NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Learning Journal of RedK Trading Options...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one RedK with 38 posts (51 thanks)
    2. looks_two Hguru with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Cloudy with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 d1david with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two RedK with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Hguru with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,397 views
    2. thumb_up 61 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 46 posts
    2. attach_file 14 attachments

Search this Thread

The Learning Journal of RedK Trading Options...

Bermudan Option 
Chicago, Illinois
1% better Daily

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView
Broker: ThinkOrSwim
Trading: Forex, Stock & Options
Thanks Given: 838
Thanks Received: 471

Good luck with the options trading!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

RedK 
Dubai, UAE

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, TradeStation
Broker: OX, TradeStation
Trading: Stocks & Basic Options
Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 145

and been away from my journal for a long time.
still holding my INTC .. and it keeps disappointing (for now) .. but i decided i'll sit in the fire until after the holiday season..

only new position opened is some AAPL Jan ITM calls .. i kept missing the big obvious moves (like when AAPL went below 520, and then up 7% in one day).. but this time decided it's better late than sorry. the indicators look good. it may ease slightly down but will eventually move up..

watching the others and holding the monkey close .. he wants to hit the trigger but i've decided i will only move on good signals, no less. so staying on the side until something shows up..

stopped working on indicators.. have enough custom built, time to use them in trade. i do a lot of paper trading and may post some as i test a new concept i call Zero-Gain level (similar to pivot points) .. the concept is, this is the price level of latest "balance" between bears & bulls. it helps set targets or reversal levels.. and it looks interesting .. if you use something like DMI, you can calculate this level as the price corresponding to the intersection of +DI with -DI.. give it a shot. the price comes back to revisit if it's around the same area.

that's all for now ..

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Hguru 
New York City New York USA

Platform: Think or Swim, Infinity Futures
Broker: Thinkor Swim for Charts an Infinity Futures for Trading Dom
Trading: Oil
Thanks Given: 449
Thanks Received: 48

Redk,

Good To see you around again RedK...What platform have you settled on now to trade with or write studies for? Apple looks good I agree back to $700. Intel I hope this is the bottom.

Good Luck

Hguru

RedK 
Dubai, UAE

Hguru View Post
Redk,

Good To see you around again RedK...What platform have you settled on now to trade with or write studies for? Apple looks good I agree back to $700. Intel I hope this is the bottom.

Good Luck

Hguru

thanks @Hguru. I currently trade with OX where i have moved my account. I trust OX and had an account with them for almost 2 years now with 0 issues. But until i find a good charting & analysis platform, i refer to a fallback setup on a demo TC2000 desktop where i have my watchlist and i setup the studies that show me what i need (Trend, Momentum and Price Levels).. here's how it looks like, after i did some small refinements recently (adjusted scaling of the stduies, showing %'s.. etc)

There's so many limitations and i can't put my custom studies, but what i like about it, is that i can start at the top of the watchlist, hit spacebar to move quickly thru all the watchlist, for an hourly + daily view of the charts and price action. Also it's always valuable to see the same chart on a different platform.. gives like a fresh eye, a chance to note things you may not see in the charting platform you look at all the time..

so it's a good tool to always have on the side, even when you have a more sophisticated platform.

looking forward to another exciting week ahead. Green Lines to all,
RedK

Thanked by:

RedK 
Dubai, UAE

market spirits are trading against me.. that must be the case. they learnt of the positions i have and started moving things in the other directions .. they must have a spy here on the forum telling them what new positions i took ...

seriously now, i can't seem to explain what's hapenning to the stocks i'm watching, let alone my positions.. NFLX, STX, WDC, AAPL, INTC.. big ups then big downs, in big %'s .. c'mon guys, make up your minds...! and the indicators are just all over the place.. going crazy and fuming.

i got this funny feeling to avoid the computer screen. AAPL position is in dark red and i don't want to see the loss.. it's painful. then i decided to get in the fight, ok, show me the loss, i still have good time on my AAPL calls, and i will not close the position at the largest loss (done that before) .. i'll just sit and protect it. Stocks are better, as they are unrecognized loss, and i can hold them for a lot longer waiting patiently for a rebound. but seriously, the market proves itself again. It's like the sea, you can be the best skipper, and it's still YOUR MASTER (and it shouts that to you every now and then, do you give your respects)

not opening new positions until things stabilize. market is too turbelent. i hope everyone stays safe. keep your backup plans handy, and if you decide to sit in the fire, stay cool. that's where i am now,

cheers,
RedK

Thanked by:

RedK 
Dubai, UAE

just a quick note to say i'm still around, and still scripting on ToS whenever i can get my hands on it ...

changing my trading style and moving to more focus on stocks vs options.. i need to become a better stock trader before diving more in the world of options (even basic strategies) .. so that's what i've been doing for the past few weeks.. my set up is getting more and more simplified.. and still building & improving my own studies.. there's so much that can be done in that area, to better see and follow the price action - and i'm finding out i also have some passion for "scripting" and trying out different trading methods and related analysis.. so while I need to satisfy my passion and curiosity in that area, i need more focus on trade & position management - and that's where i want to spend more time as i move more to trading whole stocks..

so i will close this journal here.. this part of the journey is over for me .. i'm starting a new phase.. will possibly start another journal in the forum focusing on technical trading methods that i researched/liked - as a journal for myself and a repository for others who are interested in that area and would like to share thoughts and ideas.
otherwise, i'll be around,
stay profitable all,
RedK

d1david 
Providence, RI

Platform: Thinkorswim
Trading: etf
Thanks Given: 34
Thanks Received: 2

Thanks RedK. I just discovered Big Mike's in the past couple of weeks. I stumbled upon this journal and absolutely loved it!
Nice analysis and walk through of your trading. Hope you can get back to TOS and use your abilities.
You are amazing at your thinkscript capabilities.
Keep up the good work and hope you see bright green on your screens.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts