NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Should vendors be allowed to become Elite Members?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ThatManFromTexas with 5 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 wldman with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Xav1029 with 3 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rk142 with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ThatManFromTexas with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Xav1029 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 12,032 views
    2. thumb_up 28 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 45 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Should vendors be allowed to become Elite Members?

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

Harry @Fat Tails I do not know what his product or service is, but I can say almost unconditionally that I'd endorse it. This, I'm sure, is not a Fat Tails rule.

On a personal level, my own insecurity prevents me from publishing or even posting a screenshot that contains things that I view as even remotely proprietary in nature. I wish I could get over that. Not because I "seek" a "following", but because I've made so many errors and paid so much in "tuition" over the years that it is a shame others can't learn from my mistakes.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,348

@Big Mike

Let Vendors join... just charge them more...

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"

Xav1029 
Tampa, FL

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra Chart
Trading: 6E, M6E, 6J
Thanks Given: 1,452
Thanks Received: 3,377

As long as the same rules apply about self promotion and they didn't copy elite downloads and try to profit from them, I would be OK with it. It just kills me when I see an indicator on a vendor's website that only takes 10 minutes to code and they are charging $100. I might lose it if a saw a blatant duplicate of someone's hard work on this forum being sold somewhere else.

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,563

There is NO chance to prevent futures.io (formerly BMT) readers to copy parts of the bits offered here - be it on normal or on Elite section.
If a vendor decides to get some code - nothing simpler than that:
just logging in with another member name - DONE...

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

If they are going to use the social network for their own personal commercial gain then perhaps it is only fair they give something back in return, in the form of some quality indicators so people can see the quality of their product before sending them money. Fat Tails is a prime example of how that relationship can work well for everybody.

vvhg 
Northern Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Trading: FDAX, CL
Thanks Given: 1,016
Thanks Received: 2,824

I think it would not prevent theft to not let them become elite members. It is jut too easy to circumvent.

Furthermore, I have seen some vendors contributing substantially and profoundly to elite threads, it would be a shame to limit this in the future. After all, some vendors became vendors because they have great knowledge in some field. Contributing in their respective field of expertise (without giving away their secret sauce or promoting their product) can be a huge benefit to the futures.io (formerly BMT) community. Just read some threads about market data reporting/structure or tape reading and you should get my point....

Vvhg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hic Rhodos, hic salta.
Thanked by:

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

Big Mike View Post
Today they are allowed to become Elite Members.

I am asking for a discussion on whether or not that should change.

All Elite Members are already instructed to not share any Elite content outside of the Elite section. But we all know that some vendors take the code developed here, and then resell their own version of it. We also all know that some vendors are better than others, and would never do that.

I am trying to stay neutral and solicit feedback from others. So I won't comment further and instead would like to hear from everyone else.

Mike

This will not stop the unscrupulous from stealing elite code here and selling it elsewhere. They don't have to register as a vendor to have access to elite indicators. They can create multiple accounts and anonymously steal stuff up and down.

If you want to deter from stealing elite indicators, there should not be elite indicators. All code should be freely available to anyone on the site, because no one will pay for re-packaged indicators that they can get for free. None of my indicators are in the elite section, and most are also on the NT support site. You can take them and try to sell them, but any user who does even a little bit of due diligence should be able to find them free before dishing out any cash.

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

Vendors who want to grab content would not come in as vendors.
Participants who actually admit to being vendors would not resort to that..I think.

Matt

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Thanked by:

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,348

Xav1029 View Post
.... It just kills me when I see an indicator on a vendor's website that only takes 10 minutes to code and they are charging $100. I might lose it if a saw a blatant duplicate of someone's hard work on this forum being sold somewhere else.

@Xav1029

That's why in spite of @Zondor's pleading... I still write slow inefficient code... that'll teach them thieving bastards....

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"
Thanked by:
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

Well, I can't program, but I can copy and paste... I'm going VENDOR - bring the indicator price wars

Xav1029 View Post
As long as the same rules apply about self promotion and they didn't copy elite downloads and try to profit from them, I would be OK with it. It just kills me when I see an indicator on a vendor's website that only takes 10 minutes to code and they are charging $100. I might lose it if a saw a blatant duplicate of someone's hard work on this forum being sold somewhere else.

Last Updated on September 17, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts