NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 99 posts (432 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 25 posts (204 thanks)
    3. looks_3 vvhg with 20 posts (49 thanks)
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 19 posts (38 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cpolk2013 with 21.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 8.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 6.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 4.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 671,635 views
    2. thumb_up 6,286 thanks given
    3. group 1,753 followers
    1. forum 1,250 posts
    2. attach_file 780 attachments

Search this Thread

ralett 
Thousand Oaks, Calfornia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Ninja with Rithmic
Trading: CL NQ RTY
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 46

Here is my setup. I run an ASUS ROG laptop pushing 4 Viewsonic monitors. It mainly runs Ninja 8 and Bookmap. A second HP laptop is for spread sheets, journaling, "Trade the News" feed and, of course, browsing Futures.IO!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
62 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
42 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
manuelarturo
caracas/Venezuela

Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 26

i'm feeling in love again!!!
jajaja
love the station of @ralett

great one SIR!

profitpilgrim   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 75

Pleasures and precautions of two 43" TV's as monitor:

Pleasures:

Expanding a chart to full screen, especially if they're both on the same computer, gives a very broad view of price action which is nice for seeing patterns, drawing trend lines, swing highs and lows, etc.

There are less screen borders to cross when viewing a wide view of a chart.

More windows can be put on one chart without their being too small to read.

It seconds as a beautiful large screen TV.

Two 43" 4K TV's in a shallow V formation fit nicely on a six foot wide desk

Precautions:

When you start your PC or bring it out of sleep mode your 4k TV must be powered up first or windows that had been on it at shut down or when put to sleep will open on the primary computer screen instead of where they were on the 4k screen. That's true in Ninjatrader even if the workspace had been saved. It will not tell you there are charts outside the primary screen but will move them to the primary screen automatically. If that happens you'll have to close the workspace and reopen it.

Screen resolutions of 43 inch 4k TV's produce very small text when you share your screen to typical monitors. Changing the screen resolution to 200% will help them but then you'll only be seeing half of your normal workspace and have to scroll more.

Expanding the screen can expand slightly too far so buttons on the title bar are off screen and can't therefore be clicked to return the chart to normal size. You can solve that by using a different resolution in Window's Display settings or better yet for more precision, using custom settings on your video card controlpanel which allows you to adjust expanded charts to fit perfectly without exceeding the edge and without forfeiting screen space when you select from among the standard resolution choices that don't use the whole screen.

Sometimes when a window is opened or an alert pops up your eye doesn't catch it because the screen is so big that it places them outside of your peripheral vision, so you get accustomed to turning your head more.

The advantage of an ergonomic, rocking knee chair:

I've the the pictured knee-chair about 35 years! Unlike other knee-rest chairs that do not rock, this one allows you spine to be constantly changing pressure points as it rocks. When you feel yours knees need a rest you can rock back, or go so far as to extend your legs and put your feet on the floor. In my trading both and step over the top of it when sitting down and getting up. It's easy to reupholster by pulling 4 Allen wrench bolts. Sitting on a chair with a sloped seats rocks your lower back into the right shape and prevents varicose veins from pressure that regular chairs put on the back side of the knee as it folds more sharply over the edge of the seat. Admittedly, if you sit on your knees too much you can get varicose veins in the front of your shins.

My Computers:
I have an older Falcon Trading computer which was well supported and well built, but too old now to keep up. I recently bought a Precision 5820 from Dell Outlet, which leases computers to the Navy and other big spenders. When they are returned from lease they are a great deal. You get 3 years on-sight full service maintenance without buying any additional support. Some of these returned lease computers are maxed out, just like gaming or trading computers. but much cheaper than their new equivalents through trading computer vendors. Dell outlet is not the same as Dell. You have to go to delloutlet.com

Multicomputer mouse:
YOu'll notice I have separate mice for all three computers. I'm planning to get the Logitech MX ERGO mouse which I'm told controls screens from two computers at once simply by dragging the mouse from the screen of one computer to the screen of another. Anyone have experience with this issue. It would be nice to have just one mouse and keyboard for all three computers.

The advantages of also using a laptop:
I use 3 computers. Two are for trading and one for mail, webinars, internet sites, skype etc. If one of the trading computers is a laptop you can take it with you, with or without a big monitor. If the electricity goes out, while other computers are rebooting, the laptop is in service to manage trades as soon as the internet comes back up (if you didn't have a battery backup for it).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Han's Battle Station.JPG
Views:	514
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	278939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Han's Rocking Ergo Chair.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	278942   Click image for larger version

Name:	Han faceshot.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	278945  
 karentrader 
burlington, vt

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 394

Just found out about this contest! I actually spent a lot of time and effort making mine a few years back. Just moved into a new place so nothing on the walls yet, but desk is setup.

Computer is pretty powerful, but didnt like the ugly look of a PC case on the desk. So we painted it something more pleasing to the eye.

Desk is a standing desk. Goes pretty high without too much wobble. Bought the motor/pre-fab legs from a company, and sanded/poly'd a kitchen counter for the desk.

Also have a laptop I can easily place on desk, but don't feel like additional screen space is necessary with the custom tabs in sierrachart

Cheers

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,245
Thanks Received: 5,006

Newbies "setup"(?)

Well, I'm not yet at a place where I can or need to invest lot in lot of things, I trade only local market index so far and that works fine on this little guy of mine. Will update and upgrade as I make progress. But I bet I reminded few ppl of their starting days?

Don't laugh now

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Futurestrader1968
Saskatoon

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 24

Hi There
here is my station.

shortcreeker 
salt Lake city Utah

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: gc, cl, nq
Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 109

Futurestrader1968 View Post
Hi There
here is my station.

I Like your setup...However for the contest I do not see the Futures.io logo anywhere

Futurestrader1968
Saskatoon

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 24

here ya go

Tiang 
Singapore

Experience: Beginner
Platform: IB, TOS, NinjaTrader, MT5
Trading: Stocks,ES, FX
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4

Hi Sir,

Could u share how to setup your NinjaTrader8 Order Flow chart such that it has the candle outline & wick (u have green & red outline)? I can only get the candle box-like outline without the wick.

Thanks

Thanked by:
 riskmaverick 
London + UK

Platform: Thinkorswim, NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 27, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts