NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Allistah's Weekly Options Seller Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Allistah with 53 posts (42 thanks)
    2. looks_two delanth with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SeeTrader with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cwerdna with 4 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Allistah with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SeeTrader with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cwerdna with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 16,699 views
    2. thumb_up 49 thanks given
    3. group 12 followers
    1. forum 81 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Allistah's Weekly Options Seller Journal

Allistah
Bay Area, CA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 64

The market is now closed. All of last weeks bull put spreads expired worthless this week. Here are is the final results showing the return. 50.2% return on investment this week - after commissions.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
 SeeTrader 
Missouri

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 169
Thanks Received: 34

Allistah View Post
The market is now closed. All of last weeks bull put spreads expired worthless this week. Here are is the final results showing the return. 50.2% return on investment this week - after commissions.

Very Nice Job!!

Vikings1 
Minneapolis, MN, USA

Experience: Master
Platform: ninjatrader, TOS
Trading: Weekly Options
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 418

Great job!

Have a great weekend.

PS: You might want to take a quick look at some of my picks for next Monday, they maybe of interest to you.

Mike

Allistah View Post

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 mongoose 
Chicago, IL

Experience: None
Platform: oil super computer
Trading: multiple
Thanks Given: 817
Thanks Received: 433

Allistah View Post

For selling options wouldnt it be return on risk or return on margin, since your not really putting any money in to begin with. Maybe im just being nitpicky , either way nice return.

Allistah
Bay Area, CA

Sure, that wording seems to make more sense since I didn't really invest it. :-)

plethora 
Los Angeles, CA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: GC
Thanks Given: 1,174
Thanks Received: 425

Awesome journal. You have the gift of making the complex simple and I love how you nailed this week's direction. Could you discuss more about the Strike Spread, please? Also, I've noticed the settings on your StochRSI hourly chart are different from the Daily and Weekly though the MACD settings are the same in all three timeframes, so that is something to add to your rules. And the Miner book you mentioned is his most recent one, right?

Also, if you haven't seen this vid you will be captivated as some say the method employed was selling Vertical Credit Spreads.
Now that I understand more from your thread it surely seems that way based on clues she has given: Karen, the REAL SuperTrader, interviewed on Get Tasted - YouTube

ETA: watching the vid again and you can see how a CPA would be attracted to and feel comfortable with credit/(debit) side of vertical spreads. Very interesting.

Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Plethora, I didn't think "Karen" was using bear call spreads? Thought she said she gave up on trying to figure out price direction and the "minutia" and was using strangles. And her gain was actually more like 50% a year. More of my comments on that tastytrade video:

Of course, by that measure, Allistah is doing far faster p/l% gain by being right directionally.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Allistah
Bay Area, CA

Hey guys...

I checked on the spreads today after the market closed and everything is looking good at this point. Still have four more days to go so there is still a lot of time left to make things go sour but I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

My current assessment of the DJI:

Weekly: Bearish, is currently making a lower high - the first part of a confirmed downtrend
Daily: Bullish, but last moves down were on higher volume which indicates market sentiment is shifting to bearish

Things are still looking good for a Friday bearish expiration at this point unless some news shifts things around a bit. We shall see... ;-)

Allistah
Bay Area, CA

All of my spreads are looking perfect at this point for a Friday expiration as long as things don't rocket upward.

I've taken a run through my watch list and found that there is a bit of a discrepancy on where things are. On the weekly charts we've just left the overbought zone and heading down. The daily is very oversold and most are poised for an up day or two.

So what does that mean for tomorrow which is the first day that next weeks options are available? It means that I most likely will not be entering any trades tomorrow. I'm expecting an up day or two so if we get an up day tomorrow then I will wait to see what happens on Friday. If thats an up day as well I'll watch for an overbought condition on the hourly chart and start selling bearish spreads. I'd like to get in on Friday so I get those two free days of theta decay over the weekend.

-Allistah

Thanked by:
Allistah
Bay Area, CA

As you can see in my previous posts, I'm bullish short term. I sold some bullish spreads this morning and I plan on closing them after a couple of days after there is some movement. Do not plan on holding these for more than 3 days.

Here are the trades that I just entered:

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 23, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts