NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

trading e6 between high volume nodes

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tpbyyc with 13 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two blackbuck with 8 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Nicolas11 with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 7,344 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 29 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

trading e6 between high volume nodes

tpbyyc 
Calgary, AB

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: CTS/T4 (realtime); RT Investor (DTN-MA); POP.calculator (my own prop front end)
Broker: DDT (Crosslands) / Cunnigham - CTS T4
Trading: E6
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 21

homework for: 16/8/12

hi volume brackets from: 15/8/12
closing other brackets
12298 12333 12298
12289 12327 12287
12286 12321 12276
secondary hi-vol:
last trade: 12292 hi: 12348 lo: 12267

FT71 (euro templates from IRT)
vpoc 08/07/2012 12425
vpoc 8/14/12 - LRH 12385
VPOC (last period) 12387
vpoc 08/03/2012 12223

l/t hi-vol comp 12286

news
- UK retail sales, bank minutes (3:30); EURO CPI (4:00); USD Housing, Philly Fed
other notes
- trading in upper half of broad range 12450 - 12051 (daily chart)
- last session was low volume, low range resulted in simple double distribution day

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

omni72 
Tulsa, OK

Thanks Given: 582
Thanks Received: 624

Nicolas11 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience with this journal!

Do you have any reference to this "new thinking"?
I was aware of the "volume strips" ( CME video, CME video, nexusfi.com (formerly [AUTOLINK]BMT[/AUTOLINK]) thread) which are not very far from the concept of VPOC shift.
But I know nothing about his new theory.

Thanks!

Nicolas

Here's a link to the recent webinar where he discusses the concept of adding time back into the market: Volume: The Key to Understanding Today's Market

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~ Seneca
Thanked by:
 tpbyyc 
Calgary, AB

Platform: CTS/T4 (realtime); RT Investor (DTN-MA); POP.calculator (my own prop front end)

sold 1e6u12 @ 12299 ... top of bracket of 12287 hi-volume price

websouth 
Perdido Beach, AL
Market Wizard

Platform: graph paper
Trading: The shiny stuff
Thanks Given: 1,116
Thanks Received: 1,335

Nice journal. I would be interested to see how you look at your trading graphically (if you do)

I don't trade futures but here is a spot version of eur/usd. I find the low volume nodes almost more interesting then the high volume ones. Wonder if you have ever looked at those.

here are the high volume brackets numbers you called out (the dashed horizontal lines) in your last numbers post with last session vpoc in magenta

here are high volume nodes as I have them. Going 5 days deep across any row. magenta is poc and green is high volume. Purple lines marked are previous hi/lows

here are low volume nodes (yellow numbers)

anyhow just different ways to look at it.

later

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 tpbyyc 
Calgary, AB

covered short at 12302 for -3 ticks ... also inadvertently sold another short on move higher after initial entry but covered for scratch.

Same issue as last night sold top of bracket (identified as first low volume level above high volume level) expecting an immediate bounce lower back towards the hi-volume price, in both cases the bracket high provided resistance initially but price hung around (what I had assumed) was a low volume level and built volume at this price. My entry (like the one last night) ended up being on the bottom of a very small developing bracket. Although, the opportunity existed to cover after even 10 minutes for a scratch for at most a 2 tick loss, I was stubborn and let the trade go offside by as many as 10 ticks. I did get a pullback from this session's which I used to cover for a smaller loss; price did retrace as low as 12297 in the pullback. Somewhere between that low and the initial bracket high (12299) would have been a great place to initiate a long for a move back to 12304 (session POC) or higher but because i was so relieved to have gotten out with a smaller loss I didn't have the fortitude to jump back in.

But I live to fight another day, actually another time because with this vent out of the way I am now in a better mood to continue the hunt for trades as there are, will always be more hi-volume prices to chase.

tpbyyc 
Calgary, AB

bot eurofx 12288 ... hi volume price 12287 ... looking for move to top of this bracket ~ 12299
(added later) liquidated long @ 12281; 1 -7 ticks on the trade, down -10 for the night

tpbyyc 
Calgary, AB

websouth View Post
Nice journal. I would be interested to see how you look at your trading graphically (if you do)

I don't trade futures but here is a spot version of eur/usd. I find the low volume nodes almost more interesting then the high volume ones. Wonder if you have ever looked at those.

anyhow just different ways to look at it.

later

Thanks so much for your input, I look forward to carrying on the conversation but I am just leaving town for the weekend and will not have time until I return on Sunday. I do have graphical representations that I have had developed for my use and I will post some examples next week; because this software is just for my own use it is somewhat ad-hoc, almost rough, in its presentation. Hope you find a few good trades this session, I`ll be back at it again for Sunday.

tpbyyc 
Calgary, AB

omni72 View Post
Here's a link to the recent webinar where he discusses the concept of adding time back into the market: Volume: The Key to Understanding Today's Market

Thanks for asking and thanks for the replay and post of that link ... `part 1`of his thinking can be found at this link ...

Steidlmayer Volume Strips: J. Peter Steidlmayer

this was a presentation that Steidlmayer made almost 1 year ago (I discovered it sometime in November of last year) and I believe is the first time that he had spoken in public about the current evolution of his trading.

Note: Volume Strips does not exist as a software product that I can license and I am a Cunningham customer (CTS was supposedly the launch partner for Volume Strips). Despite the references to it again in the second later presentation, it doesn't really exist. In fact, I believe that he continues to search for a visual representation of his ideas that would be as objective (and elegant) as market profile was for his earlier thinking.

Nicolas11 
near Paris, France

Experience: Beginner
Platform: -
Trading: -
Thanks Given: 2,232
Thanks Received: 1,769

omni72 View Post

Thanks!
Actually, this link was one of the two I gave in my own message. When I saw this webinar some time ago, I did not have the feeling that it was so different from volume strips. I will have a new look at it. Thanks again.

Nicolas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
blackbuck
San Antonio

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 0

Whats a high volume node

Last Updated on August 17, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts