NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Beauty and Logic of the 6E

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Aragorn with 102 posts (153 thanks)
    2. looks_two cory with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 3 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 2 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Klausi with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 josh with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Aragorn with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 35,272 views
    2. thumb_up 199 thanks given
    3. group 35 followers
    1. forum 141 posts
    2. attach_file 68 attachments

Search this Thread

The Beauty and Logic of the 6E

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 215
Thanks Received: 359

Zachary Standley View Post
Can you explain why you believe this? What made you come to that conclusion?

This is from a BookMap chart from last Friday's trading. Look at the Buying Volume that crossed the spread and Price did not respond. 20 seconds later price rises on much less buying.
The traditional explanation is that Seller's "absorbed" the Buying pressure. This explanation is, at best, a guess. It allows one to continue to believe that 'somehow' Buyer's and Seller's control Price.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Friday May 24, 2019.png
Views:	375
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	266278  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

I was talking with one of my trading mentors a few months ago. I haven't talked with her for a few years. Her name is Pam Ludwig. She was the moderator for the Futures room at Trade Angle Strategies (TAS). When she left TAS she opened her own room called Traders News Network (TNN). She closed her room a few years later. Pam was the best trader I have ever seen. Finding someone who is truly successful trading is rare.
I contacted her to ask her a question. During the course of our conversation she showed me her trading strategy. She didn't go in to her Rules, Risk/Reward, Target/Stops nor Trade Management. It was just a very brief display of her trading strategy. I was appalled at it's simplicity and the simplicity of the logic behind it. During my conversation with her, she commented on how I was making trading more difficult than it needed to be.
This is her strategy and the Logic behind it.
She goes Long when the Market trades above A and C and goes Short when it trades below 1. The logic is: the Sellers from A to B and C to D are no longer present or interested and the Buyers from 1 to 2 are no longer present or interested.
That's it! A very simple strategy using very simple logic.
Keep it Simple!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ES 09-19 (NS_RenkoBXT {2;1;4})  6_26_2019.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	267214  
Thanked by:
skifaster
salt lake city utah

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 1

Aragorn,
Thx for you post of Pam Ludwig trading, Have you used her Ludwig Levels service? By the way, i am also in SLC

Best ----Mark

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

skifaster View Post
Aragorn,
Thx for you post of Pam Ludwig trading, Have you used her Ludwig Levels service? By the way, i am also in SLC

Best ----Mark

Hi skifaster. Welcome to the best trading forum on the internet.
I have used her levels in the past. I currently do not. If you are interested in looking at them further, I strongly recommend you contact her for the trial and see if they fit with your trading needs. She sends out info with them but she is always willing to answer questions and go into more detail if necessary. Pam is the best!

tr8er 
Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

looks like the good old Joe Ross trading

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Over the past several months, I have, both here in my Journal and on other threads, posted some pretty negative comments and reviews about OneUp Trader. I believe those comments were warranted and justified. In the end, however, I decided to go with OneUp over TopStep. Time will tell if that was a good decision or not.

I reached the review section of the evaluation process today and am now waiting to be funded. I began with the $100k account but had to downgrade to the $50k. Perhaps I will go back to the $100k. But also, perhaps I will go with TopStep next time. Again, time will tell.

I went with OneUp for several reasons:
First, I like the idea of NOT having to pay for data feeds. TopStep you pay for your own data.
Second, when I began, I needed two connections, one to NT and one to BookMap. I was told, somewhere, that I could only have one connection with TopStep. I have since found out that the information about only one connection was inaccurate.
Third, OneUp was a little cheaper per month.
Fourth, the initial 100% payout of $8k over $5k was more appealing.
Fifth, the draw downs were a little higher in OneUp. It added a little more wiggle room in case of some consecutively bad trades.

Those were my reasons for going with OneUp. I am still not happy about how they do their funding with the threshold component nor the scaling component but, for now, I'll bite the bullet and live with it. That's the program. That's how they have chosen to do it. I had and have other options. For now, I will live with it.

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

And for the record, I think it is awesome that Big Mike has recognized the incredible contributions of @bobwest. A few weeks ago when Bob wrote an explanation to a question I had, I noticed how much he has contributed to this forum. And yet he didn't have a "Legendary" or "Wizard" designation. Thank you Bob for all of your contributions. "Super Moderator" indeed! I am glad you got the recognition that you deserve.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

Aragorn View Post
And for the record, I think it is awesome that Big Mike has recognized the incredible contributions of @bobwest. A few weeks ago when Bob wrote an explanation to a question I had, I noticed how much he has contributed to this forum. And yet he didn't have a "Legendary" or "Wizard" designation. Thank you Bob for all of your contributions. "Super Moderator" indeed! I am glad you got the recognition that you deserve.

Thanks. I do appreciate it.

I don't know if I'm all that much a "super" moderator, more like just a "moderator in training," actually. But I'm learning.

Before I got moderatorized, I was a "legendary" "wizard," which simply reflects how much you type (), and how many Thanks you get, and a few other measures of participation. There's a formula that assigns these labels. For an explanation you can look at the top of the main page and click: UserCP > Your Profile > Statistics and then the topic "Forum Reputation." Basically, it reflects high participation and the judgment of the membership on that participation. I do appreciate the recognition it involves, and I appreciate the other people who received it, and the members who granted it.

Moderators (and admins) are the guys who watch for things that violate rules, and try to keep the forum organized by having threads put in the right places, and otherwise try to keep things running smoothly. You can tell them by the purple background to their names.

The moderation team has five members:

@Big Mike - Admin
@sam028 - Admin
@tturner86 - Super Moderator. Terry also does all the webinars, and has for years.
@xplorer - Super Moderator
@bobwest - Super Moderator (New Guy)

I have known each of the others for many years, and have been (and am) in awe of their work and dedication.

Like I said, I'm learning.

Bob.

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Aragorn View Post
Your answer does not lie in indicators.

You need to simplify everything. Stop looking at multiple markets. Become an expert at trading one market. Become Consistently Profitable Trading one market.

Then, if you want, start looking at a second. But only look and study. Do NOT trade it yet. Look and study it for several months until you can get a grasp on it's personality and it's nuances.

Order Flow seems to be most trader's preference. It is for me. What Volume is coming in to the market. Is it effecting price? Who is in control of price?

I trade the ES with a 500 Volume chart. (If you are, STOP changing charts, time frames and indicators). I trade a Volume chart because, to me, in my mind, I want to compare apples to apples. So if I want to look at Volume and order flow then a Volume chart makes sense.

I still trade with NT7. Sorry, I am used to trading it and I'm not ready to graduate to NT8. I trade with what I am used to and what I am comfortable with. All that said, I return to my hero gomi. Maybe his work can be duplicated on NT8. I don't need to research that. Perhaps one day I will have to.

Here's my 500 Volume chart.

The first panel has gomi's Bid/Ask Ratio. It breaks down Buyers and Sellers per bar. It tells me who is in control.

The second panel has gomi's COT. It breaks down how many Buyers and Sellers from the High and Low of each bar. It tells me how hard Buyers or Sellers are working to move price for directional continuation.

I like these because they are not "setting" dependent. They simply show the number of Buyers and Sellers per bar.

The lines on the main panel are from MyDynamicPivots and draws Fibs from the HOD and LOD. I like lines on my charts because it gives me a frame of reference to reference price action.

Hope it helped. Keep it Simple.

I posted this on another thread but think it belongs here as well.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ES 09-19 (500 Volume)  7_26_2019.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	270318  

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

It's been a while since I added to my journal. My passion for trading has not diminished. As a matter of fact, if anything, it's increased.
I think I posted previously that I no longer trade the 6E- contrary to the Title. Too much info to start another Journal. I was originally trading the 6E in correlation to the USD at Support and Resistance. I didn't trade the USD just the 6E.
Apparently there's something about Correlation Markets that I find appealing because now I trade the ES and NQ.
I still trade Support and Resistance however.
I was trading proprietary levels. "Was" is the operative word. Now, I trade what's free. No need to buy anything. Don't need to. Free suites me just fine.
Fibs, dValue, Previous Fibs and previous dValue.
Sorry, I'm not going to post a screenshot. I've said enough. Besides, this Journal isn't about methodology. It's about trading.
I'm kind of ashamed to say I started keeping a Journal elsewhere- Notepad. I'll transcribe everything here eventually. Most of it's non-descriptive.
Perhaps I should include here what started all this. I had an idea that struck me as rather profound at the time. It was so profound.
I wrote, "Your ability to identify what the Market could be doing is only as good as the comprehensiveness of your list of possibilities."
I think the Market is a combination of art and science.
I suck at art. Still draw stick figures. I have zero creativity. and yet, the ebb and flow of the Market is pure poetry. It breathes and sways. And I'm usually late to see it or recognize it.
My science inclination wants it to fit in a box. Logic. Reason. Apply a formula and let it spit out the correct answer. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. It's like I'm left trying to swat a fly with a hammer.
So that was what precipitated my profound epiphany. Since I lack the creativity necessary, my science mentality says keep a list in front of me of the embodiment of the artsy. Is it possible to reduce Art to a few considerations?
Of late I've started to see ABC pullbacks. Never paid attention to them. They look like reversals.
See, my science mentality would be duped thinking the Market is doing something it's not. I need an artsy ABC "reminder" since I don't have a natural inclination to think it.
More later.

Last Updated on July 10, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts