NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Crude Oil trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JDNeeman with 337 posts (693 thanks)
    2. looks_two sandptrader with 59 posts (45 thanks)
    3. looks_3 hector24 with 9 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 EugeneN with 8 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JDNeeman with 2.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trs3042 with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 shopster with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sandptrader with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 129,836 views
    2. thumb_up 801 thanks given
    3. group 99 followers
    1. forum 528 posts
    2. attach_file 468 attachments

Search this Thread

Crude Oil trading

sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

I Love it, i Agree with your Analysis Method 100%.
Great Examples of your Method!
I am also into this type Method.
i like your style as a Trader JD!
You will Achieve Your Goal!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

JDNeeman View Post
Hello,

As many of you may know i have tested about 4 systems to trade the Crude and the ES, and at the end after 2 years of losing money investing in systems that do not add up in any way to my goal that is be a full time trader making and sustain my family i have a winner and i have been fine tuning it in the last two months, so i have a WINNER! and that is a system that i will call JDNeeman Cycles Divergence Trading (CDT Trading for Short) what i have done is to merge in one system (is not new, surely someone else have done this before) the divergence, cycles and Round Numbers trading, why this three?? when you combine this three you have an incomparable edge in the market, when we understand that the market moves in cycles, waves, this cycles create divergences between price and the real intention of the market and you combine this with Round numbers that become levels that the market knows that has to respect or break, you can position yourself accordingly and suck tons of ticks from the market, i arrive to this after some time to real test some strategies that alone do not bring a long time success, i wanted to do this (although i did SIM trading) to know the real emotions that will happen to me, when i play with real money, and now i know exactly how to behave when i see signs of stress in my mind, i learned to be patient, to wait, to understand that the market moves in cycles, maybe i left a wave go but the cycle needs to be closed therefore there will be another chance to get in the wave and take it...

CDT Trading (Cycles Divergence Trading)

Starting today (I know is saturday ) i will ONLY use this strategy for my futures day trading, i will become and expert on it, and i will make my fortune using it.. (i hope this help others to achieve their financial goals too)

How does this CDT thing looks like??

Cycles

We all know the market as a living creature has cycles, it obeys the physical laws, "everything that goes up needs to come back down", "a valley needs its peaks", "UP and DOWN" "gravity law", "attraction law"

of course there is a complete course of cycle trading, and is not my intention to talk about it in deep, only to mention that cycles are the very basic, natural and core of market behaviour. when we use this and understand in which cycle we are at, looking at the greater time frame down to the short time frame you can use this to know where is going to close the cycle and which waves you can surf and which not.

Divergences

Well one of the most powerful sources of information and clues on where the market is headed comes from the correct usage of Divergences, this occur between the price and usually and indicator that control or chases the price when there is a difference between the price and your chosen indicator being this difference high, %, etc, a divergence is trigger.

Types of divergence.

i will resume this with an image.

Here is an actual image of a divergence.

Round Numbers

Big Round Numbers, Round Numbers, we all have heard of this, let me tell you that this single data have made me a lot of ticks, knowing where the market could possibly turn, break, slow, is just mind blowing.

we have the big Round Numbers: 00, 20, 50, 80
and the Mid Numbers: 10, 35, 65, 95

The combination of this three and a mechanical process will let me retire soon and live long and prosper

this combination gives an insight on how the market behaves. in PART 2 i will let clear my mechanical process i have came with and some tips.

Hope this helps.
(well it helps me) that is the most important thing!!.

Best Regards.

JD

Great Method

Thanked by:

JDNeeman 
El Salvador/Israel

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader 7
Broker: GlobalFutures/AMPClearing
Trading: CL, GC, TF

TRADE SETUP MECHANICS

1. DRAWING ROUND NUMBERS

Manually place horizontal lines for Round Numbers.
(00, 20, 50, 80) don’t forget the mid numbers (10, 35, 65, 95, you can draw this levels with a different color, the market also respect this numbers) this will give us our levels to watch, you can also add Floor Pivots lines, First Touch, etc. Remember to draw new lines as prices reaches zones where there is no round number levels drawn. Once we have this levels all our attention will be focused when price reach one of this round numbers and pass to second phase.

2. SPOTING DIVERGENCE
This part is the most important in the process of this strategy, because a bar reading of a divergence can cost you money.

How we spot divergence? first we start looking at the actual price and its location and you start screening backwards, you go from the short swings to the longer or more distant, backwards, now you look for a divergence comparing with the strength indicator (MACDBBLines) same logic.

As soon a divergence is spotted we have to move fast, if there is a buying opportunity we want to place our pending order long, 5-10 ticks above the price.

Check out how this trade developed.

We knew the level 85.20 would hold, how? Exactly at this level was occurring a divergence favoring long positions. I know that you already saw an immediate divergence for a possible short trade do you see it? Lower high (Price) and Higher High (Indicator) = Short. And this one also worked perfectly.
You could do this all day long and once you manage this strategy you come to the market sure that will take your money for the day.

3. TIPS AND CONSIDERATIONS

The correct usage of the MACDBBLines indicator will give you and unprecedented edge in the market.

This tool will let you know if the market will hold any level, pivot, Fib level, etc.
How? Let`s review it:

a. If MACDBBLines is not able to cross the 0 level after a run up or down this means movement will continue with the original trend direction. And an opportunity could be developing.

Price is in a down trend it retraces to test a Round number level but it was rejected.

b. MACDBBLines indicator crosses the 0 level.

When you see this level violently broken a change in the main trend is imminent and a reverse market could be positioning.

Market wanted to test new lows but first brought the price is higher is he could for later let the price fall taking a good amount of stops in the process and this traders been forced to close out their position put some extra gasoline to the fall it was a fall of about 160 ticks.

What about Stops and Targets?

Well I normally would say you are the trader you manage your trade, but I`ll let you know how I do it, I use a 15 – 20 tick stop loss protection, and my targets usually are round numbers depending on how strong I see the market. If I just wanted to close out my day faster I close my trades with 20-30 ticks.

Hope this helps.

JDNeeman-

if someone wants the PDF is also available for download.

Attached Thumbnails
Crude Oil trading-trade-setup-mechanics.pdf  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 soch 
chicago

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: oil
Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 16

Hi JD,

I'm fairly new to CL trading and want to thank you for taking the time to review your info with everyone. I think I could get a much better understanding of your method if you could/would share the details on the various indicators (like in screen 93949) and how to set all of them up.

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks

JDNeeman 
El Salvador/Israel

Hello, All,

I just missed a great trade here...a divergence after market open.

but i´m watching carefully this move..

please check image.

Regards

JD

JDNeeman 
El Salvador/Israel

Hello, well i ended with this trades today...amazing rally.-...

Cheers.

JD

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 12-12 (6 Range)  06_11_2012.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	94158   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 12-12 (10 Range)  06_11_2012.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	94159  

JDNeeman 
El Salvador/Israel

It´s been a busy day, but i wanted to share with you this chart.

CHeers.

JD

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 12-12 (10 Range)  06_11_2012 Divergence.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	94167  

JDNeeman 
El Salvador/Israel

Hello all,

Well i´ve made some trades today, i was trying to trade some divergences, but forgot the market is one side now...
ended with +15 ticks.

CHeers.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 12-12 (6 Range)  07_11_2012.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	94245  

JDNeeman 
El Salvador/Israel

Hello all,

I have been really busy this past week that i wasn't able to trade as i normally do, today i took a chance to make a trade, i just made 10 ticks, i will wait for market close to see if the is other opportunity to trade, today is Veterans day, and that makes the market slow since there is bank holiday, anyway i´m back...this week looks to be a really moving week, rolling contract, market volatility, mid month, etc, look at the image were we at in the daily chart.-

Best Regards.

JD-

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 12-12 (3 Range)  12_11_2012.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	94531   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 12-12 (Daily)  11_07_2012 - 12_11_2012.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	94532  

JDNeeman 
El Salvador/Israel

Hello, i just closed my second trade of the day, i have targeted 10 ticks today due to market slowdown...but the market has been good with us today, i closed another trade for 10 ticks making the overall day profit 20 ticks so far.

i can see an interest to move the price at the end of the session day.

but will see at the time.

cheers.

JD

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 12-12 (3 Range)  12_11_2012 2ND TRADE.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	94546   Click image for larger version

Name:	2ND TRADE.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	94547  

Last Updated on June 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts