NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Labeling GMO's

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Rachel with 156 posts (140 thanks)
    2. looks_two Zondor with 18 posts (31 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 18 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 13 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnS with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Zondor with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rachel with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 48,816 views
    2. thumb_up 262 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 242 posts
    2. attach_file 21 attachments

Search this Thread

Labeling GMO's

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

Rachel View Post
No on Prop. 37 Special Interest Exemptions

They are putting a lot of money to defeat Prop37, I hope people don't fall for this.

Like all, I am against GMO's and think the Prop 37 is a good idea. I don't live in CA, so I am not as close to the subject, but frankly, after I clicked on the 'No on Prop37' link, and on many of the links that support Prop 37, I was more convinced by the No vote, because the info provided is straight forward and informative.

Why all the scare tactics with the supporting vote? I learned more by reading the No ad, for instance I didn't realize that there was a distinction between grocery store labeling and non-grocery store labeling. And, why on earth is meat exempt? Who wrote Prop 37? Why don't they add more info on what is actually included and not included in the proposal, rather then all the scare tactics?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
56 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
44 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Rachel 
San Diego

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Private
Broker: private
Trading: CL future
Thanks Given: 935
Thanks Received: 1,955

This Saturday at 9AM there will be an on-line conference:
Live Stream - The "Seeds of Doubt" Conference

To view online, limited to 175 people and there is a fee, unfortunately.

Here is a cut and paste of the email:

I strongly encourage you all to spend this Saturday with me, in person in LA or online via live on line:

Live Stream - The "Seeds of Doubt" Conference

for the most important GMO conference of the year (and one of the best ever). When I was part of a similar Seeds of Doubt Conference in Colorado in June, it was definitely a high point in my 16 years of campaigning on GMOs. The audience was blown away.

If you live near Los Angeles, or can fly in for the day, you will be happy you did.

This event on October 6, from 9 am -1 pm Pacific time (LAX Hilton) will feature Dr. G.E. Seralini, lead author of the famous French rat study that was just released. See the amazing video here! Up to 80% of the female rats got massive tumors of the mammary glands, the death rate was 200-300% compared to the controls, and there was extensive damage to organs.

Dr. Michael Antoniou will be there from London. He co-authored the amazing compilation of research GMO Myths and Truths, as well as numerous other publications. He’s a world class genetic engineer working on human gene therapy techniques, but has spoken out against the use of this technology for use in food. He’s brilliant.

Dr. Don Huber will speak on the devastating impacts of Roundup, including the new mysterious pathogen that appears to be contributing to an epidemic of infertility and miscarriages among US livestock. Hearing Don’s full presentation is enlightening.

I’ll also be on hand to discuss other aspects of GMOs, including the outrageous practices used by Monsanto and others to distort and deny the now overwhelming evidence.

For registration information, go to Details - October 6 2012 - Los Angeles California - The "Seeds of Doubt" Conference

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Smith

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Rachel 
San Diego

monpere View Post
Like all, I am against GMO's and think the Prop 37 is a good idea. I don't live in CA, so I am not as close to the subject, but frankly, after I clicked on the 'No on Prop37' link, and on many of the links that support Prop 37, I was more convinced by the No vote, because the info provided is straight forward and informative.

Why all the scare tactics with the supporting vote? I learned more by reading the No ad, for instance I didn't realize that there was a distinction between grocery store labeling and non-grocery store labeling. And, why on earth is meat exempt? Who wrote Prop 37? Why don't they add more info on what is actually included and not included in the proposal, rather then all the scare tactics?

Hi,

Watch the 2nd video on the next post.
He explains, it is not a strict proposition that is asking what Monsanto is say. It is a gentle bill, watch the 2nd video in next post.

I just hope people will vote yes because people deserve to know. It won't raise prices or anything like that.

Wishing you the best,

Rachel

Rachel 
San Diego

In spite of this being an urgent and world-saving endeavor, or perhaps because of it, let’s make this project really fun.

Please launch these posts throughout your social media world or forward this e-mail to your family and friends and encourage others to do the same!

These are being sent by the Institute for Responsible Technology’s Food Policy Fund and are not officially representing the Prop 37 labeling campaign in California. In fact, some of what we will share with you will not be related to Prop 37 at all. But we still want the GMO issue to reverberate through cyberspace, where it will help educate everyone, especially those folks in California who are on the receiving end of Monsanto’s multi-million dollar rain of disinformation.

If you want to receive a daily email directly from the Prop 37 folks, and we recommend you do, please go to Daily 37 - Yes on Prop 37

In this first post, we have two parts. They are from my friend Tom Newmark, founder of Sacred Seeds. Tom joined us on part of our California speaking tour this summer where he entertained crowds with his infectious humor and sharp insights. You may have seen him in the movie Genetic Roulette as well.

Click and send away…

Part 1: Why You Don’t Have to Believe Monsanto’s Lies

Tom Newmark Don't Believe Monsanto - YouTube

Part 2: Monsanto, Hershey’s Kisses, and Prop 37

Tom Newmark Monsanto and Hershey Kisses - YouTube

Share:

Click on the video or the link to watch Tom Newmark Monsanto and Hershey Kisses - YouTube

Yes on Prop 37!

Jeffrey Smith

Thanked by:

Rachel 
San Diego

The leaders of the GMO labeling movements in fifteen states have joined forces to form a Coalition of States for GMO Labeling. The goals of this coalition are to pass mandatory GMO labeling laws in every state, either through legislative action or ballot initiatives, which will eventually lead to a national GMO labeling law. We also want to ensure that each state is using unified, strong language that will survive a legal attack.

Right now, all eyes are on California. The entire country is standing behind California and their efforts to lead the way with Prop 37 to pass a mandatory GMO Labeling Law. We are representing the 90% of Americans who want GMO labeling, so they have a right to know what’s in their food, a right to know what they are feeding their families. In our efforts to support one another, the following states have joined together to form the Coalition of States For Mandatory GMO Labeling: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington.

If you are leading a movement in your state or are part of an organization in one of the states listed that is advocating for a GMO labeling law either through legislation or a ballot initiative, and would like to join this coalition please contact the coalition at [email protected]. The Coalition of States For Mandatory Labeling wants everyone to know that no state will stand alone and that we are all in this together. All it takes is one person to start a labeling movement, we can help you. This coalition should ultimately have members from all 50 states. The time for Americans to know the truth is now. All fifteen states in this coalition stand as one ready to advocate for GMO labeling in their own states regardless of what happens in California.

Join us!

Thank you,

Institute for Responsible Technology Food Policy Fund

Rachel 
San Diego

Kucinich Calls Out Monsanto: Americans Demand GMO Labeling - YouTube

Right on Kucinich!!!!!!

Rachel 
San Diego

GMO, Global Alert - YouTube

Victory Trader 
LA, California, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL,ES mainly

Russian researchers will stream a live experiment to show the effects of GMO feed on rats.

This comes after a French study found GMOs to have negative effects on rats, which lead to a provisional Russian suspension on imported Monsanto genetically modified corn.

Russian Scientists Condemn GMOs, Plan a Unique Experiment.

GMO Study Broadcast: Russian GMO Rat Experiment to be Broadcast 24/7 :

Rachel 
San Diego

October 5, 2012

Dear Californian for Health,

You Have The Right To Know What's In Your Food!

For the past 20 years Americans have been denied their right to know what’s in their food. On November 6th, 2012, that’s going to change for you and other Californians, with the passage of Proposition 37, The California Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act.

There is no issue at stake, nationally or at the state level, that is more fundamental to food safety and health freedom than consumers' Right to Know being decided on November 6 in your home state.

Central casting couldn't come up with a more dubious character to prove the lack of credibility of the No on 37 campaign - a guy who wants to bring back DDT and thinks a little bit of nuclear radiation can be good for you. And now, in a blistering admission of their own lack of credibility, the No on 37 campaign has been forced to remove and re-shoot their first TV ad because they misrepresented Stanford University. The gloves are off and it's time to fight back!

Read all about it here and tell everyone you know:

Press Release

No on 37 campaign forced to pull first TV ad, featuring "expert" who fronts for tobacco groups and climate change deniers and thinks nuclear radiation can be good for you.

There has never been a more important time to GET INVOLVED in fighting against the deception of the world's largest pesticide companies - they're spending $35 million in your state to convince you that you don't have a right to know what's in your food.

Campaign HQ

Please spread the word - post, tweet, stand up for integrity and for our right to know what's in our food!

Thanks, as always, for your participation,

The Citizens for Health Team

Follow Citizens for Health on Twitter!

Like FoodIdentityTheft on Facebook!

Follow FoodIdentityTheft on Twitter!

Thanked by:

Rachel 
San Diego

https://fdn.actionkit.com/donate/its_time_label_GMOs/?akid=641.165230.7tnEog&rd=1&t=5

You might think that because 90 percent of Americans want genetically engineered foods labeled that corporations and our government would respect the wishes of the American people. But of course, only here in America, you'd be wrong.

Despite already labeling GMOs in 50 other countries around the world, the coalition of chemical, junk food and biotech companies are flooding the airwaves in California with lies to mislead voters about Yes on 37, the simple ballot measure to label genetically engineered foods.

Leading the charge against your right to know what's in your food is biotech seed and chemical giant Monsanto that believes that any lie is OK to tell as long as they can keep Americans in the dark about what they're buying and feeding their families. What do they have to hide?

With your help we can expose their lies to California voters.

Chip in to defeat the lies and misinformation that Monsanto and their allies are already flooding the airwaves with and claim victory this fall.

As Food Democracy Now! reported last week, the opposition has raised more than $34 million dollars to unleash a flood of lies and their deceptive ads have already started this week.

Unfortunately, reports from Bay area viewers have confirmed that during the first Presidential debate the opposition ran an ad featuring a pro-biotech "scientist" from Stanford University to misrepresent the facts about Prop 37. The Stanford "scientist" in question is no everyday scientist, but biotech ideologue Henry I. Miller of the radical right-wing Hoover Institute. In what seems to be no coincidence, Henry I. Miller also happens to be the founding director of the FDA's Office of Biotechnology, which he ran from 1989 to 1994.

For the past 20 years Americans have been kept in the dark because of a politically engineered loophole that former Monsanto lobbyist Michael Taylor - now back at the FDA as Food Safety Czar - and biotech "scientist" Henry I. Miller helped implement despite the continued objections of other FDA scientists.

Even worse, Miller is literally a “founding member” the scientific club to distort and manipulate science for corporate gain over human health, including his involvement in a Philip Morris backed front group that worked to discredit links between tobacco and cancer. Miller’s love of big tobacco went so far, he wrote key PR memos recommending how Phillip Morris could stop tobacco regulations worldwide. Tragically, this same morally bankrupt “scientist” was once in charge vouching for food safety at the FDA!
Now, once again, Monsanto is using Miller and his affiliation with Stanford University as a front man for their lies to California voters. This is an outrage!

Chip in here to help defeat Monsanto’s lies in California. We can't allow them to get away with it.

https://fdn.actionkit.com/go/652?t=9&akid=641.165230.7tnEog

Monsanto has already funneled $7.1 million dollars to defeat California’s Prop 37 to label genetically engineered foods. Monsanto has only one goal – denying you the Right to Know what’s in your food - and they're willing to tell any lie to get it done.

Already, Monsanto, DuPont, Coke, Pepsi and Nestle's deceptive and misleading ads are running on the air in California. The problem is, the opposition knows that lying and deception works. After all, they did it for decades, whether it was covering up the harm to human health with cigarettes, Agent Orange or DDT.

It's outrageous that these same giant food corporations that are telling lies here in the U.S. to stop Prop 37 already label those same products in 50 other countries around the world!
With your help, we will win in November.

I think we deserve this right, don't you? Please join us in defeating this biotech Goliath and make GMO labeling a reality with me today. Time is running short.

Chip in today to help defeat Monsanto’s bid to silence GMO labeling in California and the U.S. - It's time to fight back!

https://fdn.actionkit.com/go/652?t=12&akid=641.165230.7tnEog

Thank you for contributing what you can today - Together we can win!

Thanks for participating in food democracy,

Dave, Lisa and the Food Democracy Action! Team

P.S. All money raised for this campaign will go through Food Democracy Action!, a 501(c)4 allied organization of Food Democracy Now!, focused on grassroots lobbying and legislative action. Donations are not tax-deductible. Thank you for your support!

Last Updated on April 3, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts