NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

CFRN.net / insidefutures.com trading room legit? (Christian Financial Radio Network)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Dasani with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two thailerdurden with 6 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Greg4hvn with 3 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xtrader111 with 3 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one LoneRanger with 28 thanks per post
    2. looks_two fcb98292 with 13 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Greg4hvn with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 thailerdurden with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 48,048 views
    2. thumb_up 106 thanks given
    3. group 34 followers
    1. forum 50 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

CFRN.net / insidefutures.com trading room legit? (Christian Financial Radio Network)

Paul L 
New York City

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Mirus Futures/ Zenfire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 48
Thanks Received: 18

ThatManFromTexas View Post
@tellytub

Have you ever seen a vendor who said their system lost money....

Yeah, my favorite is Puretick. That track record is unbelievable! o wait its unbelievable because you cant find one person who says you can even come close to replicating it.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
 LoneRanger 
London

Platform: MetaTrader
Trading: EUR/JPY
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 30

I gave CFRN's methodology a go for a while, essentially you pay $2k approx. for access to a set of supposedly custom indicators and a methodology for using them. There is a trading room that runs for a couple of hours from the US open; which I think has a subscription charge after the first 3mths.

Although Michael has used his own names for his indicators, they are in fact just standard indicators found in any charting package. What he calls the BBC (Bull Bear Cross) is simply a 21ema. I overlayed that MA on the chart, there is no question that is what it is.

The primary indicator Michael uses he calls the CF_Slingshot. However, it did not take me too long to figure out this one also (although slightly more tricky than the thinly disguised "BBC"). The CF_Slingshot is a combination of a fast and slow stochastic loaded in the same window. Now I am not sure exactly what settings Michael uses but you could play around with the settings to see what works in any particular market. See attached image:

This isnt Michael's chart setup, he uses range bars, I am just illustrating the indicator

To trade with this tool you are looking for divergences to get in on pullbacks to the main trend which is essentially the trading method employed by Michael. I have shown a couple of divergence in the screenshot so it is clear what I mean. After you spot the divergence you simply wait for a close above/below a retracement trend line drawn up the lows (for a downtrend) or up the highs (for an uptrend), re-drawing if necessary when you get wicks above/below this trend line. The other entry is a pullback to the "BBC" and a downclose (for a downtrend) or an upclose for an uptrend.

In case you want to replicate the tool here are the settings I used:

Slow Stoch: %K:21, %D:5, Smoothing:7 (shown in red)
Fast Stoch: %K:7, %D:2, Smoothing:1 (shown in white)

In both cases you want to hide the main line and just show its Signal line. Again I played around until I got something that behaved pretty well for the currency pair I traded; these aren't necessarily the best settings.

Michael also uses what looks like a non-lagging ma in addition to the 21ema. Not sure what setting he uses for that but the one I show in the diagram is a 21 period and looks close to Michael's indicator. You look for a divergence following a cross of the BBC by price and the non-lag ma (and then a pullback), so price is trending in the direction of the trade indicated by the divergence. He has one final indicator called a stepline, but he doesn't use that except as a trailing stop primarily.

Does his method work? Some people in the room seem to make money - at least one guy does, his name is Frank. He seems to pull in a sackful of ticks every session. Michael calls his trades and sometimes shows his DOMs (but not all the time). He seems to take some setups and not others, I took most setups I saw and was losing money.

So the bads are:

- you are paying for predominantly standard indicators that have required no or extremely little coding, for which you are asked to pay a princely sum of around $2k or so. There is a certain unchristian lack of transparency here..
- there is little help given to those who are losing money, instead the constant emphasis in the room is making sure the people on the trial are happy and they understand the setups (clearly so that they will part with there hard earnt cash at the end of the week)
- their trade record as reported is not reconcilable with my experience of the effectiveness of the indicators. To be effective you would need to introduce some other concepts, possibly just some basic analysis of S/R levels (no mention of a pivot level or any other price structure/level)
- you are tied in with their brokerage, a small outfit called Daniels Trading who white label the OEC platform (a nice platform except the DOM). My experience with Daniels was a bit mixed, they seem helpful but are also traders and seem a little bit too busy at times (email response for instance was often slow)....I contrast that with an Infinity broker I was also using at the time who would not leave me alone...and I mean that in a nice way, he was always out to help and solve any issue I had. That is what you want from a broker.

the goods:
- he does call the trades he takes.. supposedly anyway, as I said you rarely see his DOMS.
- they run a weekly workshop for all "partners" where they go over the basic setups and nuances plus new stuff that Michael has been working on.
- they have an archive library of all (100 or so) previous workshops they have done. Interesting to see all the previous incarnations of indicators that Michael has invented over the years.

Well that is about all I have to say. For me there were elements missing in their methodology and a bit of over-reliance on indicators. Sure the indicators did give you an edge in certain circumstances, but those circumstances need to be defined a little better in my view. A fair percentage of the setups misfired in my experience.

There is also the non-transparency issue around the "custom" indicators (if you ever join, try asking Michael if the BBC is really just a 21ema...and see what the response is...if you get one). Good luck.

LoneRanger

COTtrader 
JACKSON, MICHIGAN
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TS and Trading View
Broker: TS
Trading: ES Awesome!
Thanks Given: 406
Thanks Received: 648

tellytub View Post
They sure have a good track record according to their website!

My understanding is CFRN's track record is inclusive of all trades taken on the several instruments traded. I am not sure though, that Michael, himself, makes all those trades but others who trade with him. I appreciate the fact that he tells you in advance before he takes a trade and tells you what he is looking to trade. Too expensive for my taste, especially when you can trade a 21 ema yourself on a 4 tick range chart and a divergence indicator.

Ken

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

check out this Buffy template circa 2009

ninja forum
https://forum.ninjatrader.com/showthread.php?t=9206&highlight=bline

Thanked by:
 Dasani 
United States of America

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 40

toulouse-lautrec View Post
something looks familiar here.... did this guy sell some kind of slingshot system / indicator in the past.... ?
the indicators were for TS and Ninja. He had specific setups were price returned to some kind of mean where he would then take a countertrend trade.... my memory is really blurry here... not sure if this is the same person or i am just having hallucinations....

I believe it was Stack trader. It's no longer in existence. He used a lot of HMA's and traded pullbacks. His name is Michael Bourque.

Thanked by:
 Dasani 
United States of America

Broker: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 40

cory View Post
check out this Buffy template circa 2009

NinjaTrader Support Forum

ninja forum
B line - [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Support Forum

Just a few more indicators and Buffy would of had that one right!

thailerdurden
san antonio, tex

Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 33

DeWayne entered a trade using OEC's DOM in weekly partners sample made available to the general public. He wanted to buy at a higher price than the market(buy stop) which would confirm the signal. Suddenly he got filled at the market. What happened he exclaimed!! What happened was he entered a LIMIT order. Now, if he was really entering all the trades that he claims that he enters, he would known to RIGHT click which would of entered a STOP order. https://nexusfi.com/images/smilies/animated/faint.gif

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

thailerdurden View Post
DeWayne entered a trade using OEC's DOM in weekly partners sample made available to the general public. He wanted to buy at a higher price than the market(buy stop) which would confirm the signal. Suddenly he got filled at the market. What happened he exclaimed!! What happened was he entered a LIMIT order. Now, if he was really entering all the trades that he claims that he enters, he would known to RIGHT click which would of entered a STOP order. https://nexusfi.com/images/smilies/animated/faint.gif

These guys are jokes. They are trading SIM. I sat through two weeks of their trade room. Utter and complete junk. They have no understanding of the market and what is really driving price. The trade off their indicators which are lagging and not worth the $3k they charge.

These guys make me even more sick as they fly under the Christian banner. They are just another group of people trying to rob you using whatever label suits them best.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

@Big Mike

I think i found a bug in the futures.io (formerly BMT) matrix

In the space below LoneRanger's name it shows 1 Thanks received while he got more than that?

That's not fair, he should get a refund.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,533

trendisyourfriend View Post
@Big Mike

I think i found a bug in the futures.io (formerly BMT) matrix

In the space below LoneRanger's name it shows 1 Thanks received while he got more than that?

That's not fair, he should get a refund.

It's a bug when someone makes only one post. Will fix itself if he posts again

Sent from my phone

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on September 30, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts