NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Millions Made, now what?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 13 posts (41 thanks)
    2. looks_two wldman with 7 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tigertrader with 5 posts (48 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Johno1 with 4 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 49 thanks per post
    2. looks_two redratsal with 10 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tigertrader with 9.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 3.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,902 views
    2. thumb_up 284 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 61 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Millions Made, now what?

Johno1
Geelong Victoria

Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Received: 92

Underexposed View Post
I don't think that once you reach a certain level of success that you would just pack it in and quit trading... It becomes part of you... you would have to replace that something with something else as or more interesting.

In my case I retired at 54... I did not have enough money to sock it away in some kind of fund or annuity and live out the rest of my life. I had no pensions at the time... no company pension but I gave up my working life in the normal sense once I believed that I could support myself in my normal lifestyle. If I failed back then {shrug} I would have went back to work again... but I never failed.

On thing though, and this would be sort of "retirement" from trading. If I were a daytrader (which I never was though) I would be considering the reduction of stress of being in front of a computer constantly during the trading day. I would be learning to invest in longer term investments and trades. That would be a retirement for me.... earning the same amount of money with less stress.

Most younger people have no clue as to the amount of money they need to reachl in order to retire and live off the interest for the rest of their life.... So I say that while it may be considered work, trading will always be a part of any trader worth his/her salt... I have known several traders over the years... some who have been quite successful doing what they do... never heard of any of them saying they were looking forward to the day when they would stop trading... but then they were not daytrading, options or future/commodity trading... They were in long term stocks, stable and usually paying good dividends.

This could be considered a hobby at this point... nothing wrong with that.

Indubidably

Cheers John

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 fskhan 
Houston, TX USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: MNQ
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 11

Good thread. Good thoughts.

Besides that I want to be a good trader. My goal is to establish a University in some poor country one day,. a University of Engineering, Management and Modern Sciences. It is the education which makes us better.

Now there are secondary things, be a better trader, stay profitable, pay for one's children's education are goals which like every one else, I have too. But besides sitting next to a pool, or just traveling without purpose does not satisfy the desire to do good for others. Hope to see this dream come true.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 22, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts