NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Health

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 93 posts (56 thanks)
    2. looks_two Zondor with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sandptrader with 29 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Itchymoku with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Pariah Carey with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Zondor with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 190,471 views
    2. thumb_up 215 thanks given
    3. group 45 followers
    1. forum 292 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Health

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

If pressed to answer what makes up the couch foam we sit on, most of us would shrug our shoulders and reply it's foam and air, but most of us would be dead wrong. As it turns out, there is a third component very few of us know about: our couch foam is up to 11% by weight flame retardant chemicals. And according to two new studies released today in Environmental Science and Technology, these chemicals are not necessarily guests you'd have invited into your home for Thanksgiving or otherwise. One such chemical, Tris, was banned from children's clothing in the 1970s because of concern over its ability to cause cancer, one is the globally-banned pentaBDE, a known hormone disruptor and neurotoxin in animals. And still others are completely untested for safety, despite structural similarities to known carcinogens and other toxic substances.

source:
Worse Than Bedbugs, It s the Couch Itself - Yahoo! News

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

One of its many benefits is helping to remove bromine from the body. The element bromine and its salts are among the most harmful components of upholstery flame retardants. Bromine compounds are also common food contaminants. (Consider a house with wooden floors, wool rugs, and Shaker furniture.) Iodine also helps rid the body of mercury and fluoride.

Iodine deficiency is a prime suspect in fiborcystic disease, breast cancer, and prostate cancer. Low rates of these conditions in Japan correlate to high levels of seaweed derived iodine in the Japanese diet.

The Medical Industrial Complex is only interested in treatments involving expensive patented drugs and medical devices. Any readily accessible, low cost lifestyle changes that would reduce the demand for these goods are ridiculed, disparaged, demonized, and discouraged, if not totally forbidden.

There is no money to be made treating iodine deficiency. Lugol's solution cannot be patented because it goes back to 1820. Most pharmacists don't even know what it is. Must be too new.

The use of iodized salt as a public health measure to control goiter epidemics goes back a hundred years. But a lot of people are not getting enough iodine from salt anymore. Seems that test results indicate that 90%+ of Americans are not getting enough. The RDA is way too low.

Dr. David Brownstein on Iodine - YouTube

David Brownstein, an MD, has a very disarming, low key way of speaking. For you midwesterners, his practice is in West Bloomfield, Michigan. The Midwestern United States near the Great Lakes used to be called "The Goiter Belt". Soils there are particularly low in iodine.

Don't forget about Vitamin D, another one that has endemic deficiency.

If you follow only mainstream medical advice and accept the mendacious safety assurances of the chemical industry, you will age prematurely, die young, and never know what hit you. You might even start to look like Goiter Boy. Even considering my eyes, Mr. Wax Face looks worse than I do. And my tie is snappier than his.

"If we don't loosen up some money, this sucker is going down." -GW Bush, 2008
“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

@Zondor

Thanks very much great post!!

I had forgotten about Lugol's.

I have idodine drops from when there was the Japan meltdown.
I'll start taking them again.

Once again thanks.

xiaosi 
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Platform: JIGSAW/SIERRA CHART
Broker: MacQuarie Futures/AMP Clearing/CQG
Trading: HHI, HSI, FDAX
Thanks Given: 448
Thanks Received: 535

My goodness, this thread is so depressing...

I live in Asia and i eat allot of salt, which is iodized. Does this help? Also, I'm drinking heavily calcified water....must be good as well?

Thanks for an interesting yet shocking thread mate. So sorry about your brother...

XS

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Zondor 

The Medical Industrial Complex does not exist for your benefit, Beware.

The Starfield Revelation Jon Rappoport's Blog

Quoting 
Like much of America, they accept the cliches and slogans about American medicine. “It’s the best in the world.” “People are being denied treatment.” “We must take care of our citizens.”

How about this far more accurate slogan: “Let’s force more Americans to die in the care of doctors.”

The American healthcare system, like clockwork, causes a mind-boggling number of deaths every year.

On July 26, 2000, the US medical community received a titanic shock, when one of its most respected public-health experts, Dr. Barbara Starfield, revealed her findings on healthcare in America. Starfield was associated with the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.

The Starfield study, “Is US health really the best in the world?”, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, came to the following conclusions:

Every year in the US there are:

12,000 deaths from unnecessary surgeries;

7,000 deaths from medication errors in hospitals;

20,000 deaths from other errors in hospitals;

80,000 deaths from infections acquired in hospitals;

106,000 deaths from FDA-approved correctly prescribed medicines.

The total of medically-caused deaths in the US every year is 225,000.

2.5 MILLION PEOPLE KILLED PER DECADE.

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/murder-in-the-medical-matrix-the-fda/

Quoting 

The day of the Smoking Gun has arrived.

The discovery of a page, on the FDA’s own website, proves the FDA is fully aware that:

the drugs it certifies as safe have been killing Americans, at the rate of 100,000 per year.

https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/DevelopmentResources/DrugInteractionsLabeling/ucm114848.htm

The FDA website page is currently available under the heading, “Why Learn About Adverse Drug Reactions.”

The FDA takes no blame, no responsibility for its own actions, and yet it admits the death statistics are accurate.

As an investigative reporter, I have been tracking and writing about pharmaceutically-caused deaths for 10 years. I have, on numerous occasions, cited Dr. Barbara Starfield’s report in the July 26th, 2000, Journal of the American Medical Association, in which she presents the figure of 106,000 deaths per year, in America, as a direct result of these drugs. I have claimed that the federal government and, in particular, the FDA, are aware of these numbers.

And now the page on the FDA’s own website confirms the death toll. Yet, nowhere do we see the FDA taking one shred of responsibility for this ongoing holocaust.

“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett

quantismo 
Waco TX.

Platform: retired ...maybe
Trading: anything with the slightest edge..
Thanks Given: 335
Thanks Received: 176

I though I would just toss this out there since I spent many 15 years suffering with both of these diseases and do not suffer from these diseases at all when I figured out what causes both of them. My Acid Reflux was so bad that even taking prescription Nexium I still would burn through a large bottle of ant-acids in a week and that went on for years while also suffering from Crohn's that when it flaired up felt like a knife being stuck in my abdomen.
I have a couple other health problems that when they flaired up also just made me feel like I was about to die any minute for years.
What I found after years of research to get better was that I needed to give up Milk and Milk products , All red meats and eat very limited white meat , drink lots of water and most of all eat as close as you can to being a vegitarian. I am a foody and love to eat so ocasionally I have one meal that is toxic to my body Like Thanksgiving , Christmas ham etc.
I eat a tasty granola type cereal I found(most granola cereals taste like crap) and use coconout or soy milk to eat it almost everyday for breakfast. As I am a full time trader I dont burn alot of calories so it can carry me to dinner with snacks of carrots and celery in between. If you are suffering with either of these conditions and want to know anything more feel free to ask or send a pm.

Quantismo..

Zondor 

Thanks for last post Q, nice to hear that you put those problems behind you.

Not that it is necessarily related to your problem, but old time doc's would often use hydrochloric acid in pill form as a treatment for stomach problems. Stomach acid production tends to DECREASE, not increase with age. The resultant incomplete and ineffective digestion can cause all kinds of havoc.

There is not much reason to think that HYPO acidity is much less common now than it was in the old days. But prescription acid inhibitors are a lot more profitable than good old HCl. You just wouldn't want to spill any on your brightly colored Ming necktie.

An important thing to consider is that HYPO acidity, especially if exacerbated by high tech patent nostrums, can cause malabsorption and malnutrition.

Reflux can be a real downer, leads to esophogeal cancer. Which killed a buddy of mine.

Prof. Albert Bartlett

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

xiaosi View Post

I live in Asia and i eat allot of salt, which is iodized. Does this help? Also, I'm drinking heavily calcified water....must be good as well?

Thanks for an interesting yet shocking thread mate. So sorry about your brother...

XS

Here on the other hand we have the Food Channel that promotes chefs like Paula Dean.
In one show she will use as much butter and sugar that a small island uses for a year.
"Go Supreme with the Donuts"!
Paula Deen's heart attack - YouTube

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]

Zondor 

A close relative who was being treated with Lipitor® developed a devastating and fatal brain wasting disease. Now I read that there is a known association between statin drugs and ALS, similar to her condition.

These drugs are "the standard of care" and a gold mine. One of the corrupt side effects of government involvement in a fascistic medical-industrial power nexus is that doctors are FORCED to dispense drugs that are considered "the standard of care". So Obamacare will accomplish one thing for sure: more people will be killed by doctors.

And with each death Ming is one step closer to his goal: "I am Ming the Merciless, and I will RULE THE UNIVERSE.".

How many prescription poisons do YOU take every day? If you are not supporting The System, what good are you?

Watch those drug ads on TV, pick some conditions that interest you, and ASK YOUR DOCTOR®.

From the blog of Dr. David Brownstein - Holistic Family Medicine:

Quoting 
Conventional medicine has succeeded in convincing doctors and patients that we all need to lower our cholesterol levels in order to reduce our risk of developing heart disease. However, this is no long-term data that shows that lowering your cholesterol level by taking a medication reduces your mortality rate. In fact, the best studies of statin medications show they can lower the risk of developing a non-fatal heart attack by about 1% after two or three years of use. That is the benefit of taking a medication that poisons a crucial enzyme in the body and has been associated with an increased in cancer, ALS, muscle aches and pains, as well as a decline in mental function...

There are numerous studies showing that there is an inverse correlation between cholesterol levels and the death rate in people over 59 years old. That means an elevated cholesterol level protects the elderly...

Prof. Albert Bartlett

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

xiaosi View Post

XS

Thanks re my brother - still hard to believe he is gone...

Sorry about depressing thread...
I meant to post health positive things like tumeric etc - no scanner at the moment.
(I got sidetracked by the that pharmacist guy -- but I'll try to post some positive stuff.. soon......

calcified water sounds good.
I'm trying to up my calcium with tablets which I crush in a motor and pestal. Then add a little water and make a paste. I brush my teeth with it (after brushing with baking soda and salt) and as of yesterday I'm having a bit in water at each meal.

Last Updated on June 18, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts