NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Valhalla Futures / Will Scheier

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one BeachTrader with 9 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two exptrader with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Cristian with 6 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Dasani with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Valahul with 12 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kburks with 10 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 longboat with 7.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ironman07 with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 35,980 views
    2. thumb_up 70 thanks given
    3. group 18 followers
    1. forum 53 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Valhalla Futures / Will Scheier

ironman07 
Kansas City Mo.

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation
Broker: tradestation
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 47

I also found Will to be evasive. After reading about him here I contacted him and waited over 2 weeks before contacting me back. Tried to get in his chat room because i wanted to see him trade "live" and was told the room was only for students taking the class.. Asked him if he traded live while showing his dome because I didnt want to waste my time or his. Again nothing but evasive responses.
After a quick web search i found him to be located in a small apartment complex not far from where I live. quickly put 2+2 together and realized that someone claiming all the $ on his log would not logically live there.. Oh well again you have to due diligence with all the vendors never taking any references to their word... If you don't see the trades live with accurate fills you are just watching a circus. Like our friend Ed he talks a good game and is a published writer but a successful trader?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

I have been hot and cold with Will's method over the last few months. I think much of his system relies on experience, especially scalping experience. In reality, I don't like scalping that much - I have tried it several times and am not that great at it. I cannot achieve the same results as Will and have decided to move back to looking for only a couple of trades a day where I am more comfortable. Also, I am focusing on my trading psychology now, not just the method and am much more comfortable with my trading.

Thanked by:

kburks 
Boynton Beach

Trading: ES,TF,CL
Thanks Given: 327
Thanks Received: 146

BeachTrader View Post
I have been hot and cold with Will's method over the last few months. I think much of his system relies on experience, especially scalping experience. In reality, I don't like scalping that much - I have tried it several times and am not that great at it. I cannot achieve the same results as Will and have decided to move back to looking for only a couple of trades a day where I am more comfortable. Also, I am focusing on my trading psychology now, not just the method and am much more comfortable with my trading.

It is hard to admit when we are wrong, it's human nature. It is very hard when it cost us 3000.00 to be wrong, that's THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS. It was hard for me to admit it to myself. His system does rely on experience, and he is very experienced in making inquiring minds believe that they are one of only a hand full of people that he will let into his course. He is very experienced in making people believe that his THREE THOUSAND DOLLAR course is full of new trading knowledge, the 8-10 week course is nothing but a review of his 50.00 book (a good read mind you, just nothing new, reinvention of the trade wheel), oh that's right there were 2 times that he taught "Serial Sequen" (?SP), which basically just counts waves and puts a number above each new high. He is very experienced at teaching you everything about confluence between his indicators, on the 1 Min chart. Everything is taught on the one minute chart, and then in the chat room he makes all his trades on a tick chart (WHAT THE F#%$). And there is never confluence between his indicators when he calls a trade, a trade that you cannot follow. He is very experienced giving his lessons in 1 hour webinars, Wednesdays, and repeats it on Sundays, if you ask a question, he belittles you in front of the other class members, telling you to not ask that question, just listen and your question will be addressed in the lecture. Most do not ask questions much after the first thrashing, and when they do they are walking on eggshells, or kissing his ass thinking they don't want to spoil a relationship that is teaching them the holy grail. No offence BeachTrader, we have all been "Hot and Cold" with different trading methods. The bottom line is the book was not worth 3000.00, THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS. We are here in this Forum to get help, and give back after taking that help (at least I am). So please take a big deep breath, let the pain move through you, admit it. Then give back to other traders that may be close to dropping THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS (That's 3000.00 $$$). Pay it forward. The only thing I have ever purchased in my endeavor to learn how to trade, that was worth anywhere near 3000.00 is the 100.00 that I paid to be an elite member here on this forum. Please PAY IT FORWARD........

Thanked by:

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

kburks View Post
It is hard to admit when we are wrong, it's human nature. It is very hard when it cost us 3000.00 to be wrong, that's THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS. It was hard for me to admit it to myself. His system does rely on experience, and he is very experienced in making inquiring minds believe that they are one of only a hand full of people that he will let into his course. He is very experienced in making people believe that his THREE THOUSAND DOLLAR course is full of new trading knowledge, the 8-10 week course is nothing but a review of his 50.00 book (a good read mind you, just nothing new, reinvention of the trade wheel), oh that's right there were 2 times that he taught "Serial Sequen" (?SP), which basically just counts waves and puts a number above each new high. He is very experienced at teaching you everything about confluence between his indicators, on the 1 Min chart. Everything is taught on the one minute chart, and then in the chat room he makes all his trades on a tick chart (WHAT THE F#%$). And there is never confluence between his indicators when he calls a trade, a trade that you cannot follow. He is very experienced giving his lessons in 1 hour webinars, Wednesdays, and repeats it on Sundays, if you ask a question, he belittles you in front of the other class members, telling you to not ask that question, just listen and your question will be addressed in the lecture. Most do not ask questions much after the first thrashing, and when they do they are walking on eggshells, or kissing his ass thinking they don't want to spoil a relationship that is teaching them the holy grail. No offence BeachTrader, we have all been "Hot and Cold" with different trading methods. The bottom line is the book was not worth 3000.00, THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS. We are here in this Forum to get help, and give back after taking that help (at least I am). So please take a big deep breath, let the pain move through you, admit it. Then give back to other traders that may be close to dropping THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS (That's 3000.00 $$$). Pay it forward. The only thing I have ever purchased in my endeavor to learn how to trade, that was worth anywhere near 3000.00 is the 100.00 that I paid to be an elite member here on this forum. Please PAY IT FORWARD........

Wow @kburks! I'm sorry your experience with Will was so crappy. I came to the decision that I don't want to trade like him, but my time with Will was not as negative as you. I had a different experience with the lessons - I enjoyed them, asked questions, and was not belittled. That would have pissed me off too. Anyway, I am not angry I spent $3,000 as I did learn about waves, market structure, types of days, etc. and still use many of his indicators in my current trading. Was it worth $3,000? Probably not in retrospect but I got a lot more value from it than the price of a book, that's for sure. But maybe that was just me. Will's course was better than some I took, but I am happier the way I am currently trading than with Will (mainly longer term price action).

Thanked by:

xiaosi 
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: JIGSAW/SIERRA CHART
Broker: MacQuarie Futures/AMP Clearing/CQG
Trading: HHI, HSI, FDAX
Thanks Given: 448
Thanks Received: 535

BeachTrader View Post
Wow @kburks! I'm sorry your experience with Will was so crappy. I came to the decision that I don't want to trade like him, but my time with Will was not as negative as you. I had a different experience with the lessons - I enjoyed them, asked questions, and was not belittled. That would have pissed me off too. Anyway, I am not angry I spent $3,000 as I did learn about waves, market structure, types of days, etc. and still use many of his indicators in my current trading. Was it worth $3,000? Probably not in retrospect but I got a lot more value from it than the price of a book, that's for sure. But maybe that was just me. Will's course was better than some I took, but I am happier the way I am currently trading than with Will (mainly longer term price action).

Pretty amazing how much people are willing to pay for trading courses. Its a huge industry...

I once offered free trading courses to people on another forum as a bet with another member, 2 years ago. I have a good reputation on that forum too, mind you i had no public track record. That in itself was the same as the guys that charged, i had 3 students in 6 months. They really were not interested when i told them there was nothing special about trading, other than lots of hard work, a ton of screen time, a large account and good risk management. Without the elusive attraction of a holy grail on offer, a couple walked away after a week. I hope they're in a better place, i hoped i saved them some money.

XS

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 Dasani 
United States of America

Experience: Advanced
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 40

I have heard a few of you Valhalla traders mention that Will uses tick charts when trading in the room? I remember seeing this in one of the extra videos on his site when you buy his book or on one of his webinars. But I don't remember where it was I saw it or what setting he used. I think I remember a 6 tick setting (range bars?) and a 233-tick setting. Am I close on either one? Thanks. Well, after looking at the book again, I did see that he has a 6 tick chart to look inside the 1-min bars on the companion site. Wow, those charts must move really fast. And I thought 4 tick range charts moved fast at the open.

Rural WA State 
Walla Walla

Platform: TOS, NT
Trading: Rut
Thanks Received: 11

Does anyone know if Will Scheier of Valhalla Futures is still taking students? I've emailed him three times over 3 weeks and gotten no response. I even ordered the software he has for sale on his site. No response on that.

I've read his book twice and used some of his methods successfully, but I don't want to spend more time studying his system if he's no longer taking students.

I searched the futures io site and the most recent information on him is from 2015. Thus, if anyone has any recent information, especially the best way to contact him, I'd be very grateful.

Thanked by:
 dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

His blog is still being updated so he is in business. I had a chat with him years ago, he is heavily relying on his sequential indicator but has no evidence of ability to trade life. Yes, he has trading room, but doesn't invite visitors anymore. It makes sense to get free pass to the trading room and see trades placed live before shelling three grands for his course. And make sure sequential is upgraded to NT8, software you ordered is only for NT7 and most of it or all available here.

Rural WA State View Post
Does anyone know if Will Scheier of Valhalla Futures is still taking students? I've emailed him three times over 3 weeks and gotten no response. I even ordered the software he has for sale on his site. No response on that.

I've read his book twice and used some of his methods successfully, but I don't want to spend more time studying his system if he's no longer taking students.

I searched the futures io site and the most recent information on him is from 2015. Thus, if anyone has any recent information, especially the best way to contact him, I'd be very grateful.

Thanked by:
 Rural WA State 
Walla Walla

Platform: TOS, NT
Trading: Rut
Thanks Received: 11

dk27 View Post
His blog is still being updated so he is in business. I had a chat with him years ago, he is heavily relying on his sequential indicator but has no evidence of ability to trade life. Yes, he has trading room, but doesn't invite visitors anymore. It makes sense to get free pass to the trading room and see trades placed live before shelling three grands for his course. And make sure sequential is upgraded to NT8, software you ordered is only for NT7 and most of it or all available here.

dk27: Thanks very much. This is the first information I've gotten regarding Will and his website.

A question: When you referred to his sequential software, you noted "most of it or all available here." Could you please direct me to where that is available?

dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

I referred to his exhaustion grid software which are opening range, day, overnight highs, lows, etc. all available here in downloads section, but he is very secretive about sequential so I have no idea about it.

Rural WA State View Post
dk27: Thanks very much. This is the first information I've gotten regarding Will and his website.

A question: When you referred to his sequential software, you noted "most of it or all available here." Could you please direct me to where that is available?

Last Updated on May 10, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts