see. I personally think if someone is selling something to traders based on they themselves being a profitable trader then they should have to prove it, not because someone in particular is being dishonest, but because it would weed out some of those who are and likely change the landscape for the better.

If I was in the market for a complete turnkey trading system I would certainly want verified proof of its performance with complete historical brokerage statements covering a reasonably long period of time and market conditions although I doubt any of these snake oil systems vendors provide any proof at all.

But if I buy a book(s) on price action (or in this case a video course which is basically an audio/video version of the book) there is no reasonable expectation for verified brokerage statements in my opinion. This is especially true for a video course at a $250 price point for which sample chapters are provided for free for one to decide if the material is useful.

I cannot imagine requiring all authors of books on trading to have to include verified brokerage statements with their books. Or maybe we could take it a step further and require all internet forum members responding to other members questions to provide verified brokerage statements to prove they really know what they are talking about.

The Al Brooks materials are not complete trading systems, they are materials attempting to describe how price action works in trading from one trader's perspective. No one could realistically watch the video course and with just that material become a profitable trader it just is not going to happen.

That was the context under which I made my juvenile, ridiculous and whining comments. In retrospect I see I was unduly harsh in my wording so I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by my remarks.

Thanked by:

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

Seahn View Post
If I was in the market for a complete turnkey trading system I would certainly want verified proof of its performance with complete historical brokerage statements covering a reasonably long period of time and market conditions although I doubt any of these snake oil systems vendors provide any proof at all.

But if I buy a book(s) on price action (or in this case a video course which is basically an audio/video version of the book) there is no reasonable expectation for verified brokerage statements in my opinion. This is especially true for a video course at a $250 price point for which sample chapters are provided for free for one to decide if the material is useful.

I cannot imagine requiring all authors of books on trading to have to include verified brokerage statements with their books. Or maybe we could take it a step further and require all internet forum members responding to other members questions to provide verified brokerage statements to prove they really know what they are talking about.

The Al Brooks materials are not complete trading systems, they are materials attempting to describe how price action works in trading from one trader's perspective. No one could realistically watch the video course and with just that material become a profitable trader it just is not going to happen.

That was the context under which I made my juvenile, ridiculous and whining comments. In retrospect I see I was unduly harsh in my wording so I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by my remarks.

Turnkey Al Brooks is not. I most certainly agree there.

It appears that Al did nothing to appease concerns he was actually trading in real time with real money vs. just talking and writing about it.

I think the brokerage statements were really the only means of "evidence" that would be considered "real" enough to address it.

But somehow (and incorrectly) I believe a substantial weighting got thrown behind the words "brokerage statement" - as in prove your millions Al!

No. I believe it was to verify if Al is actually trading. He has never said he doesn't trade anymore but he would do nothing to verify he still does.

If he isn't trading now, as I have said before that will be totally fine with many folks. Partly misleading but at least honest.

I believe this is a reasonable request if you are a purchaser of his Work.

For me, with all of what I have read, if it comes to light anything other than that my persona of Al will be shattered somewhat. As I said before, I thought he was just like us - that little guy behind a screen trying to make a few bucks each and every day.

We shall see. I hope.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -

emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

Well you know what they say: Those that can't do, teach.

Thanked by:

Stray Dog 
Beijing China

Platform: TradeStation Sierra Chart
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 17

Seahn View Post

Juvenile insistence on seeing proof! Did I read you correctly? You think that a common minimum standard of asking to see that the person you are paying for a service is capable of delivering a reliable, tested and safe product is juvenile? The reason that we don't see this in this industry is because of attitudes like yours. What is juvenile or so outrageous about a request or expectation that you can see that a vendor can trade their product profitably? No wonder this industry is so full of crooks.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts