NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Two Line Trading

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Andrew with 54 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two cunparis with 49 posts (16 thanks)
    3. looks_3 FredyMegaG with 36 posts (31 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Eric j with 11 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cclsys with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two FredyMegaG with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Eric j with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cunparis with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 97,625 views
    2. thumb_up 66 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 187 posts
    2. attach_file 38 attachments

Search this Thread

Two Line Trading

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

FredyMegaG View Post
Cunparis!
I'll read your thread more carefully then.. Ive read kinda diagonally lol but now i have more time, so ill read it with more attention.
But so far, i have to agree with Ericj, in that it's probably more evident in minor time charts... But im not so much into scalping tough
Do you recommend volume analysis to bigger time frames as well? Is it also reliable?

A robust method will work in any market any timeframe.

I use volume & cycles for ES on 500 tick chart all the way up to daily chart. I often take swing trades that last 1-5 days. It works for me but I've been trading that way for 9+ months now. It takes a long time to get good at it, just like anything else. If one tries something for a few days or a week and then tries something else I don't think they'll find success. Have to work hard at it, it takes a while.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
53 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
44 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

FredyMegaG 
Lisbon

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures / Zen-fire
Trading: Es
Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 44

Here's one analysis of mine, please comment!

Traders have been locked up in a narrow trading range.
If the Market-Makers (MM) believe in a bullish market, they will not want these traders to sell! So they will mark up the price trough the resistance areas.

We know they backed up the move because volume has increased substancially (not just plain old regular traders volume, shown in green).

The following low volume that is accompained by blue price bars (price getting higher on low volume) show that the move is fadding, and eventually we see smart money exiting the market.

The price keeps going higher on the next few days tough....

How's this?

Andrew! ill send it to you as soon as i get home! im on my laptop right now lol

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	volume- TLTrading.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	6444  
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Andrew
sea side

Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 25

Fredy,

Nice pic, but are you sure that on "small" volume "smart money" actually exiting market ?
Why that after that gone higher ?
I remember 1 brilliant phrase, don't remember who said that, seems one of LBR friends :
when you are exiting market "smart money" enter and vice verse
That's why at my opinion often we see huge volume on "reverse" bars and then tiny volume on consequent "already reversed" bars and think oh all just exited market and it's on tiny volume moves somewhere
I already asked myself one "stupid" question : ok if anybody exiting market why it reverses ?
Who is buying tops and lows just stupid retailers ? Well in that case seems we are great power who is stops and reverse market, so we make market, not pro ?
Well

I also heard that pro use "low volume areas" to drive market further in direction they need.
I'm not claiming I'm right, I'm studying "raw volume" and it's correlation and divergence to price, it already shown some fruity details, I like them, because they simple and could allow to "see the market"

Don't worry I will wait the book patiently

Krgds,
Andrew

FredyMegaG View Post
Here's one analysis of mine, please comment!

Traders have been locked up in a narrow trading range.
If the Market-Makers (MM) believe in a bullish market, they will not want these traders to sell! So they will mark up the price trough the resistance areas.

We know they backed up the move because volume has increased substancially (not just plain old regular traders volume, shown in green).

The following low volume that is accompained by blue price bars (price getting higher on low volume) show that the move is fadding, and eventually we see smart money exiting the market.

The price keeps going higher on the next few days tough....

How's this?

Andrew! ill send it to you as soon as i get home! im on my laptop right now lol

FredyMegaG 
Lisbon

The smart money exiting i refered, was at around 21 pm that day... (my time = close CME).

Check the mangenta price bars, they have huge volume, but price isnt moving anywhere.
=P

Andrew
sea side

Fredy,

Want update ?
Guess, what I did now ?
I've plotted 5 minute volume on 1 minute price chart
(not in Ninja unfortunately, don;t know if it possible to do that here, but eager to know)

I can not look anymore on that
Let's ask Cunparis or somebody to plot 1 minute volume on 5 minute chart ?!

Krgds,
Andrew

Eric j 
NY

Platform: Esignal, MBT navigator
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 1,396
Thanks Received: 2,576

[IMG]https://nexusfi.com/attachments/traders-hideout/6444d1262961696t-two-line-trading-volume-tltrading.jpg[/IMG]

Nice mark ups on the chart there . I cant tell if some of the big volume bars are the NY open and close but thers no hiding increases and the aftermath of it . Tom williams and his book are critical reading for understanding the underlying nature of all financial markets . The big dog eats the little dog and thats how they get bigger . The institutional trader is well aware of how human nature works and how its inherent in all traders , especially the small guys . Example - the big guy wants to get long , he knows the little guys are waiting to buy at support because he can see their orders , big guy keeps selling into support and stopping out all the little guys longs and fueling his profits with the covering , he absorbed the supply and gets in long when its nice and cheap . You can see it happen over and over again and they do it when we least expect it . Pull up a chart for thanksgiving day ( US ) youll see what Im talking about .

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Andrew
sea side

Fredy,

Magenta or Cyan if Magenta, sorry, but I disagree with you about that particular point
It not means that I argue with you or going to disagree forever
Who moved market back ? Again we retailers ? Is it time to charge pro for commission for our service ?

Krgds,
Andrew

FredyMegaG View Post
The smart money exiting i refered, was at around 21 pm that day... (my time = close CME).

Check the mangenta price bars, they have huge volume, but price isnt moving anywhere.
=P

Andrew
sea side

Eric,

Seems I again agree with you
+ big money knows exactly when they will enter market and in what direction market will go after that.
Have you tried to do thing I've done in post # 85 in Fredy's thread ?
Buddies I'm just about that "raw" volume

Krgds,
Andrew

Eric j View Post
[IMG]https://nexusfi.com/attachments/traders-hideout/6444d1262961696t-two-line-trading-volume-tltrading.jpg[/IMG]

Nice mark ups on the chart there . I cant tell if some of the big volume bars are the NY open and close but thers no hiding increases and the aftermath of it . Tom williams and his book are critical reading for understanding the underlying nature of all financial markets . The big dog eats the little dog and thats how they get bigger . The institutional trader is well aware of how human nature works and how its inherent in all traders , especially the small guys . Example - the big guy wants to get long , he knows the little guys are waiting to buy at support because he can see their orders , big guy keeps selling into support and stopping out all the little guys longs and fueling his profits with the covering , he absorbed the supply and gets in long when its nice and cheap . You can see it happen over and over again and they do it when we least expect it . Pull up a chart for thanksgiving day ( US ) youll see what Im talking about .

FredyMegaG 
Lisbon

Lol andrew no prob! Discussion is healthy.

But what to you mean "move the market back"? are you refering to the small retrace prior to the breakout?

I guess that was in overnight period, and since it was a HVC, probably the market makers let the price fall enough to stop out all the premature bulls, waiting for a rally.

5 minute volume on 1 minute chart??? how did that work out? ill check it too.

Eric, dont worry im not sure of my analysis too... ive just start reading the book, and that kinda made sense to me.. thats why i posted to check out what you saw it was happening there.

Overall ive seen HVC on major breakouts, consolidation zones and reversals!

so i guess volume alerts something is going to happen, while price action tells exactly what's happening.. right?

Still learning how to interpret all this...

Eric j 
NY

Platform: Esignal, MBT navigator
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 1,396
Thanks Received: 2,576

See how they stole all the xmas cheer black friday . I would rather follow the rancher than follow the herd .

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES ##-##  12_4_2009 (60 Min)Happy turkey day turkeys !.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	6448  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on February 18, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts