NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ransquawk/Talking-Forex

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xplorer with 7 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two wldman with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Keab with 2 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Psy24X with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 itrader46 with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,076 views
    2. thumb_up 13 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 19 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Ransquawk/Talking-Forex

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,291

Keab View Post
Due to the new delay of over 1 minute, constantly muffled voice feed, and absolutely no warning or feedback of the new downgrade in service I have cancelled my subscription.

Except they neither ransqwawk nor talking forex responded to my emails and then billed me at the end of December despite numerous requests to cancel my subscription.
Whatever is going on it has the smell of a scam so I would best avoid. I was lucky I used my credit card otherwise I would have been charged and would still be charged as they are not responding to any request to end the service.

This is odd. I have not been a paying customer for a long while and yet they still reply to my enquiries, as recently as last month.

Are you sure you have the right contact details?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

at all in a news reliant method and you are hung.

Rans, when I was using it was ahead and very reliable. I think I paid 20 British pounds a month.

-Dan

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

wldman View Post
at all in a news reliant method and you are hung.

Rans, when I was using it was ahead and very reliable. I think I paid 20 British pounds a month.

-Dan

Dan, that was likely TFX. RanSquawk fees tend to be much higher.

Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

I believe we were on that right in a period of transition for them. Something may have happened that allowed us a "grandfather" type situation.

The Russian girl Olga that works for a competitive news service was our prior vendor. Maybe we got a "trial" that was equal to the premium service then continued at the divisional rate.

Sorry if I've made a bad statement.

But, regardless, if you are not first when trading "news" you are the bag holder for who ever is first. It is a hard game if you are not willing to spend the money, especially in "algo world"

-Dan

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 itrader46 
Manchester, UK

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Emini, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 19

Hello everybody.
I have a subscription with Talking Forex squawk service since last November and it was working pretty well.

For a few weeks though, the audio suddenly stopped, there are no live news anymore and they won't reply to my emails.

To add insult to injury, today I've been charged again for the unusable service and when I emailed them to the email address in the payment invoice to stop my subscription, the email address doesn't exist, so be aware and please feel free to share any similar experience with this service.

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

itrader46 View Post
Hello everybody.
I have a subscription with Talking Forex squawk service since last November and it was working pretty well.

For a few weeks though, the audio suddenly stopped, there are no live news anymore and they won't reply to my emails.

To add insult to injury, today I've been charged again for the unusable service and when I emailed them to the email address in the payment invoice to stop my subscription, the email address doesn't exist, so be aware and please feel free to share any similar experience with this service.

If you have been paying by credit card or paypal, I would suggest, given you can't get in touch with them, to ask for a refund explaining the issue.

itrader46 
Manchester, UK

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Emini, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 19

Xplorer, I wish it was that easy, but it is a subscription I made, against common sense, on my debit card and I had to call the bank, they said I have to get the provider to cancel the subscription (which they won't do), then I had to open a case and it may take up to 24 working day to get done.
Until then, if anybody wants some tips on how you can waste money on useless services, I can help...

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

itrader46 View Post
Xplorer, I wish it was that easy, but it is a subscription I made, against common sense, on my debit card and I had to call the bank, they said I have to get the provider to cancel the subscription (which they won't do), then I had to open a case and it may take up to 24 working day to get done.
Until then, if anybody wants some tips on how you can waste money on useless services, I can help...

I could be wrong, but I've read somewhere that TFX/Ransquawk were acquired by another company not too long ago. I can't remember where I've read this - could be even here on FIO.

This may be the reason you are perhaps unable to reach them.

I'm not justifying their disservice to you - maybe you can dig around and try and reach them in a different way.

Perhaps try via FB/Twitter, etc.

Psy24X 
Milano, Italy, EU

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja + Jigsaw
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 130
Thanks Received: 25

xplorer View Post
I could be wrong, but I've read somewhere that TFX/Ransquawk were acquired by another company not too long ago. I can't remember where I've read this - could be even here on FIO.

This may be the reason you are perhaps unable to reach them.

I'm not justifying their disservice to you - maybe you can dig around and try and reach them in a different way.

Perhaps try via FB/Twitter, etc.

Now, if I google RANsquawk I get redirected to Newsquawk.

Thanked by:
 SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,018

You are correct that they renamed to news squawk. They are still ransquawk on twitter though.

I have to say I really like their service, and wish I could better afford it. On their blog they post a morning rundown that everyone can read for free that I find highly effective. When I was trialing their fixed income service they gave info on corporate bond offerings and incoming block trades that I made money on. I can't seem to find that information anywhere else. So it is definitely worth it.

Last Updated on September 1, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts