NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

speedytradingservers.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sam028 with 33 posts (89 thanks)
    2. looks_two Happyface with 11 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Superdoug3 with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Daytrader999 with 10 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two sam028 with 2.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Happyface with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Daytrader999 with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 73,475 views
    2. thumb_up 295 thanks given
    3. group 54 followers
    1. forum 150 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

speedytradingservers.com review

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

@Rikers11:
Well, although I'm not trading automated strategies as I already mentioned before, I am using a VPS to

a) access the VPS from everywhere at any time without the need to use my Trading Computer at home

b) receive a faster datafeed with much lower latency than I have from Germany, and

c) having said that, this results in better fills with much less slippage as I was used to

So, bottom line I think I made the right decision regarding my needs.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Rikers11 
Zagreb Croatia

Experience: None
Platform: EBS
Trading: e6
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 16

Daytrader999 View Post
@Rikers11:
Well, although I'm not trading automated strategies as I already mentioned before, I am using a VPS to

a) access the VPS from everywhere at any time without the need to use my Trading Computer at home

I see, this is a good benefit...

Daytrader999 View Post
b) receive a faster datafeed with much lower latency than I have from Germany, and

I'm not following, you are still getting the latency from VPS to Germay and it should add to the same if you are clicking market orders...

Daytrader999 View Post
c) having said that, this results in better fills with much less slippage as I was used to

can you explain that? what orders do you use?

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Rikers11 View Post
I'm not following, you are still getting the latency from VPS to Germay and it should add to the same if you are clicking market orders...

I can't agree on that. It makes a difference when the price prints on a chart with a latency of 1 or 2 milliseconds or with 380-550 milliseconds on my home computer (depending on connection status).
But perhaps you can ask @sam028 to go in further details on that.

Rikers11 View Post
can you explain that? what orders do you use?

I am using mainly (Stop) Limit Orders and I often didn't get filled when I worked from my Trading Computer at home. When using Limit or Market Orders I had to take at least 1 or 2 ticks of slippage most of the time.

This situation improved dramatically since I'm using a VPS...and to make that clear, I'm not affiliated in any way with Sam's business, that's just my personal experience so far.

Thanked by:

Rikers11 
Zagreb Croatia

Experience: None
Platform: EBS
Trading: e6
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 16

ok, the only question there is: whats your broker and more importantly price-fed provider (Zen TT etc.)? ( Mirus Futures / Zen-Fire ?)

this makes me puzzled...

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Rikers11 View Post
ok, the only question there is: whats your broker and more importantly price-fed provider (Zen TT etc.)? ( Mirus Futures / Zen-Fire ?)

Yes, I'm using Mirus Futures (Dorman Account) with Zen-Fire datafeed.

Thanked by:

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

Here is one more positive vote for Speedy Trading Servers.

I finally pulled the trigger on the medium space after finishing a major software / hardware update and
going through two trial periods.

My need is simple. I live in the country outside of Nashville, Tennessee and the internet connectivity
is ludicrous at best. Speed is slow and dropouts are frequent.

I just needed safety for my orders after being placed. I use multi-screen and it is a bit sluggish due to
my bandwidth, however, I trade with Limit Orders and wait for price to come to me so the interface is
not so critical. The key is, when I place the order at the price I want, my ATM can handle the rest
when the internet blinks. My trade is safe and sound in Chicago. The fills are lightening fast.

Sam is a wonderful cat and I could not be happier.

As I will live in the country the rest of my life, it appears I am a lifetime customer.

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,534

I am pleased to announce that Speedy Trading Servers has been added on our Elite Partners page. Elite Members who are interested in @sam028's server hosting can receive one free month of service when signing up for a new three month subscription.

You can access the offers page here:
https://nexusfi.com/elite_membership/

Note: Big Mike Trading does not receive compensation for these referrals, we simply worked out these special deals to help our Elite Members who have chosen to support the site. Even though we believe these are great products and services, you should always do your own research before doing business with a company.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 tgibbs 
Temecula, CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 91
Thanks Received: 172

That's awesome Mike! I just signed up with Sam as well, I was setup within a couple hours from when I emailed him. I am using a server for the same reason tderrick is using one. Internet connection can't be trusted where I am at. Single screen works well, multi monitor lags some but not too bad. Overall, very impressed!

Thanked by:

Happyface 
Los Angeles, California, United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES/ZN/CL/6E
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 35

Fellow futures.io (formerly BMT) Traders;

First thanks for all the great posting to my string, and glad to highlight a great value for money and service with speedytradingservers.com

Here are a couple of additional points, as food for thought:

Location, Location, Location;

New Locations: As many of you already my know speedytradingservers.com has added VPS at the NJ data center. I have tested with a very heavy trade “load test” as well as various “pings” into NYC feeds and all very good. Word has it that there are also some additional locations available in Europe. It is my understanding that speedytradingservers.com may soon have a location in Paris so to split the difference between Frankfurt and London. I once had a server in the Frankfurt main bunker, and I’m sure the split between Frankfurt and London probably adds no more than a few milliseconds.

Cost vs. Speed (finding the sweet spot for a small trader)

It is all about getting as close to the data source and B/D order gateway at the exchange as possible of the product you are trading. If you have lots of money, you can get almost in the same server rack as the exchange and direct cross connect (non-internet connect). The challenge for most of us is doing this on a budget and getting the biggest bang for the fewest dollars. In my case the difference is moving from my VPS across the street to the CME building, with maybe max 4000 microseconds improvements, but the cost will be 100+ times or more (how much is that a micro second? Ha!), than the cost that I am paying now to speedytradingservers.com

Your Own Little Personal Redundancy system (and peace of mind so you can sleep at night!):

If down time is a cost or loss of money to you, and trading from home is not as reliable as trading from a VPS, how can we also cheap out (not in service just in cost) for even more redundancy? The first step is getting the trading off your home computer and benefiting from the infrastructure reliability of a VPS. The big traders pay dearly to have guarantees service contracts against down time. Super Storm Sandy did not affect the NJ datacenter, and I was very impressed at how reliable the service was seeing that Goldman and the NYSE were the only ones open a day later with huge generators setting out on the street with fuel trust to keep the generators going!.. So to hedge against geographical risk……. The first step in redundancy is from home to VPS. We use to have a backup server in a different location “pinging” the trading server every few seconds, and if any message failed, then have the backup server to take over the B/D account connection, first for account loss prevention on open trades, and/or additional active new trade management. I have not addressed this with speedytradingservers.com , but establishing a virtual redundancy VPS backup server in a different geographic location should not be a problem. For Example: Say you are trading futures out of Chicago, and you want to do a backup server out of… say the NJ data center. In this example you are messaging from the NJ server to the Chicago server. If for any reason the Chicago server cannot be “pinged”, then the NJ server can log into your trade account and perform a variety of trade management functions. Even at speedytradingservers.com very competitive monthly rates, doing a back-up server may not be necessary for the individual trader. However with small to midsize managed fund, this type of low budget redundancy might just be the ticket for added peace of mind. Last year speedytradingservers.com is running our of Chicago for the network at 100% uptime, and for the the servers 99.99905% (a single outage on a single server, in August) , which is amazing reliability for the price, and good enough for me!

Happy New Year futures.io (formerly BMT) fellow traders.

VBPR,
Happyface

Quoting 
I plan to live forever, so far so good!

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

Thanks @Happyface!

The main problem in having > 99.999% uptime in a year, on two different locations, it that it's hard to do better .

About the location redundancy, we already have this with our monitoring system, and the user who wants it can receive an email or a SMS if their NJ is not reachable from Chicago, or if Ninjatrader.exe is not running for example.
And the "backup" idea, with a cheap VPS, seems to be used by some of my users, prop firms and small hedge funds.

The idea of opening an European location is almost dead. I finally found a good datacenter, with very good latency to Frankfurt and London, all was looking great until I asked few simple questions to the support. And then, what I saw was really too scary... I may have no problems in this data center for years, but I can't take this risk, so I'll keep searching for the good data center with affordable prices, and an excellent support, but I've searching and trying for months, so I'm not very optimistic...

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 12, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts