NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Health

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 93 posts (56 thanks)
    2. looks_two Zondor with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sandptrader with 29 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Itchymoku with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Pariah Carey with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Zondor with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 190,471 views
    2. thumb_up 215 thanks given
    3. group 45 followers
    1. forum 292 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Health

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

Itchymoku View Post
I find it necessary to just force myself to eat vegetables or fruits when I have the urge for meats or carbohydrates. The result is that I feel lighter overall. Very hard to put my finger on the exact sensation but it definitely truncates extremes in thought or emotion. Another thing is that I don't feel bloated or lethargic after I eat even if it's a gigantic salad. I was addicted to getting stuffed too. There was something satisfying about it. Not necessarily getting full but just to the right spot where I was 4-5 months pregnant. I always wanted a baby just not like this.

I need to find it so I can post but I used to have this chart that showed different kind of urges for foods and what you should eat instead.

https://natureworksbest.com/naturopathy-works/food-cravings/

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
44 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

Experience: None
Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,681

tturner86 View Post
I need to find it so I can post but I used to have this chart that showed different kind of urges for foods and what you should eat instead.

Food Cravings - What To Do When You Crave Certain Food

is that it or was it different? It's interesting how it has foods for cravings for alcohol, drugs, and tobacco. I find myself sometimes when I crave alcoholic drinks it's a result of be being hungry and then when I eat the craving goes away. If only there was something I could do about my tailbone because I'm in excruciating pain sitting or laying. I think it was from the long car ride that I sat funny on my tailbone with my back arched backwards as an alternative to sitting upright and pinched a nerve but It's almost to the point where I might go see a doctor/hospital if it doesn't go away in a couple days. It's funny because I'd have to go on medical leave or get fired for this stupid issue if I had a normal office job because there's no way I can sit longer than an hour. I'm surprised this never happened to me before considering I sometimes sit that way after long periods of time trading or on my computer to shift the pain even though my chair is designed for 16+ hours of sitting.

R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

Itchymoku View Post
is that it or was it different? It's interesting how it has foods for cravings for alcohol, drugs, and tobacco. I find myself sometimes when I crave alcoholic drinks it's a result of be being hungry and then when I eat the craving goes away. If only there was something I could do about my tailbone because I'm in excruciating pain sitting or laying. I think it was from the long car ride that I sat funny on my tailbone with my back arched backwards as an alternative to sitting upright and pinched a nerve but It's almost to the point where I might go see a doctor/hospital if it doesn't go away in a couple days. It's funny because I'd have to go on medical leave or get fired for this stupid issue if I had a normal office job because there's no way I can sit longer than an hour. I'm surprised this never happened to me before considering I sometimes sit that way after long periods of time trading or on my computer to shift the pain even though my chair is designed for 16+ hours of sitting.

That's it, I edited in link once I found it.

Scalpingtrader 
Hanover, Germany
Legendary Amateur Trader

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3,144
Thanks Received: 5,147

Itchymoku View Post

In my office we have height-adjustable desks, so that one can choose and vary between sitting and standing.
Although I'm only in my early twenties - man, I tell you these things do miracles to backpaon, concentration and feeling 'stiff' after a couple of hours.

I usually end up standing most of the day, like maybe 6 of 9 hours or so.

And it's proven that standing a few more hours a day has a great eneficial impact on long term health as well (need to search that study later, exam in 3 hours :/ )

Maybe something to consider for you

Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

Scalpingtrader View Post
In my office we have height-adjustable desks, so that one can choose and vary between sitting and standing.
Although I'm only in my early twenties - man, I tell you these things do miracles to backpaon, concentration and feeling 'stiff' after a couple of hours.

I usually end up standing most of the day, like maybe 6 of 9 hours or so.

And it's proven that standing a few more hours a day has a great eneficial impact on long term health as well (need to search that study later, exam in 3 hours :/ )

Maybe something to consider for you

yeah man this is outta control and I have no idea whats wrong, the muscles / skin around my tail bone is starting to swell. difficult to lay down too. It's like a pain level 10 trying to get up or move after sitting down, getting in my car was almost impossible. But you know Sometimes weird things like this happen and then go away in a couple days so I'm just going to man up. Just find it weird because I don't remember falling at all. I'm going to avoid sitting as much as possible today.

Scalpingtrader 
Hanover, Germany
Legendary Amateur Trader

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 3,144
Thanks Received: 5,147

Itchymoku View Post
yeah man this is outta control and I have no idea whats wrong, the muscles / skin around my tail bone is starting to swell. difficult to lay down too. It's like a pain level 10 trying to get up or move after sitting down, getting in my car was almost impossible. But you know Sometimes weird things like this happen and then go away in a couple days so I'm just going to man up.

Swelling is definitely more than 'just' a stuck nerve...
Maybe you should visit the doc before it turns into sth chronic.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

The book and method that saved my life:

8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Foot

An irony: Esther's origins are from India, her methods have a foundation that is based on Indian ways of doing things, she teaches from the Bay Area (and many other places in USA, Europe, and now also in Mumbai), but I discovered her on Big Mike!

Thanked by:
 futuretrader 
Como Italy

Platform: Ninjatrader, customized
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 643

Itchymoku View Post
yeah man this is outta control and I have no idea whats wrong, the muscles / skin around my tail bone is starting to swell. difficult to lay down too. It's like a pain level 10 trying to get up or move after sitting down, getting in my car was almost impossible. But you know Sometimes weird things like this happen and then go away in a couple days so I'm just going to man up. Just find it weird because I don't remember falling at all. I'm going to avoid sitting as much as possible today.

Your spine is not something to risk; it can redefine your definition of level 10 pain over and over again. There are a lot of good back doctors and physical therapists in Philadelphia; you should really see one to try to find out what's going on even if this suddenly goes away.

The vast majority of people with back trouble get better through physical therapy, changed habits, and time.

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

GMO Insulin Causes Type 1 Diabetes in Type 2 Diabetics, Study Finds

Quoting 
Now, a new study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism titled, "Insulin administration may trigger type 1 diabetes in Japanese type 2 diabetes patients with type 1 diabetes high-risk HLA class II and the insulin gene VNTR genotype," is shedding light on a possible explanation for why insulin treatment may accelerate morbidity and mortality in type 2 diabetics. The study revealed that giving genetically susceptible type 2 diabetes patients recombinant insulin can trigger their bodies to target their own insulin producing cells for autoimmune destruction, effectively producing 'double diabetes': type 1 and type 2, as a result.

It's nice to see that there are so many experts here offering speculative advice and telepathic diagnoses regarding a member's severe lower back pain but he obviously needs to see a professional, NOW.

"If we don't loosen up some money, this sucker is going down." -GW Bush, 2008
“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

iqgod View Post
The book and method that saved my life:

8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Foot

An irony: Esther's origins are from India, her methods have a foundation that is based on Indian ways of doing things, she teaches from the Bay Area (and many other places in USA, Europe, and now also in Mumbai), but I discovered her on Big Mike!

I didn't have my glasses on and I thought this was an interview with Bruce Lee

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 18, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts