NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

speedytradingservers.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sam028 with 33 posts (89 thanks)
    2. looks_two Happyface with 11 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Superdoug3 with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Daytrader999 with 10 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two sam028 with 2.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Happyface with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Daytrader999 with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 73,475 views
    2. thumb_up 295 thanks given
    3. group 54 followers
    1. forum 150 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

speedytradingservers.com review

androiduser14916 
New York

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 8

If I want to trade fx spot with minimal latency through speedy servers, what is the correct IB data center for this?
Greenwich or chicago?
What about equities and futures although they are not as important as fx right now.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

androiduser14916 View Post
If I want to trade fx spot with minimal latency through speedy servers, what is the correct IB data center for this?
Greenwich or chicago?
What about equities and futures although they are not as important as fx right now.

Greenwich, same thing for equities.

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Flyboy1966 
Chiang Mai Thailand

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Ninjatrader/Philips
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 6

sam028 View Post
Greenwich, same thing for equities.

Hello Sam,
I'm relatively new so not altogether aware of how things works... Lol's My question is my platform is Ninjatrader 8 and the broker is Philips Capital. Is the 1ms you list on your website still applicable? Guess I'm not sure of the hoops that the signal runs thru... Also from Thailand to your servers is there a way to check ping time?
thanks very much

sam028 
Site Moderator

Flyboy1966 View Post
Hello Sam,
I'm relatively new so not altogether aware of how things works... Lol's My question is my platform is Ninjatrader 8 and the broker is Philips Capital. Is the 1ms you list on your website still applicable? Guess I'm not sure of the hoops that the signal runs thru... Also from Thailand to your servers is there a way to check ping time?
thanks very much

Philip Capital is an FCM, assuming you're using CQG/Continuum or Rithmic you'll be less than 1 ms away.
I'll send you a pingable IP in a private message.

Thanked by:
 Vacationer 
Sarasota, Florida

Platform: TOS, IB, TS
Broker: TD Ameritrade, IB, TS
Trading: ES, NQ, YM, RTY
Thanks Given: 38
Thanks Received: 13

Hello Sam,

I'm considering getting a VPS for some automated strategies. And I have some inquiries with regard to Up/Down time.

I have read the whole review but I'm still not clear on how one can be notified about an unexpected down time for a server and how much time of a delay there can be? And if it is a scheduled downtime for an update for example , I 'm guessing it is usually done outside of market hours, does one have to get his VPS back up and running in the middle of the night wherever one might be?

In addition, I have couple of desktops at home, which very often go through updates for windows. Is there a big difference of how often the servers' windows updates are applied by comparison to personal computer windows? I 'm assuming that the individual VPS's are running on windows version for servers or am I wrong to assume that?
I'm concerned about how often reboots could be done to these VPS's, and how much time does that take.

If you can clarify some of these issues , I would really Appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

sam028 
Site Moderator

Vacationer View Post
I have read the whole review but I'm still not clear on how one can be notified about an unexpected down time for a server and how much time of a delay there can be? And if it is a scheduled downtime for an update for example , I 'm guessing it is usually done outside of market hours, does one have to get his VPS back up and running in the middle of the night wherever one might be?

In addition, I have couple of desktops at home, which very often go through updates for windows. Is there a big difference of how often the servers' windows updates are applied by comparison to personal computer windows? I 'm assuming that the individual VPS's are running on windows version for servers or am I wrong to assume that?
I'm concerned about how often reboots could be done to these VPS's, and how much time does that take.

Statistically the unexpected downtime we see are network glitches, which are fixed in seconds or minutes. These events are very rare, once or twice a year during the bad years, and is not impacting all the datacenters (we use 4 different datacenters).
The planned outages are always done during a week-end, the users are informed one week before. Highly critical software patches are installed quickly, the others when there an opportunity (once a year or so).

We use server's version of windows: there is no automatic updates install and no unexpected reboots. Some of our users never install updates and never reboot (example: Uptime OK 2019-07-15 02:11:24 11d 7h 7m 25s 1/4 System Uptime - 820 day(s) 16 hour(s) 26 minute(s)).
The restart time depends on the RAM installed on the VPS but it's less than 10 seconds.

For users who wants to be informed if their machine is unreachable we install a monitoring agent and this agent is polled by our monitoring servers (which are not in the same data center). If for any reason the monitoring servers can't reach the VPS the user will receive an alert email.
But the most common problem is when a VPS is not correctly sized: a 1.5 GB VPS for Tradestation with 50 workspaces, or Ninja strategy optimization with 80 parameters. In this case all the available RAM will be used and Windows will be like stuck.
In this case we recommend configuring Speedy Alert, so the user will receive by email warnings about the RAM usage, and/or program crashes.

Vacationer 
Sarasota, Florida

Platform: TOS, IB, TS
Broker: TD Ameritrade, IB, TS
Trading: ES, NQ, YM, RTY
Thanks Given: 38
Thanks Received: 13

Thank you very much Sam for the quick and detailed reply.

I think I got the information I was looking for. I hope to be in touch soon regarding a VPS service. How do I actually go about consulting with you for this? private messaging here on Futures.IO or through the web site.....?

Thanks again.

Thanked by:

sam028 
Site Moderator

Vacationer View Post
Thank you very much Sam for the quick and detailed reply.

I think I got the information I was looking for. I hope to be in touch soon regarding a VPS service. How do I actually go about consulting with you for this? private messaging here on Futures.IO or through the web site.....?

Thanks again.

You may start here, I'll receive your message and will quickly reply, so things will be on track.

Thanked by:
 rickbw 
Charlotte, North Carolina

Platform: Tradestation
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

If using the VPN for NT8 and an excel spreadsheet, how much RAM is needed? I see that amount of RAM is the major difference in pricing for subscriptions.

WattMan 
New Brunswick, NJ, USA

Platform: NT8, ToS
Broker: IBKR, TDA, NT
Trading: Stocks (B&H), Futures (started daytrading), Forex (maybe someday)
Thanks Given: 36
Thanks Received: 2

rickbw View Post
If using the VPN for NT8 and an excel spreadsheet, how much RAM is needed? I see that amount of RAM is the major difference in pricing for subscriptions.

VPS sizing pointers would be helpful for me as well. Bumping this thread up!

Last Updated on December 12, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts