NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Federal Reserve

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 11 posts (12 thanks)
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 9 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 5 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 syxforex with 4 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one websouth with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Gary with 8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,268 views
    2. thumb_up 88 thanks given
    3. group 12 followers
    1. forum 53 posts
    2. attach_file 10 attachments

Search this Thread

The Federal Reserve

Gary 
Near Dallas, Texas, US

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ZenFire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 502
Thanks Received: 2,239

Here is an article on 10 things that every American should know about the Federal Reserve:
10 Things That Every American Should Know About The Federal Reserve - Business Insider

What did you know? What do you think? Why don't more people know these things?

From the article:

#1 The Federal Reserve System Is A Privately Owned Banking Cartel
#2 The Federal Reserve System Is A Perpetual Debt Machine
#3 The Federal Reserve Has Destroyed More Than 96% Of The Value Of The U.S. Dollar
#4 The Federal Reserve Can Bail Out Whoever It Wants To With No Accountability
#5 The Federal Reserve Is Paying Banks Not To Lend Money
#6 The Federal Reserve Creates Artificial Economic Bubbles That Are Extremely Damaging
#7 The Federal Reserve System Is Dominated By The Big Wall Street Banks
#8 It Is Not An Accident That We Saw The Personal Income Tax And The Federal Reserve System Both Come Into Existence In 1913
#9 The Current Federal Reserve Chairman, Ben Bernanke, Has A Nightmarish Track Record Of Incompetence
#10 The Federal Reserve Has Become Way Too Powerful

Read more details in the article, and then pass it along to your friends...

As consistently profitable traders.. "We get paid to wait, and we wait to get paid."
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

RM99 
Austin, TX

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 124
Thanks Received: 704

12 years old Girl explains why most of the world, is in debt - YouTube

She hits nearly everything, except her solution. I don't subscribe to putting the reserve back into the hands of politicians, I advocate getting rid of it altogether and allowing competiting currencies to establish the fair market value of interest rates and lending.

"A dumb man never learns. A smart man learns from his own failure and success. But a wise man learns from the failure and success of others."

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris

websouth 
Perdido Beach, AL
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: graph paper
Trading: The shiny stuff
Thanks Given: 1,116
Thanks Received: 1,335

the real problem is that the video above has 350 views and
this video below has 778,196,190 views

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

websouth View Post
the real problem is that the video above has 350 views and
this video below has 778,196,190 views

Sadly you are correct.

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Thomas Jefferson: “The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless... ”

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Thanks Panda. I've added to my queue and will watch soon.

Let me pose the question... how do we change what we have forced upon us with The Fed? How are we supposed to realistically change this institution and the policies inflicted upon us?

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Gabriyele 
LA/CAlifornia REpublic

Platform: NT7
Trading: Chello

Truth 2 Power!

Sound Money = Sound Economic Life

What we have today are Federal Reserve "Notes", and we all know what a note is!? Just that a note!

((Although i would not mind to have a contract with any government where i can provide them with the "Gabriyele Reserve Notes" in exchange for everything that they have!! Buahaha LOL ))

You have to admit, it is a pretty smart approach in enslaving any nation!!

https://mises.org/

Attached Thumbnails
The Federal Reserve-murray-rothbard-history-money-banking-united-states.pdf   The Federal Reserve-murray-rothbard-mystery-banking.pdf  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Big Mike View Post
Thanks Panda. I've added to my queue and will watch soon.

Let me pose the question... how do we change what we have forced upon us with The Fed? How are we supposed to realistically change this institution and the policies inflicted upon us?

Mike

The Austrian school of economics is more suited to answer that question than I. I think you can find it at mises.org

The point is this; what we have now does not work for the people. It only works for the big banks and big corps. Don't get me wrong, I am in favor of banks that actually do the work of a bank, namely take in deposits and loan out those deposits at interest without leveraging it 10:1 or more. Sound banking is good business. The Byzantine empire proved that for a 1000 years. Fractional reserve banking is a moral hazard especially when backed by the implicit guarantee of the taxpayer.

Every society in all of recorded history that has resorted to fiat money as opposed to some sort of hard money based on a physical asset like gold, silver or even beads as some very primitive societies used has collapsed. Bad money drives out good, bad money being defined as printed money as opposed to minted money.

I read The Creature From Jekyll Island when it first came out. But the lessons were lost on me. Now that I've lived through exactly what he described in the book in terms of the artificial boom bust cycle, I realize was not only was he right but the problem is far worse than we think.

The correct solution in my limited view is a return to the gold standard which he lays out how to do in the book with disrupting society and a return to real representative republican (not republican party) form of government. No more career politicians that pass more and more laws designed to line their and their friends pockets at the expense of the public. Laws designed to get them re-elected by pandering to ever more narrow voting demographics. (Classic divide and conquer tactics) We are no long One Nation Under God. We are now a nation of 300 million individuals with a "whats in it for me" attitude which our politicians encourage both overtly and subversively. No more wars overseas. A standing army is designed for one thing only. And its not good. Our framers envisioned a free nation that defended itself with citizen soldiers when attacked and lived in peace the rest of the time. And the list goes on.

Can we do all this in present day America? The short answer is no, but 200+ years ago, the idea that a piss poor collection of fiercely independent colonies could throw off the most powerful empire in history was equally impossible. But it happened. It took leaders of character that loved freedom more than life to do it though and I fear that is in short supply these days.

Today, men think the near servitude we live in is freedom. If only they knew.

The Keynesian economist/politicians hate the gold standard because it imposes monetary discipline. No longer can they spend with impunity. A little know fact is that the US government does not need taxes to run itself. Taxes in our society is for the re-distribution of wealth from the rich to the poor and to pay the interest on the debt it has incurred with the privately held Fed. The actual operating cash comes in the form of printed money which is in fact, an IOU from the US treasury to the Fed. And as we know, there is an unlimited supply of this.

This has the unfortunate effect of creating wage slaves out of the working population. Why, because the US government has pledged its tax revenues to the Fed to pay the interest on the debt. Where does that come from? Why from the working middle class of course. The poor don't pay, they steal from those that pay, the rich don't pay, they have corporate loopholes to legally dodge the taxes they demand the government pay them as interest. So who pays? The middle class and the entrepreneurial class. The people the government most needs to control. These people just want to be left alone to live their life. They are not activist in the liberal sense. They vote, they go to church, they pay their taxes without cheating. They are average Joe and Jane that believe in the American dream. Until one day they realize they were lied to all their life and are little more than indentured servants. The day these people wake up and decide to do something about it is what scares the crap out of our government and powerful elite. To make matters worse, these people own guns and know how to use them.

The debt is never intended to be repaid, just rolled over in exchange for more interest payments. On top of this, the private banks got the government to guarantee them in the case of failure which allowed them to take every bigger risks without worry they will lose their jobs or their fortunes. Occasionally they let one go to show they really don't do this but federally chartered banks regularly get bailed out whereas state chartered banks fail all the time without fanfare or bailouts.

The average American hasn't got a clue and the ones that do misplace the blame. Its a clever trick the bankers played. Calling the privately held "central"bank the Federal Reserve Bank. There's nothing federal about it other than the real feds owe the fraudulent fed a crap load of money. Once the general population figures out they've been raped all this time under the guise of being "helped", all hell will break loose.

As a nation, we sold our sovereignty to a bunch of Euro centric bankers in exchange for the right to spend money without consequence. And no one but the so called "right wing lunatics" has figured it out. Or if they have, they like it like this.

I reprint the first couple paragraphs here from the Declaration of Independence. Notice the words in bold. Our Founding Fathers knew that government often becomes oppressive of its citizens and declared that it was the responsibility of the governed to throw off the oppressors. This is impossible if the governed are unarmed.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Me again, I'm afraid I rambled. Its a subject impossible to digest in a such a brief posting. Nothing less than our freedom is at stake and its a complicated subject which needs historical context to understand. I'm not sure the general public has the real historical education to process what is happening to them. I know American history is no longer taught in the same what it was when I was a kid. Now our formation is ignored, our virtues are downplayed and our sins at the hands of the "evil rich white man" are expounded upon with little or no historical context or worse, what little "history" is taught is factually untrue. Professors and text book writers no longer rely on original source material and if they bother to source it properly, they take it out of context.

Visit the mises.org site They are the experts.

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Gabriyele View Post
Truth 2 Power!

Sound Money = Sound Economic Life

What we have today are Federal Reserve "Notes", and we all know what a note is!? Just that a note!

((Although i would not mind to have a contract with any government where i can provide them with the "Gabriyele Reserve Notes" in exchange for everything that they have!! Buahaha LOL ))

You have to admit, it is a pretty smart approach in enslaving any nation!!

Ludwig von Mises Institute : The Austrian School Is Advancing Liberty

Wow, those attachments are the bomb. Do you happen to have a copy of The Creature From Jekyll Island in pdf format?

Last Updated on July 14, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts