NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

How does RSqueeze work?

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 16 posts (131 thanks)
    2. looks_two wldman with 14 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 gcaldridge with 5 posts (18 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Raj1 with 4 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Zondor with 10.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 8.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gcaldridge with 3.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,853 views
    2. thumb_up 232 thanks given
    3. group 44 followers
    1. forum 81 posts
    2. attach_file 18 attachments

Search this Thread

How does RSqueeze work?

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,047
Thanks Received: 9,513

@Fat Tails

Thank you for the response.

I'm not blaming anyone, rather trying to figure out the issue while lacking the knowledge or resources to do so. That version came out of the indicator library, correct.

To me it does look as if the price bars are different on those charts. Certainly dots on the zero line that where one color are viewed as a different color upon later review. That is not "repaint"? I'm just trying to understand. Definitely willing to go your way and appreciative of your review to say the least.

I think that must be due to the HACO calculation then?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

wldman View Post
@Fat Tails

Thank you for the response.

I'm not blaming anyone, rather trying to figure out the issue while lacking the knowledge or resources to do so. That version came out of the indicator library, correct.

To me it does look as if the price bars are different on those charts. Certainly dots on the zero line that where one color are viewed as a different color upon later review. That is not "repaint"? I'm just trying to understand. Definitely willing to go your way and appreciative of your review to say the least.

I think that must be due to the HACO calculation then?

@wldman: The RSqueeze produces the problem on the lower panel. If you set it to "CalculateOnBarClose = false", it will produce false dots and a false histogram. This is a bug within the code. If you refresh via F5, it will be displayed correctly, but then you should better use it with "CalculateOnBarClose = true".

The RSqueeze has no impact on the price bars.

I can see the differences on the price bars. There are 2 possible explanations:

(1) The Heikin Ashi type indicator, which is applied to the price bars has a bug.

(2) You use a cheap broker data feed, which has real-time data that is not time-stamped. In that case NinjaTrader uses your system clock to add time stamps. Due to the latency between the exchange and your PC and due to an inaccurate system clock, this data can be different from the time-stamped data as supplied by the exchange. After reloading historical data, you replace the real-time data with accurate historical data, which makes up for the difference.

If you tell me which Heikin Ashi indicator you used, I can check it and tell you whether it may have caused the problem or not.

Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

@Fat Tails

...according to both the broker and NT. Did I say I'm willing to go your way on this?

From NT:

"MB Trading live data is time stamped on your local PC clock. While the MB Trading historical data servers are time stamped by their servers time which is synced.

This live data is being time stamped by your local PC clock that is most likely not in sync, thus causing charts to be displayed differently when reloaded.

In this case the link will answer your question and go over in more detail how a chart can look different after reloading."

NinjaTrader Version 7

I am truly grateful for the thought that you would look at the heiken ashi indicator on my behalf. Do you need the script or just the name of the version? What I really want was coded by a friend in QScript for the Wave59 platform. The version allowed the user to elect period length or choose an adaptive cycle period. I could send that or post it if you care to see it. However the biggest item missing from any Heiken Ashi that I can find is simply the ability to use the HACO study to color a typical ohlc price bar.

The heiken ashi study was a replacement for "smart money colored price bars" a prop indi on wave59. I actually prefer the H/A. I'm thinking of detailing that in my journal thread, but nobody has asked.

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

wldman View Post
@Fat Tails

...according to both the broker and NT. Did I say I'm willing to go your way on this?

From NT:

"MB Trading live data is time stamped on your local PC clock. While the MB Trading historical data servers are time stamped by their servers time which is synced.

This live data is being time stamped by your local PC clock that is most likely not in sync, thus causing charts to be displayed differently when reloaded.

In this case the link will answer your question and go over in more detail how a chart can look different after reloading."

NinjaTrader Version 7

I am truly grateful for the thought that you would look at the heiken ashi indicator on my behalf. Do you need the script or just the name of the version? What I really want was coded by a friend in QScript for the Wave59 platform. The version allowed the user to elect period length or choose an adaptive cycle period. I could send that or post it if you care to see it. However the biggest item missing from any Heiken Ashi that I can find is simply the ability to use the HACO study to color a typical ohlc price bar.

The heiken ashi study was a replacement for "smart money colored price bars" a prop indi on wave59. I actually prefer the H/A. I'm thinking of detailing that in my journal thread, but nobody has asked.

@wldmann:

The HeikinAshi bars are modified candle sticks that can be used as a trend filter. It is a relatively easy exercise to take that information and use it to color OHLC bars. Thus the OHLC bars will basically just collect the trend information, but not show the OHLC of the Heikin Ashi candles.

However, there is a number of different versions of HA studies, so you would need to tell me which version you use.

Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

@Fat Tails

I am trying to get the children ready for a few weeks in the mountains BUT this opportunity to get help from you is worth losing sleep over so I will do that asap.

I have two displayed on charts right now. I will decide and provide you with all the information that I can.

I know that you provide an incredible contribution here in futures.io (formerly BMT). Do you have a pay pal account or a favorite charity? Thank you so much for just taking a look. Dan

Thanked by:

Sunil P 
los angeles

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nt
Trading: cl

Fats is loaded,he is the one who is behind the scenes holding up the German efforts to bail out the whole of Europe.
He is just vendor status now as a cover....got to say you payed for that MB Gullwing some how.

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Sunil P View Post
Fats is loaded,he is the one who is behind the scenes holding up the German efforts to bail out the whole of Europe.
He is just vendor status now as a cover....got to say you payed for that MB Gullwing some how.

Fat Tails will keep his part of the world in shape and I'll continue to keep things together here in the US.

However, wealth of either party non-withstanding, it is right to return value where value is received...all "right" relationships must be mutually beneficial to maintain integrity and prosper.

Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

figure out how to attach the indicator files here for review. I will keep trying though.

@Fat Tails
@Big Mike

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

This may have worked.

In the attached folder there are two Heiken Ashi scripts. "Heiken Ashi" is the stock indicator that comes in NT and the one in my primary view. Since the picture had a little lock on it I sent the HeikenAshiSmoothed. The smoothed version has some options that I believe make it better as a focal point for building out those "wish list" items. I do not need the cycle period tuned option but the ability to color regular OHLC price bars with the heiken ashi calculation would be wonderful.

I do have the original code from Sylvain Ver Voort from the most recent magazine article as well as the Wave 59 version from my friend Joe if you care about that.

Thank you so much for taking a look @ Fat Tails.

I'm leaving Saturday morning for a vacation so I will not be around until July 1. Dan

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: heikenashi.zip

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

gone on vacation till sometime in July.

@Fat Tails

I would be thrilled if you could take a look and possibly create that option to apply the HA calc to a regular price bar.

I fixed the time stamp issue and will do so on the new machine when it arrives. Thanks again to everyone for their valuable shared input. Trade well!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 2, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts