NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

How does RSqueeze work?

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 16 posts (131 thanks)
    2. looks_two wldman with 14 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 gcaldridge with 5 posts (18 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Raj1 with 4 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Zondor with 10.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 8.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 3.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gcaldridge with 3.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,853 views
    2. thumb_up 232 thanks given
    3. group 44 followers
    1. forum 81 posts
    2. attach_file 18 attachments

Search this Thread

How does RSqueeze work?

gcaldridge 
port charlotte, florida

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Oil
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 81

wldman View Post
John Carter's BBSqueeze and with the othe PBFSqueeze, which as Fat Tails mentions is not a "squeeze" at all. The concept of a "zero line" combined indicator is something that I've used for a while. So those other "squeeze" that arent squeeze indicators are designed on the same zero line concept...but don't actually "squeeze" I would suggest, especially on the gaussian filter element that you open the code using the "edit" feature. Take a look at the gaussian filters, they are all fib based and there are four of them being used. I think they are (8,21) (13,34) (21,55) (34,89).

So what do you mean when you say,"How does it work?" It works great for me....but I think you are asking what "math" is displaying and why? I don't think you mean, How do I trade this?

Anyway, there might be some docs laying around that I could reference if I knew what specifically you are asking.

Wldman:

Thanks for the answer and asking the clarifying question by "what do I mean". Well, at first I meant (and still do) what is the math behind the indicator? I'm very analytical by nature, a math graduate at one time long ago, a programmer after that, etc. Any indicator I use I make sure I understand what it is doing, why and if possible I then tune it.

However as soon as you say it works great for you, you pique my curiosity. Would you share with me (I won't tell anyone else :-) how it works great for you?

Thanks for any answers.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,353

gcaldridge View Post
Wldman:

Thanks for the answer and asking the clarifying question by "what do I mean". Well, at first I meant (and still do) what is the math behind the indicator? I'm very analytical by nature, a math graduate at one time long ago, a programmer after that, etc. Any indicator I use I make sure I understand what it is doing, why and if possible I then tune it.

However as soon as you say it works great for you, you pique my curiosity. Would you share with me (I won't tell anyone else :-) how it works great for you?

Thanks for any answers.

@gcaldridge

One example .... If you trade breakouts a big problem is "head fakes" (false breakouts). The "squeeze" can help filter them out.

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"
Thanked by:

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

Let me know if you can import this. I got rid of the RSqueezeUtility Namespace that may have been causing the problems. I don't know why that was in there at all.

I also got rid of a lot of ridiculous plot switcheroo code that was being used to change the colors of plots à la Ninjatrader 6.5 because somebody did not know how to use the PlotColors method.

I further optimized it by eliminating any usage of external instances of several indicators that are now calculated inside the OnBarUpdate() method.

If you can manage to import this, you may be shocked at how quickly it loads.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: OscillatorRSqeeze.zip
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 ejtrader 
Portland, OR

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 327
Thanks Received: 180

Thanks Zondor - Import works fine now and it's indeed FAST..

cory View Post
open the zip file cs file is always in the zip file.

Zondor View Post
Let me know if you can import this. I got rid of the RSqueezeUtility Namespace that may have been causing the problems. I don't know why that was in there at all.

I also got rid of a lot of ridiculous plot switcheroo code that was being used to change the colors of plots à la Ninjatrader 6.5 because somebody did not know how to use the PlotColors method.

I further optimized it by eliminating any usage of external instances of several indicators that are now calculated inside the OnBarUpdate() method.

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

ThatManFromTexas View Post
@Fat Tails

There... I fixed that for you....

I never intended to say anything like this. I did not want to offend the female members of the forum.

Anyhow I knew that it would trigger your dirty thoughts .

There is really no need to be explicit.

Thanked by:

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,992

Zondor View Post

@Zondor;

Hi. Thank you. It loads fine. I just noticed if you draw the BB and KB bands with default settings ((as in your squeeze indicator), the squeeze areas on chart do not match the squeeze dots on indicator's zero line. I know you mentioned no support, but Just an observation.

Cheers!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

Alligator " noticed if you draw the BB and KB bands with default settings ((as in your squeeze indicator), the squeeze areas on chart do not match the squeeze dots on indicator's zero line."

Yeah, I noticed that the dots are not correct in the BBSqueeze mode.

However overall it does seem to give decent signals.

I don't know where the version that I optimized came from. I do know that it was a resource hog because of the way it was coded. My version uses a small fraction of the CPU resources of the original, and will work fine on COBC false.

The code for this indicator is in a dll, so you won't find it in your Indicators folder.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,047
Thanks Received: 9,513

the code from the edit ninjascript drop down to see If I could figure that out. I could not find the code for the optimized version. The display with the same settings is quite different from the "original".

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,047
Thanks Received: 9,513

that the pbfsqueeze displayed on my charts is repainting. Is anyone else aware of how/why this could occur. It looks like the price bars are a little different as well. I called the broker and of course it is a NT issue. I emailed NT and of course I am waiting.

changed to

price bars look different just before 10:00 and the green/pink dots seem to have repainted.

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

wldman View Post
that the pbfsqueeze displayed on my charts is repainting. Is anyone else aware of how/why this could occur. It looks like the price bars are a little different as well. I called the broker and of course it is a NT issue. I emailed NT and of course I am waiting.

changed to

price bars look different just before 10:00 and the green/pink dots seem to have repainted.

@wldman: If you add a free copy of a commercial indicator to your chart and this indicator has coding errors, then you can neither blame your broker nor NinjaTrader.

The RSqueeze has been coded for NT 6.5, and the author has left it with a minor bug, which only occurs, if you set the indicator to CalculateOnBarClose = false. In CalculateOnBarClose = true the indicator works without problems.

That said,

-> The indicator does not repaint - repainting means changing values of prior bars after the fact.
-> It calculates all values in real-time correctly. The author has used two DataSeries to differentiate between the colors, and for those bars that change color intra-bar, he simply forgot to remove the inactive color (bug).

The issue can be easily fixed. But I am currently fixing something different, so I won't fix it today.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 2, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts