NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Allistah's Weekly Options Seller Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Allistah with 53 posts (42 thanks)
    2. looks_two delanth with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SeeTrader with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cwerdna with 4 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Allistah with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SeeTrader with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cwerdna with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 16,633 views
    2. thumb_up 49 thanks given
    3. group 12 followers
    1. forum 81 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Allistah's Weekly Options Seller Journal

Allistah
Bay Area, CA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 64

Hey all --

It looks like we are set up for a bearish week. Thats my assessment. Bearish on the weekly, daily, and hourly. The arrows are point to key fib lines and divergences.

I read a book by Robert Miner. He teaches you how to use multiple fib lines from different data on the chart and helps you pick the areas that are most likely to be support or resistance. When they group up, they're a lot stronger. The arrows are pointing out these groups. Some of the other areas with single lines can still be strong, but when you have groups, it's sort of confirmation that those are strong areas.

I'll be looking for more entries in the next two days and thats it for the week. I won't take any trades after Tuesday. It will be hard to do on Tuesday but if I get the credit I'll do it. Most likely the credits aren't there on Tuesday. Too much theta has decayed at that point.

So we will see if anything shows an entry tomorrow. I will work hard to only take good entries and pay attention to not take entries that don't make sense.

Here is my chart for the Dow. We will see what tomorrow brings! :-)

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
Allistah
Bay Area, CA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 64

Back when we had only monthly options it was common practice to say to close down the trade if you were able to capture 80% of the max profit. Now that we have weekly options I don't know what I should be doing. Right now I wait until almost expiration to close them but only if there is a problem with it.

I was thinking of maybe putting in sell orders to close the spread early but just wanted to hear what others opinions were on the matter. If I sell a spread for $2.25, at what would a good number be to buy it back at? 0.05? 0.01?

-Allistah

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 23, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts