NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Should vendors be allowed to become Elite Members?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ThatManFromTexas with 5 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 wldman with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Xav1029 with 3 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rk142 with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ThatManFromTexas with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Xav1029 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 12,032 views
    2. thumb_up 28 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 45 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Should vendors be allowed to become Elite Members?

Luger 
Nashville, TN

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: NQ ES
Thanks Given: 323
Thanks Received: 543

I don't think that keeping vendors out of the elite section would be a sufficient deterrent for the activities you would be attempting to prevent. The bad people would still do bad things, but good people would be removed from the elite conversations.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Xav1029 
Tampa, FL

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra Chart
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E, M6E, 6J
Thanks Given: 1,452
Thanks Received: 3,377

ThatManFromTexas View Post
@Xav1029

That's why in spite of @Zondor's pleading... I still write slow inefficient code... that'll teach them thieving bastards....

I have been a "victim" of @Zondor 's optimization

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Xav1029 
Tampa, FL

Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra Chart
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E, M6E, 6J
Thanks Given: 1,452
Thanks Received: 3,377

Maybe we could start a futures.io (formerly BMT) Black List. If we find ANY vendor who has hijacked futures.io (formerly BMT) work, we could list them on the Black List.

Thanked by:
 eman 
Galveston ,TX

Platform: NT7
Broker: Zaner
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 364
Thanks Received: 435

Luger View Post
I don't think that keeping vendors out of the elite section would be a sufficient deterrent for the activities you would be attempting to prevent. The bad people would still do bad things, but good people would be removed from the elite conversations.

as one recently adorned with the Purple-V (should i now hang my head in shame? haha) ... i think that @Luger's comment pretty much sums up my thinking.

imo, the futures.io (formerly BMT) community does an incredibly good job of policing itself and calling b******t on anything that smells fishy.

perhaps you could add a question to your registration that explicitly asks if you are a vendor. there was no such checkbox that i recall when i registered.

cheers,
-e

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,988

I love this democracy and free for all. Some get away with the biggest crimes.

According to the Sharia Law, you must cut the left hand of the thief the first time he steals and the right hand for the second time, and so on. Nothing is more severe than adultery (equivalent to stealing indicators), they chop the head off.

Thanked by:
 caryn23 
Miami/FL/USA

Platform: Ninja
Trading: FDAX,TF,EMD
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 40

As an elite member i have to say something,I spent lots and lots of $$$ buying Indicators from Vendors and
after i become an Elite members i found out that whatever i bought from those "Vendors"were in futures.io (formerly BMT) for $50
(for a life time).As much as its made me mad and upset,i am happy that i found GOOD members and Vendors
Like @Fat Tails,However,any Vendor can pay $50 and become an Elite member,copy the indicators and sell them,
If he will be caught,he will ask his friend,wife,brother to become an Elite member and he will do it all over again!

I don't think there is any way to stop it

I just hope that more traders will know about futures.io (formerly BMT),sign up and enjoy the benefits for their own good and not
be fool like i was

srgtroy 
Los Angeles, California Republic
Legendary  R.I.P. 1965-2023 

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,375
Thanks Received: 3,722

Xav1029 View Post
Maybe we could start a futures.io (formerly BMT) Black List. If we find ANY vendor who has hijacked futures.io (formerly BMT) work, we could list them on the Black List.

I think this is the way to go. For reasons that others have explained, preventing vendors from becoming elite members doesn't really work on a practical level. But maintaining a Black List might deter any potential criminal vendor from stealing as it could threaten them with a loss of credibility to a large potential user base and hurt their business.

While any user could point to a potential offender for others to review, Mike would have to be the final arbiter of whether a vendor makes the Black List or not.

R.I.P. Roy Goldberg (srgtroy), 1965-2023.
Please visit [url="https://nexusfi.com/off-topic/60226-srgtroy-r-i-p-brotha.html[/url] for more information.

MWinfrey 
Lubbock TX

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Stage 5 Trading
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 1,450
Thanks Received: 3,335

Seems the only thing gained by any effort to police the theft of elite work would keep the honest...honest but do nothing to deter the dishonest.

You can't legislate behavior.

Rules do very little to influence the people who care about the difference between right and wrong.
Rules do very little to influence the people who DO NOT care about the difference between right and wrong.

Just a few of my random thoughts that probably mean very little...

I say let them join and police them after they screw up.

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

I encountered also "Robin Hood" programmers who also rip-off honest vendors and post it on forums.
Sadly, dishonesty can come from many directions.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]

Nicolas11 
near Paris, France

Platform: -
Trading: -
Thanks Given: 2,232
Thanks Received: 1,769

Hi,

On this topic, I fully agree with @Luger. It was so nicely put that I simply copy/paste his message (and thank him!).

Luger View Post

Nicolas

Last Updated on September 17, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts