NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Labeling GMO's

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Rachel with 156 posts (140 thanks)
    2. looks_two Zondor with 18 posts (31 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 18 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 13 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnS with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Zondor with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rachel with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,130 views
    2. thumb_up 262 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 242 posts
    2. attach_file 21 attachments

Search this Thread

Labeling GMO's

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

Beating Monsanto in the Food Fight: Oregon Counties Vote to Ban GMO Crops | The Nation

They must be banned, not labeled. A rare step in the direction of sanity.

"If we don't loosen up some money, this sucker is going down." -GW Bush, 2008
“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors

Rachel 
San Diego

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Private
Broker: private
Trading: CL future
Thanks Given: 935
Thanks Received: 1,955

You won't believe what Monsanto is doing.

In May, Vermont passed the first-ever law requiring labeling of genetically engineered foods in the U.S. And now Monsanto's suing the state of Vermont to stop the law from ever going into effect.1

This fight is crucial for the whole country, not just Vermont, because dozens of other states are poised to require labeling too—they just want someone else to go first because of the inevitable legal fight.2

And that's why Monsanto is going to war to stop Vermont dead in its tracks.

A small, rural state like Vermont doesn't have the budget for a long, drawn-out legal fight against a multinational giant like Monsanto. So they've created a legal defense fund where people can donate to help defend the law in court.

With the help of MoveOn members, we're fighting back against Monsanto. We gave a grant to the state of Vermont's legal defense fund and we're supporting dozens of MoveOn member-led campaigns pushing for GMO labeling nationwide. Can you chip in $3 to help our GMO labeling campaign?

Yes, I can contribute $3 to stand up to Monsanto.
https://act.moveon.org/donate/civ-donation/?source=/donatec4/monsanto.html?bg_id=hpc3&id=98425-28435795-90ezqOx&t=2&bg_id=hpc3&id=98425-28435795-90ezqOx&t=2

Monsanto's argument is completely outrageous. They're saying that the GMO labeling law is somehow an unconstitutional violation of their right to free speech. They even want to be able to label genetically engineered foods as "all natural."3

And this Supreme Court believes corporations are people and money is speech, so you know it's going to be a tough fight.

Consumers have a right to know what's in the food we're eating—and in fact, genetically engineered foods are already labeled in 64 countries around the world, including England, Japan, and Australia. Even China and Russia have labeling.4

In this country, 92% of Americans support the labeling of genetically engineered foods.5 The only reason we don't have it is the power of Monsanto and the fear of a lawsuit.

If we can help Vermont win now, and make sure campaigns for GMO labeling in other states have the resources they need, we'll have a great shot at getting labeling in dozens of other states.

Can you contribute $3 to help MoveOn fight back against Monsanto?
https://act.moveon.org/donate/civ-donation/?source=/donatec4/monsanto.html?bg_id=hpc3&id=98425-28435795-90ezqOx&t=2&bg_id=hpc3&id=98425-28435795-90ezqOx&t=2

Thanks for all you do.

–Garlin, Maria, Justin, Alejandro, and the rest of the team

Sources:

1. "Trade groups sue VT over GMO labeling law," Burlington Free-Press, June 13, 2014 ►

2. "Vermont, food industry begin court fight over GMO label law," The Christian Science Monitor, June 13, 2014 ►

3. "Vermont's landmark GMO-labelling law target of lawsuit by food trade groups," RT, June 13, 2014 ►

4. "Labeling Around the World," Just Label It!, accessed June 16, 2014 ►

5. "Polls & Surveys," Just Label It!, accessed June 16, 2014 ►

Want to support our work? MoveOn Civic Action is entirely funded by our 8 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Rachel 
San Diego

Americans Are Too Stupid for GMO Labeling, Congressional Panel Says

GMO myths and Truths
https://earthopensource.org/files/pdfs/GMO_Myths_and_Truths/GMO_Myths_and_Truths_1.3.pdf

Rachel 
San Diego

What do Monsanto and Coke have in common? They’ve both spent millions of dollars to keep you in the dark about the foods you buy.

In the past 2 years, executives at Coca-Cola have stood with Monsanto against the American public by donating more than $3.2 million to defeat GMO labeling ballot initiatives Prop 37 in California and I-522 in Washington State.

Last year alone, Coke secretly funneled more than $1.5 million dollars through the a secret slush fund in order to kill the I-522 initiative in Washington that would have required GMO labeling.

It’s time for consumers to put their money where their mouth is and join the Coke Boycott.

While you may not drink Coke or any of their popular sugary soda drinks, the company owns many brands that you might buy, including Honest Tea, Honest Kids, Zico Coconut Water, Odwalla, Powerade, Peace Tea, Vitamin Water and Simply Orange.

Tell Coke to dump Monsanto and stop spending millions of dollars to kill GMO labeling campaigns in America! Tell Coke it's time to Kiss Monsanto Goodbye!

Farmers need your voice today. Please spread the word.

Tell Coke to Kiss Monsanto Goodbye! | Food Democracy Now

Thanked by:

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

It is amazing that in the US, you don't have the right to know what you are eating.

There is no logical reason for this, other than it's bad for business.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Rachel 
San Diego

Thanked by:

Rachel 
San Diego

Finally, the courts sided against Monsanto and are going to protect the birds and bees.

Huge news for the birds and the bees | Food Revolution Network

A victory in the courts finally, next a victory were the courts stand up for our rights and at least label GMO's, then the next step: remove GMO's from the environment.

A journey begins with one small step. Hurray!
A step in the right direction.

Thanked by:

Rachel 
San Diego

Hillary Clinton is Just Plain Wrong on GMOs

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

Hawaii's GMO Battle: Federal Judge Strikes Down Kauai's Pesticide Regulations

A federal judge in Hawaii has struck down a local ordinance that would have regulated pesticide use at farms on the island of Kauai, where four of the world's largest agrichemical companies take advantage of long growing seasons to develop genetically engineered crops seeds, also known as genetically modified organisms, or GMOs.

"If we don't loosen up some money, this sucker is going down." -GW Bush, 2008
“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Rachel 
San Diego

Lobbyists for Monsanto and Big Food spent $27 million in the first half of this year - nearly triple what they spent last year - to defeat state GMO labeling campaigns. And that doesn't include the millions they're spending on false advertising.

https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50865/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=11328

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 3, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts