NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

speedytradingservers.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sam028 with 33 posts (89 thanks)
    2. looks_two Happyface with 11 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Superdoug3 with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Daytrader999 with 10 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two sam028 with 2.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Happyface with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Daytrader999 with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 73,521 views
    2. thumb_up 295 thanks given
    3. group 54 followers
    1. forum 150 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

speedytradingservers.com review

Happyface 
Los Angeles, California, United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES/ZN/CL/6E
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 35

sam028 View Post
speedtest is not really made for very fast servers, the max speed is 1Gb/s (125 MBytes/s), and not a lot of speedtest servers can do that (I had sometimes some -1 values from speedtest, because it was unable to deal with these kind of speeds).

Agreed, and this was my point about the round trip PING speed test into the RMS gateway at the exchange, rather than just an internet speed test. However, any way you look at it the server numbers are much better than my home office (allbeit T1+ and Dual Quad Core processor). Location, location, location!

Quoting 
I plan to live forever, so far so good!

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Luger 
Nashville, TN

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: NQ ES
Thanks Given: 323
Thanks Received: 543

This is definitely a good option for someone looking to move their automated trading off-site. The prices are good, and the server location is great. I wish I had known about these VPS when I was setting up my dedicated server. I could have saved a good bit of money and gotten better location since my bot does not require much processing power.

As someone that has looked at other solutions for off-site automated trading, these guys would be my first recommendation for someone looking to move their automated trading server to a hosting solution.

Thanked by:

liquidcci 
Austin, TX

Experience: Master
Platform: ninjatrader, r-trader
Trading: NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 610
Thanks Received: 1,091

Happyface View Post
In addition to the obvious speed and bandwidth, there is also another factor in play and that relates to service interruption risk. You can have interruption in your broadband, electric, viruses on your home computer, etc., etc. Under a remote server set up, even if your electricity goes off at home office, you can access the server via a number of remote access apps for smart phones and iPads and/or the closest WiFi. I have friends that come to BBQs and monitor their remote servers trading from their iPad. It almost like the days before mobile phone when you were tethered to a hard wire land line phone.

Right on. For me service interruption is a vital consideration for going with a remote server in a data center. There are a few things you can do at home to try and mitigate interruptions but nothing compares to a remote server setup and the protections it provides.

When I travel and am out I love being able to use my phone to access the server if needed. I don't watch the market much until my AT takes a trade and sends me email. Then I keep an eye via phone no matter where I am. Don't even need a laptop. Have to love the technology available to us.

@sam028 has a great setup and pricing for what you get.

"The day I became a winning trader was the day it became boring. Daily losses no longer bother me and daily wins no longer excited me. Took years of pain and busting a few accounts before finally got my mind right. I survived the darkness within and now just chillax and let my black box do the work."
Thanked by:

keymoo 
Bedford, UK

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SierraChart/TT Feed
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 212
Thanks Received: 215

Happyface View Post
Keymoo, you were helpful to me on my prior string regarding limit order, I thought I would address your bandwidth point from my POV. My ping tests above is a round trip and therefore also measures with upload and download speed. However, I thought I would run a standard bandwidth test so everyone can compare in Mbps measurements. Again this is utilizing the same online bandwidth test both from My SoCal computer and the SpeedyTradingServer this morning

I have a dual problem. High latency and low bandwidth. Unfortunately I cannot do anything about it at the moment, there are no options open to me. My bandwidth requirements are too low to support remote monitor viewing and my ping times to chicago are about 100ms. I will just have to live with it for now.

Happyface View Post
Keymoo, in my prior string about Limit Order fills you provided some detailed posts (which were most helpful). In one you referenced “First In First Filled” as to order handling. Although speed is a MUST for auto traders, it is also important for anyone that wants the very best shot a good order fill at the price you want it to be filled. I look at it this way, always give your order the best possible position in the order queue! You actually helped me understand that being in best possible position in the order queue directly equates to trade fill efficiency. Trading is like 50% trade strategy and 50% trade order management, especially with limit orders. Getting in the front of the order line is a big part of getting filled and making any trade strategy work more efficently.

In addition to the obvious speed and bandwidth, there is also another factor in play and that relates to service interruption risk. You can have interruption in your broadband, electric, viruses on your home computer, etc., etc. Under a remote server set up, even if your electricity goes off at home office, you can access the server via a number of remote access apps for smart phones and iPads and/or the closest WiFi. I have friends that come to BBQs and monitor their remote servers trading from their iPad. It almost like the days before mobile phone when you were tethered to a hard wire land line phone.

It take no real bandwidth for your home office computer to remote view a server, since all the charts and program load is on the server.

Get a remote server already, and leave the old home computer at home with the old hard wire land phone (yes I still have a hard wire land line also, ha!)

Happy Trading everyone!

VBPR, Happyface

I agree with everything you have said (except the bandwidth requirements to view charts on a remote server) and do in fact have my own Bare Metal Hypervisor at home (VMWare ESXi) with my trading PC on it. If I ever move home or get a better internet connection, or rent an office with good internet I will be renting a SpeedyTradingServer. No question about it.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

MWinfrey 
Lubbock TX

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Stage 5 Trading
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 1,450
Thanks Received: 3,335

I have a strategy running on one of their servers. Did a trial period of a week, liked it, and am currently renting space. I am going this route because of reliability of service that I can't replicate myself without spending a lot of money. I'm very pleased after running for over a month now including the trial period. Because I'm running a strategy, there is very little intervention required on my part. So, I can leave my office and monitor the system on my iPhone to make sure something weird doesn't happen.

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

I'm using a VPS for about a month after having an extended trial before.
Although I don't use automated strategies, I really like the reliability, the low latency, the fast datafeed without delay and therefore the good fills without slippage.

All I can say is that bottom line I'm very satisfied with the machine, the really fair pricing, and especially with Sam's great service.

There's absolute NOTHING to complain about, so the only thing I can do is giving Sam's business an honest full recommendation.

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

Thanks, dear customers.
You look so happy, I'll double the prices next month .
More seriously, I'm glad to see some good comments, and confirm that it helps to reduce slippage too. That's normal and logical, but it's nice to have the logic confirmed sometimes...

One day I'll put some comments like the previous one on my web site, like some bots vendor:
"With Sam's VPS, I made $1M on ES in 16 ms!!!
Martha M., Newark NJ
..."

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

jeffman 
Las Vegas NV

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader with CQG
Thanks Given: 60
Thanks Received: 117

sam028 View Post
Thanks, dear customers.
More seriously, I'm glad to see some good comments, and confirm that it helps to reduce slippage too. That's normal and logical, but it's nice to have the logic confirmed sometimes...

One day I'll put some comments like the previous one on my web site, like some bots vendor:
Martha M., Newark NJ
..."

You would be hard pressed to find a provider like Sam that can match his service.

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

sam028 View Post
Thanks, dear customers.

I knew you would consider that...that's the way it goes if customers are getting too satisfied...

sam028 View Post
Martha M., Newark NJ
..."

Well, that's what most vendors do when it comes to testimonials...

Rikers11 
Zagreb Croatia

Experience: None
Platform: EBS
Trading: e6
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 16

Daytrader999 View Post
I'm using a VPS for about a month after having an extended trial before.
Although I don't use automated strategies, I really like the reliability, the low latency, the fast datafeed without delay and therefore the good fills without slippage.

All I can say is that bottom line I'm very satisfied with the machine, the really fair pricing, and especially with Sam's great service.

There's absolute NOTHING to complain about, so the only thing I can do is giving Sam's business an honest full recommendation.

can you explain your setup and logic?

As far as I know limit orders are siting on the exchange server and stop orders are on your fed/broker providers server (TT for example). So I see no benefit without automated strategies... (the only thing is if OCO are localy simulated)

Last Updated on December 12, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts