NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Health

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 93 posts (56 thanks)
    2. looks_two Zondor with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sandptrader with 29 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Itchymoku with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Pariah Carey with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Zondor with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 211,795 views
    2. thumb_up 215 thanks given
    3. group 45 followers
    1. forum 292 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Health

weeclemans
Moscow + Moscow Oblast/Russia

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 8

Has anybody seen the documentary film "House Of Numbers: Anatomy Of An Epidemic 2009"? What do you think of it?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease

In this video

at 1:36:17 he talks about non-alcoholic fatty liver disease

---------------
Wiki link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-alcoholic_fatty_liver_disease
-----------------------------
From Pubmed

Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is the hepatic manifestation of metabolic syndrome; its rising prevalence parallels the rise in obesity and diabetes. Historically thought to result from overnutrition and a sedentary lifestyle, recent evidence suggests that diets high in sugar (from sucrose and/or high-fructose corn syrup [HFCS]) not only increase the risk of NAFLD, but also non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Herein, we review the experimental and clinical evidence that fructose precipitates fat accumulation in the liver, due to both increased lipogenesis and impaired fat oxidation. Recent evidence suggests that the predisposition to fatty liver is linked to the metabolism of fructose by fructokinase C, which results in ATP consumption, nucleotide turnover and uric acid generation that mediate fat accumulation. Alterations to gut permeability, the microbiome, and associated endotoxemia contribute to the risk of NAFLD and NASH. Early clinical studies suggest that reducing sugary beverages and total fructose intake, especially from added sugars, may have a significant benefit on reducing hepatic fat accumulation. We suggest larger, more definitive trials to determine if lowering sugar/HFCS intake, and/or blocking uric acid generation, may help reduce NAFLD and its downstream complications of cirrhosis and chronic liver disease.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:443/29408694/

---------------
The following is an ad for a book
(https://www.reverseyourfattyliver.com/)

Do You Have Any Of These Symptoms?

Statistics say if you live in the US or Canada, there’s a 1 in 3 chance you have fatty liver, even if you were never formally diagnosed. If you experience ANY of these risk factors, your liver is literally crying for help…

You have extra weight on your belly, thighs, or hips
You have high cholesterol
You feel tired and sluggish
You have mental fog and trouble focusing your attention
Your vision is blurry or sensitive to light
Your back or right side are constantly sore
You have diarrhea or irregular bowel movements
You were diagnosed with Syndrome X or heart disease
You have dark or brown urine
You have insulin resistance or diabetes
You have trouble consuming alcohol
Your eyes or skin seem to have a yellowish tinge

If you answered yes to any of the above, and you are over age 45, there’s a higher than average chance you have fatty liver, which means this page was specifically written for you

How Do People Get Fatty Liver?

There are multiple reasons so many people are getting fatty liver, but the biggest by far has to do with our modern-day, over-processed, preservative-filled diet.

And that LONG list of symptoms? They just disappear once you restore your liver function…

Liver fat naturally dissolves and is safely flushed out of your body, along with the chance that you’ll contract something serious like cirrhosis or liver cancer.
Belly fat, love handles, and thighs shrink as your liver function and hormone levels return to their normal state when liver fat is expelled.
Your skin gets softer and blemishes begin to clear up. You may find yourself looking years younger because there are no poisons irritating your skin. If you suffer from eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis, it may completely dissipate on it’s own when your liver gets healthy.
You will likely experience greater focus and concentration because your brain isn’t filled with toxic, acidic blood. You’ll be more alert and think clearer. Some people even believe a healthy liver makes you more intelligent (I sure do).
Vision improves and you see more clearly, especially in low light (easier to drive at night). Colors become more vibrant, and if you wear glasses, you may not need as strong a prescription.
Many people sleep better, without drugs or constantly waking up. Start each morning well-rested and ready to make every day count.
Because your liver helps with digestion, stomach and bowel problems are often reduced. Fats, sugars, and toxins are quickly eliminated via your healthy digestive system, while important nutrients and minerals are absorbed to help your body thrive.
You might find yourself snapping out of depression and anger faster. Many people swear those feelings just melt away. Mood swings and stress may be significantly reduced as well.

And of course there are many improvements you can’t see, but you know are happening nonetheless

There are three main types of fatty liver disease people get…

Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) – Also known as “simple” fatty liver disease, NAFLD is the most common, and is probably what you have. It’s primarily caused by diet and exposure to environmental toxins like pollution and pesticides.
Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (AFLD) – AFLD is mainly from drinking too much alcohol, which literally kills your liver and replaces healthy cells with fatty deposits.
Non-Alcoholic Steatosis (NASH) – This is the most serious form of fatty liver, because it means some scarring has already occurred. It’s what I was diagnosed with. Left untreated, it can quickly turn into deadly cirrhosis and even liver-cancer, so my doctor wasn’t kidding when he said it could kill me.

Your Doctor Probably Won’t Be Much Help

Like I said before, the “official” story is that there’s no cure for fatty liver disease, which means you won’t get much help (or sympathy) from your doctor. In fact…

1. They might even blame you for your condition. When it comes to fatty liver, diabetes, heart problems, and weight issues, many doctors blame the patient, saying they have no self-control or they don’t exercise enough. The fact is though, most doctors refuse to admit how toxic our world has become, or how difficult it is to know which foods are actually healthy with all the conflicting information out there.

2. Misdiagnosis is common. The symptoms and physical ailments caused by fatty liver are so widespread and can appear so unrelated that your doctor may try to treat your SYMPTOMS just to move you through the system (and out of their office). This could actually make you much WORSE because any drug they prescribe is just one more toxin your already struggling liver has to deal with.

3. The information you receive is generic and useless. That’s what happened with me… My doctor kind of shrugged his shoulders after diagnosing me and handed me a photocopied pamphlet with generic info that wasn’t even specific to my condition. There was nothing about how I got it or how to get rid of it.

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Salasar
Toronto

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 10

Pariah Carey View Post
I’m working more and more on going to a whole grain and plant based diet. I don’t keep track of amounts but I estimate that over the last couple years it’s been 40-50%. Now I’m shooting for 70%. Most of my meals lately have been a whole grain like brown rice or quinoa topped with grilled vegetables, and a little meat on top. Most meat I have is chicken breast roasted in the slow cooker. Very seldom do I have pork and even more seldom red meat.

I eat fish two or three times a week. I have a few types that I prefer like grouper, halibut, salmon, tuna or snapper. The one absolute requirement is that it be wild caught. No matter the weather I grill fish outside because I can’t stand the smell of it cooking in the house. I just season both sides with some spices and salt, then sear with coconut and sesame oil. I’ll do like four minutes each side. Ahi tuna I do 90 seconds each side.

I make a lot of booze-related posts in my journal, but my alcohol consumption is usually pretty minimal. It’s usually only on vacations that I do any heavy drinking. More and more I’m going to simple drinks like red wine or beer. If I’m going to drink hard liquor it’s probably vodka. Sadly this means I must end my relationships with Jack and coke, and Cuba libres.

If you’re going to be this committed to healthy eating, you kind of have to eschew a social life. Just too much temptation when you're out to have fried food, alcohol, things like that. If I have 20 working days a month, at least 18 of them I pack my lunch and just eat at the office. Not only is it cheaper and saves time, I can control what I eat. You see pictures of guys who are these, like, fitness models and they have sculpted bodies and they talk about eating healthy and their diets and 30-day meal plans and crap like that. The level of sacrifice that takes is something most people just can’t comprehend.

But I enjoy eating healthy. You have to really cook if you’re going to do it, otherwise you’ll be miserable. You have to find ways to make meals taste good. For me that means slow roasting, and using different spices and generous helpings of garlic.
One more thing is that I usually use repellers by [COLOR="Black"]Everpest[/COLOR] to deter mosquitoes and cockroaches which transfer lots of diseases. In my opinion, it is also connected to health greatly and this issue can't be ignored.

Agree with you completely. I would also add that it is really important to sleep enough, that is more than 7 hours daily.

Last Updated on June 18, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts