NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jaguar trading club (protradered.blogspot.com) w/Ed Abreu

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tradermark2009 with 36 posts (59 thanks)
    2. looks_two pvlee with 30 posts (60 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tellytub with 15 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 opentrdr with 13 posts (34 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one arafg with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two opentrdr with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 pvlee with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tradermark2009 with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 84,552 views
    2. thumb_up 338 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 193 posts
    2. attach_file 18 attachments

Search this Thread

Jaguar trading club (protradered.blogspot.com) w/Ed Abreu

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

pvlee View Post
His broker must be disappointed as well. I think he uses Optimus Futures

Unless @mattz endorses him in some way, I don't think that matters. But being a NinjaTrader partner with a listing and affiliation is more of a concern, at least to me. I will stay out of whether he is a fraud or not, I am just concerned in all the unhappy customers - there seems to be a pattern which warrants some investigation.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

pvlee 
Hertfordshire England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Trading: DAX
Thanks Given: 96
Thanks Received: 165

Big Mike View Post
Unless @mattz endorses him in some way, I don't think that matters. But being a NinjaTrader partner with a listing and affiliation is more of a concern, at least to me. I will stay out of whether he is a fraud or not, I am just concerned in all the unhappy customers - there seems to be a pattern which warrants some investigation.

Mike

Hey Mike, I believe you were a club member once. What did you think of his mentoring?

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

pvlee View Post
Hey Mike, I believe you were a club member once. What did you think of his mentoring?

I can't recommend it. Not going to say anything further, do your own research and reach your own conclusions.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

Big Mike View Post
Personally, I am more interested in what @NinjaTrader will do given the negative feedback from his customers. I believe he is a NinjaTrader partner, perhaps someone can verify that to be true or not. Their decision will have a bigger impact on protecting consumers.

Mike

ninja will do nothing, they run on 'go along to get along' philosophy.

Thanked by:

pvlee 
Hertfordshire England

Platform: NT
Trading: DAX
Thanks Given: 96
Thanks Received: 165

Big Mike View Post
I can't recommend it. Not going to say anything further, do your own research and reach your own conclusions.

Mike

It's just a shame that new inexperienced traders are throwing their money and time away on his b*llsh1t. New gullible traders think it is very possible to make 20 trades a day and have 19 winners and 1 loser on a daily basis.

Thanked by:
xylem
LONDON UK

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 13

As amember of the club i Just want to say to all the haters
He is a fantastic mentor trader and great guy in general....

Sorry I just wanted someone to take the other side of this frauds argument... Apparently he has absolutely noone who can vouch for him including himself...

He should be charged for misselling products or something.

opentrdr 
Phoenix, AZ

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 34

I think I speak for all the "disgruntled" (Ed's words directly from his email today) ex-members of The Jaguar Trading Club. We all want a couple of things from Ed:

1) Allow members to view all of your trades on your screens with the DOM visible. Ed states directly on his blog that "YOU CAN WATCH OVER MY SHOULDER AS I TRADE IN THE LIVE MARKET". If Ed is not showing all his trades then that alone is deceptive advertising. He is selling a service that he is not delivering. Ed, if you are viewing this I have all of your blogs with each page copied. If you take something down, I will know it.

2) Be transparent = don't hide behind other members trading screens claiming to make all this money - NO ONE CARES.

3) If you're such a coward and cannot show your own screens at least do the members a favor by telling them when and where you are getting into a trade and WHY - the members just want some of your vastly accumulated knowledge.

4) Stop posting your trade blog - it means nothing if you post it every 10 seconds, you can still create a fake report. I am 100% convinced that you're creating fake reports.

5) If you say that you will no longer be taking new clients (from your own video posted of Kenneth's supposed success story) then stay true to your word and stop.

6) POST AN EXPORT OF YOUR LOG IN EXCEL - let everyone see that you are logging out and then back in to create your fraudulent trading reports.

7) Ed states that his trades are mostly real-as in cash trades that are transacted on an exchange. I would like to know if they are real or SIM. I also think regulators would like to know.

I would like to ask everyone who is viewing this thread who is an ex-member if they are really serious about trying to get their money back. I am willing to start the process. Ed WILL NOT STOP his blog unless an attorney general or another larger government agency steps in to stop him. He has over $3K of my money and I want it back. It is worth it to me to file a suit and contact someone regarding his business practice. I have at least 2 very valid arguments why I am entitled to a refund and damages. If you contact me please only do so if you're serious.

Thanked by:
 toulouse-lautrec 
Europe

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 53

well, for starters, i dont think his paintings are too bad

a couple of years ago i was in touch with one of his students. He told me he witnessed Ed deleting a bad trade out of Ninjatraders execution history. I didnt believe him and ignored his remark.
After reading the latest positings on this thread i tried reproducing that out of curiosity but was unsuccessful. Maybe i am doing it wrong or the person was just talking bs. My NT version is 7.0.1000.25 so maybe this "feature" did work in the past and has been removed now ... who knows.

i dont know much about "protrader Ed" but have seen him trading live many years ago when he was partnering with the Bluewave guy, and what i remember is that he had a decent performance.

EDIT looks like others have found out about the doctoring of the trades already and have posted in the thread a few pages back. sorry i didnt read all of the thread and was not aware when i posted above.

opentrdr 
Phoenix, AZ

xylem View Post
As amember of the club i Just want to say to all the haters
He is a fantastic mentor trader and great guy in general....

Sorry I just wanted someone to take the other side of this frauds argument... Apparently he has absolutely noone who can vouch for him including himself...

He should be charged for misselling products or something.

Xylem-no need to apologize. There are numerous posts (I have posted several) in this thread where members of Ed's club have taken their time to document how they feel, what transpired and why they think Ed needs to be stopped. I am one of them. I don't want an argument, but would like to read a well written account as to why you feel the way you do. I think it is important to hear from someone that claims Ed helped them and what specifically Ed did to change their trading for the better. Please respond.

Also, I don't understand your statement: "He should be charged for misselling products or something" - please elaborate.

Thanks.

opentrdr 
Phoenix, AZ

toulouse-lautrec View Post
well, for starters, i dont think his paintings are too bad

a couple of years ago i was in touch with one of his students. He told me he witnessed Ed deleting a bad trade out of Ninjatraders execution history. I didnt believe him and ignored his remark.
After reading the latest positings on this thread i tried reproducing that out of curiosity but was unsuccessful. Maybe i am doing it wrong or the person was just talking bs. My NT version is 7.0.1000.25 so maybe this "feature" did work in the past and has been removed now ... who knows.

i dont know much about "protrader Ed" but have seen him trading live many years ago when he was partnering with the Bluewave guy, and what i remember is that he had a decent performance.

NO BS. Here are the precise instructions. Start Ninja. Place a bunch of SIM trades (good and bad). Disconnect from your data provider. Reconnect. Go to the executions tab and delete the losing trades. You are now a trading god and can charge $3,500 for anyone willing to believe you. Simple. Oh, I forgot-I am using V7.0.1000.25 (Live)

Last Updated on October 22, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts