NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

CL Day Trading: THE EDGE-Multiple Charts

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ESFXtrader with 26 posts (77 thanks)
    2. looks_two leprechaun with 9 posts (19 thanks)
    3. looks_3 1zach4 with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 plouisville with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ESFXtrader with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trendisyourfriend with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 leprechaun with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 24,399 views
    2. thumb_up 105 thanks given
    3. group 37 followers
    1. forum 52 posts
    2. attach_file 29 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

CL Day Trading: THE EDGE-Multiple Charts

tellytub 
london uk

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 333
Thanks Received: 121

am I correct in saying you are using CL?

In Ninjatrader I set up a chart for CL with "6 ticks", and it doesn't look anywhere as smooth as your chart. Are ticks in your platform different to Ninjatrader?

thanks

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
ESFXtrader
West Coast of Florida

Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 2,284

tellytub View Post

In Ninjatrader I set up a chart for CL with "6 ticks", and it doesn't look anywhere as smooth as your chart. Are ticks in your platform different to Ninjatrader?

thanks

I can't say anything about Ninjatrader, not having used it to date; but the CL 6 tick (r) is a 6 tick range bar chart, yet, I am using candlestick charting for quicker identification and simplicity.....my preference. You might prefer a bar chart. In the 6 tick range bar, each bar is exactly 6 ticks-high to low, and, in that alone, gives a direction the market has, at least begun to move. I like the 6 minute chart with it. Often, you will see a BB entry at the Green MA entry with both charts up.
WK

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

tellytub View Post

thanks

A 6 tick chart is different then a 6 range chart. For a 6 Range chart, In NinjaTrader, in the Data Series dialog, under the Period section, choose Type > Range and Value 6

ESFXtrader
West Coast of Florida

This 6 tick (r) chart on CL has the trades marked and shows the power of my system. The time frame is from 0617 to 1030 and shows a max ticks available of 452 on 16 trades. Trade a system that is consistently a winner and you'll grow your account as much as you desire. Proves it works on any futures contract and on a demo first.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL-oil_on_6_tick_(r)_chart&trades2012-10-19_0617_to_1030.png
Views:	488
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	92617  
ESFXtrader
West Coast of Florida

This is the same chart with the trades explained. This covers most of my trading plan and now there should be very few questions to explain. I have described it for any trader's understanding.
Good trading.
WK

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL-oil_trades_on_6tick_(r)_chart2012-10-19-0617-1030.png
Views:	534
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	92629  
ESFXtrader
West Coast of Florida

Here are the 12 and 6 min charts with trades marked along with the same 6 tick (r) chart w/prices on a different red vertical bar for more info.
WK

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL_trades_on_12_&_6_min_charts 2012-10-19.png
Views:	351
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	92632   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL-oil_trades_on_6tick_(r)_chart 2012-10-19-0617-1031.png
Views:	345
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	92633  
 leprechaun 
Quebec

Experience: Beginner
Platform: DTPro
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 40

WK

thank you VERY much for on going explanations and time on this - greatly appreciated and I'm sure by many of us. Out of all the trades posted on the most recent charts - the majority make sense. This is a good thing as it allows the application of your method on any instrument as you have said many times. I have two questions and if you have time to comment at your convenience that would be great.

1. after trade 10 before after 9:18 am and before 9:31 is that reversal long or do you hold all the way through the pull back - or is there a long trade also if you consider the close above the MAs eventually at 9:35 approx which CCI and RSI confirm

2. between 9:00 and 9:05 there is a BB short but the only difference between that and trade #7 is the presence of divergence. is this correct i.e. any reason to not short at that point ? Trade 10 is also in this general setup

Hopefully my descriptions are clear and make sense. I continue to study this daily in detail - sincere thanks again for your commitment to us. Also I can post my questions above in the other two threads if preferred.

L

Thanked by:
 rdtw 
Des Moines Iowa United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT Ensign MT4
Trading: drums
Thanks Given: 14,996
Thanks Received: 38

ESFXtrader View Post
This is the same chart with the trades explained. This covers most of my trading plan and now there should be very few questions to explain. I have described it for any trader's understanding.
Good trading.
WK

@ESFXtrader,

Thank you for your generous posts/charts.
May I ask, when you mention divergence in your trades, are you referring to all sub panel indies or one in particular?

Thank you.

ESFXtrader
West Coast of Florida

rdtw View Post
@ESFXtrader,

Thank you for your generous posts/charts.
May I ask, when you mention divergence in your trades, are you referring to all sub panel indies or one in particular?

Thank you.

I will often look for 2 or more indicators with divergence on any of the sub panels. More often than not, I will see 4 or more on the best reversals after a big move.
Hope this helps.
WK

dave5578

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 15

First let me say thanks for the content. I trade CL with bollingers also.

I keep hearing you repeat how powerfull and awesome your system is. Are you ever going to use this to make real money or just tell everyone that its yours and its the best. I want to know the end of this story. Is it you making consistent profits, or you talking up your system with hindsight trades.

I mean no harm with this post, just interested in your psychology behind posting.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 21, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts