NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

T For Trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one devdas with 1,084 posts (284 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 7 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Bharatiya with 6 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 DbPhoenix with 6 posts (19 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one DbPhoenix with 3.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Bharatiya with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 devdas with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 149,795 views
    2. thumb_up 323 thanks given
    3. group 29 followers
    1. forum 1,132 posts
    2. attach_file 799 attachments

Search this Thread

T For Trading

devdas 
Al,India

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Z
Trading: NiftyFuture
Thanks Given: 1,513
Thanks Received: 1,701

Nett Result of day = -4+0+17 = +13 Pts after comm.

Its roller coaster day. Nothing to say much, all three trades were driven as per momentum at the point.

Most interesting and amazing once again was the Week turned lesser pair ( 4,1) instead as expected (3,2) during day. After all it was Gambler's strike against big Gambler ( Market )....

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

devdas 
Al,India

Next week i am not able to trade due to some work , outside to city. So perhaps next to next Monday i will continue.
Though i want and will update larger picture profile and chart before going. It seems very random and indecisive direction.

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

devdas 
Al,India

Reviewing the development that happened last week, was absent to see live.

Its on the original expectation since excess 'E' formed near 4760 lvl, that was a consequence of move to efficiency , 4th step and almost nearing completion now. It also completed DB projected lvl etc. Session wise it is also making symmetry but there is still some left ( minus ) development under the POC in between 4960 to 5110 zone. I dont want to second guess this up-move 'Now', cause its firmly placed in proper position as per MA structure also, and simplistic unwinding from here will be to follow the trend-follow the imbalance. But i keep always a contrarian view at each obvious interpret-able locations and the contextual location prompts for such view. Last candle ( 29 Jun-12 ) might turn fake-out, still making impression of breakout from local balance. Its near multiday balance POC 'P',and next course of imbalance if any migh start just from this location. So although its firmly placed as bullish structure but also near the origin of next imbalance and a fakeout will turn it bearish.

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market

devdas 
Al,India

range between 5270 and 5310.

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Choppy-02July-12.png
Views:	130
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	79829  

devdas 
Al,India

If i assume symmetry and two rejections from upper 2nd SD lvls....then breakdown can give 5260 corresponding lower 2nd SD.

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market

devdas 
Al,India

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NIFTY_I (3 Min)  7_2_2012.png
Views:	139
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	79830  

devdas 
Al,India

This 3-min candle is decisive...if didnt work..will scratch it.

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market

devdas 
Al,India

Thats not a good move...its wasted 2nd chance....seems so. Out.

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NIFTY_I (3 Min)  7_2_2012-2.png
Views:	128
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	79831  

devdas 
Al,India

Taking a trade near local balance POC is a pain.
I took on assessment that much of chop i already passed and it may be time to take direction from here. But it didnt worked as expected..even leveraging little over structure. I cant hold assuming it is in tolerance limit of maximum stop, assessment of risk is directly attached to bar ranges and structure.

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market

devdas 
Al,India

Nett result of day = +3 Pts after comm.

Got late due to miscellaneous pending works of last week.
Had a small time today to trade and that was a range activity after trend day ( Friday ). I am detailing some points and dividing the discussion in two parts, 1) Execution and 2) Fade the range.

1) With my day start , it was not tough to gauge in context of Opening rejection and Friday's closing activity that prices had more chances of going down first rather than going up first from my starting location. A Short trade initiated at Bar 1. I was aware of its location and bar ranges which were not very good from the perspective of trade to go in desired direction without delay. In contrast lower bar ranges also give benefit of lower risk and that can be used to position sizing - indirectly that mean i had a choice of initiating the trade with double size. But for some unknown reason i hardly ever used this in my execution. Perhaps i have always leaned towards minimizing structural risk first, before attempting any increase in size. So Bar 2 was a decent candle not only as for Add, but also as for fresh entry. I passed it without adding, it was a clear mistake i was aware of it at that time. Perhaps due to range activity i have not much confidence in getting desired tgt....MAE move just after entry at Bar 1 was one negative impact in this. And after Bar 3 i decided to scratch it. At the EOD i see Bar 4 just similar to Bar 2, except it was a large size bar. Bar 2 had more confirmation than Bar 1.

2) This part , i am discussing from the viewpoint of a fader ( i am not ) , its other thing it need skill that one can understand in hindsight but may not use properly in runtime. I have marked some hindsight fade locations that a hypothetical fader might use to initiate the trade.

First thing - Why Fade ? Its already explained Friday was big trend day , with slow grinding up activity in later half, Closing activity of friday and today's opening rejection were indication of market to spent time in rotation.

Second Thing - Why i dont use Fade often ? Simply i have no suitable plan for risk in this. I know most trade can be put with some fix stop loss risk, 5 point...or 10 point....or 15 point. That seems me random - how can as a fader, i use a fix stop loss when it is known fact that breakout point might fluctuate, breakout is open ended phenomenon in comparison to close ended range and fakeout/stophunt is easy possibility. I mean to say Fade risk are not of type that can be measured from fix stop loss and using fix stop loss does not make sense to me either. Those who use risk assessment from structure ( as i ) they might justify that if structure is with in fix stop limit than its ok. For example Fade Location 1's structural risk point was Opening Rejection and for Fade Location 2 , Fade Location 1 . Both were in limit of maximum fix stop loss ( 10-12 Points ) for me. But just compare Fade Location 4.....did it care my fix stop loss either way ?
This is one reason i dont try fade often and most of my trade are of type trend-cum-breakout-follow with some confirmation.

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market

Last Updated on August 17, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts