NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Spot FX Day Trading: The Jigsaw

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mokodo with 179 posts (116 thanks)
    2. looks_two Adamus with 40 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 blackdogfx with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ratfink with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Adamus with 0.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mokodo with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 39,976 views
    2. thumb_up 155 thanks given
    3. group 17 followers
    1. forum 242 posts
    2. attach_file 141 attachments

Search this Thread

Spot FX Day Trading: The Jigsaw

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

mokodo View Post
Know thyself!

I plan to maintain this journal weekly from now on.

Great post, thanks.

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Adamus 
London, UK

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, home-grown Java
Broker: IB/IQFeed
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 789

Very interesting, sounds like a solid decision. I think many successful traders operate that way.

The only downside, I suspect, is you will get more volatility in your returns, esp. when your method is not in tune with the market.

but obviously if the equity curve is overall better, then that's not a bad thing.

PS any interesting tips from your reading into psychology etc?

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

mokodo 
Bridgwater, UK

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: MB Trading
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 525
Thanks Received: 348

Adamus View Post
Very interesting, sounds like a solid decision. I think many successful traders operate that way.

The only downside, I suspect, is you will get more volatility in your returns, esp. when your method is not in tune with the market.

but obviously if the equity curve is overall better, then that's not a bad thing.

PS any interesting tips from your reading into psychology etc?

Early days with the trade management side of things, but so far it feels right. And my performance is picking up too, which is whole point!

In regards to the psychology side of things I've started a thread as a placeholder:

There is a ton of stuff in this area and, time allowing, I'll try to populate with a good selection, most of which is worth a critical read IMO.

Currently I am reading about psycho-physiology. How the body and mind interact to emotion, thoughts, mood etc. I have an HRV monitor which measures a few features of heart beat (not just heart rate) and that is fascinating to watch in real-time as I consider trades. take trades, etc. I'm just playing with it really but have already found a few patterns. I hacked one together using an Arduino (open source embedded electronics) and a heart sensor and then feed the raw data into Excel with few rudimentary macros. It is far from scientific but I think is accurate enough as a first step. Whole set-up cost about 50.00GBP.

I'm also looking into intuition as I have been rule governed for set-ups (up to now) but increasingly wanting to just trade from the gut. Having read up on it I have found the confidence to incorporate intuitive entries within trading guidelines (rather than rules) and that has removed a great deal of conflict - so far.

The field of emotion regulation is relevant to trading too and I have enjoyed learning about some of these ideas. There is a researcher James Gross who has driven a lot of work in this area. I have a few papers of his which I'll post to the other thread soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

know thyself
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 18, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts