NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

speedytradingservers.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sam028 with 33 posts (89 thanks)
    2. looks_two Happyface with 11 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Superdoug3 with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Daytrader999 with 10 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two sam028 with 2.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Happyface with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Daytrader999 with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 73,475 views
    2. thumb_up 295 thanks given
    3. group 54 followers
    1. forum 150 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

speedytradingservers.com review

Chippstrader 
Randolph+NJ/US
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Stage5/Advantage Futures
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 5,241
Thanks Received: 3,656

Can the server accessed from India? One of my friend is looking to access US markets and trade.

--------
Chipps
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

chipps1983 View Post
Can the server accessed from India? One of my friend is looking to access US markets and trade.

Yes, we already have clients in India.
We never had any clients from North Korea but I think it the only country where it would be a problem .
It also works from continental China, the "Great Firewall" doesn't seems to be a problem.

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Happyface 
Los Angeles, California, United States

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES/ZN/CL/6E
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 35

chipps1983 View Post

@chipps1983 The short answer would be “yes”, assuming your friend in India has access to the World Wide Web. However, if he is only accessing the US markets, I would suggest Sam's NYC or Chicago VPS locations for best results.

The objective being that the server is as close to the data feed and order handling gateway as possible, e.g., in my reference above to the Paris servers I am trying to get as close as possible to London based data feed and order handling.

Good Luck,
Happyface

Quoting 
I plan to live forever, so far so good!

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Mabi 
sweden

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader,MetaTrader
Trading: futures, FX
Thanks Given: 121
Thanks Received: 136

sam028 View Post
Yes, we already have clients in India.
We never had any clients from North Korea but I think it the only country where it would be a problem .
It also works from continental China, the "Great Firewall" doesn't seems to be a problem.

I am using it both from my home Office in China and at Office and Hotels in India. Works just fine always !

Thanked by:
coccigelus
bangkok

Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 12

I want to give an unconditioned 5 stars rate to the business run by Sam.

I am costumer since 1 year now and all what I can say is that the business is run by a professional that know in deeply his stuff. He has been very patient to answer at my questions and most importantly always available to address technical issues. ( in my case often related by my connection )

Last and not last I found him an extremely honest guy that not necessarily suggest to his costumer setup more expensive toward cheaper. This undoubtedly keeps me extremely comfortable to run my mechanical system on his server.

I would not hesitate to suggest everyone that need a vps/dedicated server to take in consideration speedytradingservers.

Thanked by:
 magicknow 
Ojai CA/USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Broker: Stage 5 and NinjaTrader Brokerage Continum
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 14

Sam

I am considering using your server and have some questions

I currently run four monitors
2- 2560x1600 1- 4096 x 2160 and 1 2560 x 1080

What is the limit to what I can expect to see running on your platform? What are the screen
resolution limitations?

I am a discretionary trader mostly on CL I enter my orders with a limit order and this initiates an ATM strategy to manage it.

Am I correct that when I place limit order on my Ninja Trader 7 chart that that order is immediately (within a couple of seconds) sent to the exchange and that when the price is reached the order is expected at the exchange? If this is correct does have the VPS give my any advantage?

Regarding the Stop loss order (market order) that is entered with the ATM does the dedicated server give me any advantage here as far as slippage or is the Stop loss order pre-loaded at the exchange and my fill will be the same in either case?

When CL is very active NT7 can get bogged down because I use small tick charts (UniRenko) for my short term analysis and trigger chart.

Given the server is at the exchange and the data coming in would have much less latency that my PC in SoCal would NT7 be more responsive during peak times? If so can you quantify that in any way?

If I am trading CL what server location is best for me?

Thanks

Thanked by:

sam028 
Site Moderator

magicknow View Post
Sam

I am considering using your server and have some questions

I currently run four monitors
2- 2560x1600 1- 4096 x 2160 and 1 2560 x 1080

What is the limit to what I can expect to see running on your platform? What are the screen
resolution limitations?

The limit is 16 monitors and 32766 x 32766 for the max virtual desktop limit.

But, and this is a big but, if your latency to the VPS is high and/or with a not too great Internet bandwidth, things will look sluggish with a bunch of charts/DOMs blinking and updating pixels all over your 4 monitors.
On a local PC you have few inches between a graphic card and a monitor, the display latency is very low (few ms, because of the monitors themselves and not the cable length). With a remote server the display/mouse/keyboard events are travelling though the Internet for hundreds/thousands miles, the latency can then be visible.

Quoting 
I am a discretionary trader mostly on CL I enter my orders with a limit order and this initiates an ATM strategy to manage it.

Am I correct that when I place limit order on my Ninja Trader 7 chart that that order is immediately (within a couple of seconds) sent to the exchange and that when the price is reached the order is expected at the exchange? If this is correct does have the VPS give my any advantage?

That's correct, but it's less than 2 seconds, maybe 0.3 sec from SoCal.
For a limit entry all depends on the broker's technology used, see Where do your orders reside? - [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Support Forum .
For a discretionary entry the advantage is usually null or very low.

Quoting 
Regarding the Stop loss order (market order) that is entered with the ATM does the dedicated server give me any advantage here as far as slippage or is the Stop loss order pre-loaded at the exchange and my fill will be the same in either case?

This is where you have a real advantage: the VPS will receive ticks in less than 1 ms instead of 100/120 ms from SoCal.
It means the ATM will be able to deal with this new ticks much quicker. The orders will be updated quicker, and they will be received by your broker's gateway much quicker too. It means less slippage and better fills.
I had unsolicited comments from users claiming their VPS monthly fee was absorbed in few trades (positive slippage)...

Quoting 
When CL is very active NT7 can get bogged down because I use small tick charts (UniRenko) for my short term analysis and trigger chart.

Given the server is at the exchange and the data coming in would have much less latency that my PC in SoCal would NT7 be more responsive during peak times? If so can you quantify that in any way?

If I am trading CL what server location is best for me?

Thanks

A lower latency should not change this, unless your own PC is under-powered.
Unless using Interactive Brokers with your account hosted in Connecticut, and not in Chicago, then for all other brokers Chicago is the place to be. Most futures brokers have their servers in the same building as our server, few floors lower or higher.

What's important to understand is:
- the tick data and the orders are received/send faster
- if you're in position with ATMs running, your own PC can go down, things will keep running and we'll be managed by the remote NinjaTrader

Thanked by:

sam028 
Site Moderator

Infinite View Post
There is still the latency from my home office to your servers correct. I ping CQG servers at about 32ms. Explain if you can please.

32ms from a Speedy's VPS in Chicago to CQG closest servers? You may not ping the right server, or your VPS is in NJ and not in Chicago.
Try with this IP 64.208.51.225

Thanked by:

sam028 
Site Moderator

Infinite View Post
I have no VPS. What I am asking that from my home to your VPS there will be latency correct. I know your VPS to a CQG server is very fast but I still click my mouse on my home office PC, then it would trigger the same action at your VPS, Then go to the CQG server correct?

Ah okay, sorry.
Yes, all below 100/120 ms is fine. The lag starts to be really visible above 250 ms.

Thanked by:
 Wartrace 
Wartrace,TN usa

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 50
Thanks Received: 55

Is it possible to use multiple 4k monitors with Speedy trading servers? I have been trying to research this but have conflicting information.

I am using Ninja trader. I currently have one 42in 4k monitor running at 3840 x 2160 resolution. I would like to add a second monitor set up vertically to display my DOM and tapes.

Is this possible?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 12, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts