NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Health

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 93 posts (56 thanks)
    2. looks_two Zondor with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sandptrader with 29 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Itchymoku with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Pariah Carey with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Zondor with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 211,042 views
    2. thumb_up 215 thanks given
    3. group 45 followers
    1. forum 292 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Health

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

I would stop using a doctor who prescribes statins. He's using you as a profit generator.

"If we don't loosen up some money, this sucker is going down." -GW Bush, 2008
“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,066
Thanks Received: 9,556

follow the same book?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

your underscore of using. That is subtle for you man. Thanks for being so sensitive...lol

Zondor 

Quoting 
I would stop using a doctor who prescribes statins. He's using you as a profit generator.

The underscore was to emphasize the fact that the doctor is supposed to be working for YOU.

If you don't like the service you are getting, fire him.

A doctor should think like a scientist. Few doctors have a scientific orientation, or an understanding of the scientific method. That's not how they are trained.

They are pressured to practice insurance driven medicine where the path of least resistance is to follow the "standard of care" dictated by the drug companies through the regulators and organizations that they control with their revolving door puppet strings.

Is your doctor healthy and physically fit? If not, why would you trust his advice?

Good luck, I wish you success in kicking the drug habit. Prescription drugs will eventually kill you.

Did you know that there is a website for treadmill desks? They were invented by a doctor. One of the real ones.

Treadmill Desk

“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett
Thanked by:

Zondor 

An excellent nutrition website by Michael Greger, MD.
https://nutritionfacts.org/

Here's something very important to think about for starters.

98% of American Diets Potassium Deficient | NutritionFacts.org
Not rational to obsess about micronutrients without thinkng about macronutrients, the ones needed in large amounts.

Need to loOoOOOse weight? Exercise all you want. But it's mostly based on type and quantity of food intake. I could tell you about the results of combining of hundreds of miles per week of bike riding with self indulgent overeating.

This site advocates a paleo style diet with a heavy emphasis on plant based foods. With numerous references to scientific papers to back that up.

Prof. Albert Bartlett
Thanked by:

kronie 
NYC + NY / USA

Platform: "I trade, therefore, I AM!"; Theme Song: "Atomic Dog!"
Trading: EMD, 6J, ZB

Zondor View Post
An excellent nutrition website by Michael Greger, MD.
NutritionFacts.org | The Latest in Nutrition Related Research

Here's something very important to think about for starters.

98% of American Diets Potassium Deficient | NutritionFacts.org
Not rational to obsess about micronutrients without thinkng about macronutrients, the ones needed in large amounts.

outstanding comments;

Orthomolecular Holistic treatments are another way in which one achieves "macro - nutrients", or at least how other discussion panels have deemed the discussion

Potassium and similar minerals have long been used in lieu of blood pressure medicines...

another excellent source and discussion panel, here in NY, are hosted by radio, website and direct access (in store and phone consultations) by Willner Chemists

Welcome to Willner Chemists

or browse the most excellent print publication online, however, getting your own copy in the mail has another impressive effect of bringing one up to date with current cutting edge products - simply a must have

Willner Winter Sale 2013

you can see the pages, waiting to be turned and read, just delve in!

GHTY!

(good health to you!)

cheers

Zondor 

Do whatever you can to reduce your risk of getting cancer.

Beware of chemotherapy, which offers false hope at a cruel price. I would call it a fraud and a scam.

The Cancer-Industrial Complex was not created to benefit cancer patients, and is loathe to do anything that would reduce its supply of customers (or should I say, hosts).

I just reread Questioning Chemotherapy by Ralph Moss last night. Depressing. Since that book was written, the amount of money wasted on that barbaric quackery has increased by a factor of ten.

Did you know that Lasker, who started the American Cancer Society, was the ad man behind Lucky Strike®? Lucky Strike means fine tobacco!®

Who exactly were Sloan and Kettering again? Let's think about how the automobile, petrochemical, and related industries have affected cancer incidence.

Cancer Options

Quoting 
In 1991, Dr. Albert Braverman, Professor of Hematology and Oncology at the State University of New York, Brooklyn, published an article in Lancet titled "Medical Oncology in the 1990s," in which he wrote: "The time has come to cut back on the clinical investigation of new chemotherapeutic regimens for cancer and to cast a critical eye on the way chemotherapeutic treatment is now being administered."

Dr. Braverman says that there is no solid tumor incurable in 1976 that is curable today. Dr. Moss confirms this and claims that the greatest breakthrough in the objective study of chemotherapy came from a biostatistician at the University of Heidelberg, Dr. Ulrich Abel. His critique focused on whether chemotherapy effectively prolonged survival in advanced epithelial cancer. His answer was that it is not effective. He summarized and extended his findings and concluded that chemotherapy overall is ineffective. A recent search turned up exactly zero reviews of his work in American journals, even though it was published in 1990. The belief is that this is not because his work was unimportant -- but because it's irrefutable.

Prof. Albert Bartlett

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

The 11 Scariest Things in Your Food

By Bill Phillips and the Editors of Men's Health

I always tell my daughters they can make a difference in the world, even at their tender ages of 10 and 7. To them, I probably sound like the teacher fromPeanuts—they're more interested in soccer and American Girl right now—but I hope the lesson eventually sinks in.

My latest example of a kid heroics for them: 15-year-old Sarah Kavanagh from Hattiesburg, Mississippi, who gathered more than 200,000 signatures in her online petition asking Gatorade to remove a controversial flame-retardant chemical. Last week, Gatorade announced that they would be removing the ingredient, brominated vegetable oil (BVO), within the next couple of months. That's great news—especially for me personally, because I love the stuff! Actually, so do my daughters.

While Gatorade spokeswoman Molly Carter said the decision wasn’t in response to Sarah’s petition, the teen is claiming victory. Either way, we all win.

Truth is, chemicals that are used as weed killer, flame retardant, and sunscreen are startlingly common in your supermarket. But you won’t find “carcinogens,” “paint chemicals,” or “beaver anal gland juice” on the back panel. They’ll be hidden under names like “Butylated HydroxyAnisole” or “natural flavoring.” Break through the science experiment to find out what you’re really eating.

Here are the 11 scariest ingredients in your food:
Acesulfame Potassium (Acesulfame-K)
WHAT IT IS: A calorie-free artificial sweetener 200 times sweeter than sugar. It is often used with other artificial sweeteners to mask a bitter aftertaste. FOUND IN: More than 5,000 food products worldwide, including diet soft drinks and no-sugar-added ice cream. Click here to discover The Strange Reason Diet Soda Makes You Fat . WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Although the FDA has approved it for use in most foods, many health and industry insiders claim that the decision was based on flawed tests. Animal studies have linked the chemical to lung and breast tumors and thyroid problems.

Aspartame
WHAT IT IS: A near-zero-calorie artificial sweetener made by combining two amino acids with methanol. Most commonly used in diet soda, aspartame is 180 times sweeter than sugar. FOUND IN: More than 6,000 grocery items including diet sodas, yogurts, and the table-top sweeteners NutraSweet and Equal. (Did you know that most flavored yogurt is a step above ice cream? Find out the 25 New Healthy Foods That Aren’t .) WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Over the past 30 years, the FDA has received thousands of consumer complaints due mostly to neurological symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, memory loss, and, in rare cases, epileptic seizures. Many studies have shown aspartame to be completely harmless, while others indicate that the additive might be responsible for a range of cancers.

Titanium Dioxide
WHAT IT IS: A component of the metallic element titanium commonly used in paints and sunscreens. The food industry adds it to hundreds of products to make overly processed items appear whiter. FOUND IN: Processed salad dressing, coffee creamers, and icing. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Titanium is a mined substance that's sometimes contaminated with toxic lead. Plus, most white dressings (like creamy ranch) aren’t great for you anyway. Both your health and your waistline will fare better if you go with an olive oil- or vinegar-based salad topper instead.

Glyphosphate
WHAT IT IS: The active ingredient in the popular week killer Roundup. It’s used on corn and soy crops genetically engineered to withstand a heavy dousing of the chemical. FOUND IN: Most nonorganic packaged foods containing corn- and soy-derived ingredients. Because it’s a systemic herbicide, it’s taken up by the plant—meaning you eat it. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Glyphosphate exposure is linked to obesity, learning disabilities, and infertility.

Butylated HydroxyAnisole (BHA)
WHAT IT IS: A petroleum-derived antioxidant used to preserve fats and oils. FOUND IN: Beer, crackers, cereals, butter, and foods with added fats. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Studies have shown BHA to cause cancer in the forestomachs of rats, mice, and hamsters. The Department of Health and Human Services classifies the preservative as "reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen."

Interesterified Fat
WHAT IT IS: A semi-soft fat created by chemically blending fully hydrogenated and non-hydrogenated oils. It was developed in response to the public demand for an alternative to trans fats. FOUND IN: Pastries, pies, margarine, frozen dinners, and canned soups. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Testing on these fats has not been extensive, but the early evidence doesn't look promising. A study by Malaysian researchers showed a 4-week diet of 12 percent interesterified fats increased the ratio of LDL to HDL cholesterol. Furthermore, this study showed an increase in blood glucose levels and a decrease in insulin response.

Red #3 (Erythrosine) and Red #40 (Allura Red)
WHAT THEY ARE: Food dyes that are orange-red and cherry red, respectively. Red #40 is the most widely used food dye in America. FOUND IN: Fruit cocktail,candy, chocolate cake, cereal, beverages, pastries, maraschino cherries, and fruit snacks. (Confused by now about what you can eat? We scoured the supermarket for the 125 Best Packaged Foods in America .) WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: The FDA has proposed a ban on Red #3 in the past, but so far the agency has been unsuccessful in implementing it. After the dye was inextricably linked to thyroid tumors in rat studies, the FDA managed to have the liquid form of the dye removed from external drugs and cosmetics.

Yellow #5 (Tartrazine) and Yellow #6 (Sunset Yellow)
WHAT THEY ARE: The second and third most common food colorings, respectively. FOUND IN: Cereal, pudding, bread mix, beverages, chips, cookies, and condiments. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Several studies have linked both dyes to learning and concentration disorders in children, and there are piles of animal studies demonstrating potential risks such as kidney and intestinal tumors. One study found that mice fed high doses of sunset yellow had trouble swimming straight and righting themselves in water. The FDA does not view these as serious risks to humans.

Castoreum
WHAT IT IS: Beaver anal gland juice. Really. Beavers combine it with their urine to mark their territory. FOUND IN: Vanilla or raspberry flavoring in processed foods, labeled only as “natural flavoring.” WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: It’s beaver anal gland juice.

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

wldman View Post
I do take a statin. The top health priority now is to get off the statin medication asap.

Unless you already have a bad heart condition, statins do more harm then good. High cholesterol is a marker, not the cause of CVD. Also, I would say statins help by lowering inflammation not because they decrease the cholesterol level. But if you really have to take statins, take it with CoQ-10, because statins deprive the body of that. All doctors should subscribe statins with CoQ-10.

Now if you want to lower your cholesterol without statins, there is a cheap and healthy way. I used Niacin and fish oil with exercise and my cholesterol came down by 30%. But again, high cholesterol itself is not dangerous, it is the high tryglicerid with the combination of high VLDL that can cause CVD....

Fish oil also lowers trygs and generally good for joints and skin....

By the way there are lots of bad info in this thread....

aquarian1 View Post
To say that is is total BS is to call me a liar.

Actually, not. You can state a non-fact, without realizing it, then you are simply mistaken, mislead or misinformed. To be a liar, you have to know that what you say is not true. A very good example would be the very sentence I quoted from you.

I am glad I was able to clear that up for you...

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

I'm interested in whatever information you can provide on this.

Last Updated on June 18, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts